Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A New Can of Beans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Well know in about 10 minutes. Off to the basement finally.

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Well it’s been 12 minutes have you got your socks on yet?

Stogy, brEad and loudbang like this.
  3. rgdavid

rgdavid

The basement ate him,
    Or hes found stuff he forgot about.

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

While those are completely feasible outcomes I did talk to him and not only did he make it to the basement but he made it out! I’d imagine he’s napping now

Stogy, brad2v, brEad and 2 others like this.
  5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Found that lost case of pork and beans in the basement, now he's sleeping them off.

Stogy, porknbeaner and Austin kays like this.
  6. Well I am proud to say that my Fat Luckys/JC Whitney seats fit. I don't have pics yet and we are going to have to make some adjustments. @Tim is coming by later and we'll snap some pics. Then I'll "have some splainin to do Lucy."

Trust me nothing will make any sense without pics and I have to admit that seats at this point may seem a little premature but in fact it is going to have to happen this way. This little can of beans is a freakin blivet.

7. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drawing a blivet is one thing but building a blivet is quite another. Take pictures as you go.

loudbang likes this.
  8. We will document everything incase I am ever famous. LOL

9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Beano, you're already famous in your own right! :rolleyes::D

10. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

had to look up “blivet”. Learned something already today.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Well I am a legend in my own mind. :D

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Beano, you are correct about Crosley cars being a blivet for sure. When I was a teenager, we had one, a station wagon, and it was tiny alright. We had intended it as a second car for local use, but that brazed up sheet steel engine leaked like a sieve after the stop leak failed !
    Later on a friend of mine wound up with it and put a V8-60hp Ford in it. Looked stock, even with the tiny wheels and surprised lots of guys in stoplight challenges!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I've been to a few hog ties and I know what a "whatzit" is but what's a "blivet"?

Stogy likes this.
  14. 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. :D

Well I'm a short legged little bugger and with the seats against where the back seat should be I can reach the hangin peddles. I guess @Tim bailed on me. I'll have to see if the missus will help me with pics this evening. They won't make much sense without a body.

I would like to have one of those old sheet metal motors, I got an idea that it would make a neat drag bike.

Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. A blivet is someone who farts in the pool and eats the bubbles! :confused:

Back to the hot rods...if you got them.smoke them! HRP

[​IMG]

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Must be an Eastie thing Cuz us Westies call that a fart "Snarfer".

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny my definition of a blivet has always been the same as Beano's.

Stogy likes this.
  18. I farted in the tube the other night, its like a poor man's Jacuzzi.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

[​IMG]

20. Subscribe...

21. Danny the joke is that the 4,000 lb pickup is running the Timex motor which is what is going into the 2,000 pound Crosley ( I think we'll freshen it). I think with 7" tires (or 8s depends on what I lay my hands on) I could have a "smoker". LOL

22. loudbang

loudbang

23. So just a quick update. The day after we unloaded the Crosley I came down with the flu, I did manage to carry these seats up and stick them in it. They actually fit real well.

20180212_155624.jpg

Well sort of, they fit but I am going to have to make some adjustments. LOL

20180212_155802.jpg

The wheel actually rubs my belly. I can move the seats back but won't make a real judgment until I get the drive train in there and see what needs to move where. If I decided today I would say shorten the column a little bit.

So we're trail blazing. :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Beano, that's a helluva lot more seat than came in a stock Crosley, LOL. The stock ones I saw "back inna day" weren't much more than a tubing frame with cloth stretched across it from what I remember, but of course that was 60+ years ago.
    Friend of mine has a couple of rusty hulks in his salvage yard IIRC, next time I talk to him I'll ask if he still has them.

25. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

They weren't much more than slightly padded small lawn chairs! Without the armrests

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  26. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Ben I’m wondering if you could cut the verticle part of the floor behind the seats out and then cut the floor out to let the back of the bottom sink down below.

It would put you in a more relaxed seating position where you aren’t looking threw the roof, the wheel would be further away from your stomach, would probably be easier to get into the car? Just thinking out loud

Glad Austin made it over to take the photos, I actually tried to come over twice in the last two days lol.

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like you are up on the wheel to me. ;)

loudbang likes this.
  28. loudbang

loudbang

More inspiration posted by 296ardun in the in motion thread :)

Jim Agawa leads a Crosley-bodied altered through the lights, probably at Santa Maria. Jim used a carbureted Pontiac for power.
    [​IMG]

Archie Ary's fuel coupe at Inyokern. Archie, from Colton, CA, ran a Chrysler in this Crosley-bodied car, and called it "Archie's Flying Saucer,' thus the art on the door. He ran a garage in Colton, and was one of the founders of the Colton Drag strip.
    [​IMG]

29. AmishMike

AmishMike

Love the build. 40 hood looks like would work but love the idea of original front sheet medal

loudbang likes this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First off if this isn't the coolest little ball of excitement...beautiful Hotrod (I know it's a racer but man a street version of this would rock)...

The graphic on this Lil Brutus reminded me of one from some time ago...perhaps a spin-off of...

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here

Thanks @loudbang & @296ardun