Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods From stock to hot: Cragar ohv 31 model A Roadster build for Wallingford Noah

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Is it AMC blue or Ford Green?

2. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

Looking good!

3. I realized that I probably have a b front cover and a b oil pan and flywheel housing on this motor. Do I need to change all those for A stuff?

Ford blue. I think its a 70's color. It was a very close match to @Wallingford Noah little league baseball team color along with black, and was a color I wanted to do. So it just made sense.

4. Remove the flywheel housing from the B pan and the upper B flywheel housing and install an A flywheel housing. Done.

i420 likes this.
  5. Can i swap to an A oil pan?

6. Probably easier to modify the B pan. If you use an A pan you have to cut the rear for the larger rear main bearing on a B and dimple to clear the rods.

Charlie Stephens

7. The front cover needs to match the distributer you are running to make it easy to time. You can fool around and set the timing wth the wrong front cover.

Charlie Stephens

8. big ups to hitchhiker. I couldn't do this without you brother.

we are moving along slowly. dropped engine in the other night but ran into a couple issues. header we were gonna use is not tall enough for cragar head, and there is not gonna be enough room to fit header with the firewall in way. we still have to order new header (been talking about it for a week now.....) and modify firewall to make it all work. I'm super excited to get this on the road and see what she got. gonna be a fun ride!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Kiwi 4d like this.
  9. 30ARoadster

30ARoadster
    from Salem, OR

Did this roadster come from the Emery's in Seattle area?

chryslerfan55 likes this.