Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical New discs in front. Where to put proportioning valve

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thechondro, Jan 31, 2018.

1. OK. So I put a scare bird kit in the front. And still have my old drums in the back. But I wasn't sure where to put the combination valve. I imagine it goes somewhere in the front. But where? Also. I think this is the one that I bought. Or one similar at least. I will see if I can find it today in my garage to be sure. Also keep in mind that I put a dual cup master cylinder in it. With a brake booster. I hope that this hasn't been a thread before. It's been a while since I've been on this forum. IMG_1788.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. You use short lines from the master to the proportioning valve. On a later model car with hanging peddles tht is normally just below the master, if the lines don't have a vibration loop in them they would commonly be in the 6-10" range in length.

thechondro and 1934coupe like this.
  3. I mounted mine (also a '59 Ford) to the inner fender below the master.
    prop valve.jpg

thechondro likes this.
  4. I made up a bracket to give me room to run the lines.
    0927141831a.jpg 0927141832.jpg

thechondro likes this.

5. A better shot during assembly.
    42-004.JPG

thechondro and olscrounger like this.
  6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In an attempt to limit the clutter on my roadster I bought this M/C from CPP, it has the proportioning valve built in.
    upload_2018-1-31_11-52-6.png
    And it weighs 260% less than a corvette M/C. And it has a built in brake light switch port. And it's shiny!
    Worth considering maybe.
    Nice bracket!

mario711, mgtstumpy and thechondro like this.
  7. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A simple adjustable proportioning valve would be a better choice, and could be mounted anywhere in the rear line, but a 10 lb external residual is needed for the rears if the dual master you are using doesn't have one internally.

thechondro likes this.
  8. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have one of those babies too and for the same reasons you've stated. Not too sure of your math on the weight saving, but hey! And you forgot that they also come with a remote fill top and power or manual options included - the power option plug was pre fitted on mine and was a right SOB to get out!!! But a little bit on the bulky side, but mine's installed and working on a crowded 32 frame so I'm not complaining!

Chris

thechondro likes this.
  9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fact checking I see :D:cool:
    upload_2018-1-31_15-0-18.png

thechondro likes this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have no idea what they are talking about, seems plenty heavy to me!

bobss396, thechondro and Happydaze like this.
  11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Allstar-Perf...keywords=brake+combination+valve+bracket&th=1

It comes in a version that puts it horizontal, under the master cylinder, or vertical, that puts it on the side.

thechondro likes this.
  12. 1934coupe

1934coupe

That's the way I always mount mine with a bracket that bolts from valve to M/C mtg. stud.

Pat

thechondro likes this.
  13. Thank you sooo much guys! I might have to go through reading all these posts again. I'm in rehab and have limited phone time!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. I can't wait to put it on! I figured it was in the front. This helps sooo much!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take care of yourself, brother.

harpo1313 and thechondro like this.
  16. Thanks gimpyshotrods! It’s been a journey. But, I’ll get through it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mario711, gimpyshotrods and harpo1313 like this.