Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Early Ford Store of California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cheeko55, Jan 30, 2018.

1. cheeko55

cheeko55

Hey does anyone know if the shop is closed or on holidays or something-i have been emailing and calling but no answer or reply-

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

They hardly ever answer the phone because they are to busy and not enough help.Just have to keep trying to call until you get thru.

cheeko55 likes this.
  3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've checked on prices for some parts I needed in the past and it always seemed to take a long time for them to reply?

4. cheeko55

cheeko55

Mike got back to me today!!-

bct likes this.

5. LBCD

LBCD

Sometimes a thread like this gets you a callback but most of the time they are super busy and call back a day or 2 later...love that place

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

jnaki and cheeko55 like this.
  6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Just be careful what you buy, they burned me twice.

olscrounger likes this.
  7. I ordered exclusively through their website and never had an issue. Made many orders building my 40.

ChuckleHead_Al likes this.
  8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I'm in there often. Never got burned and always have great friendly service. They do get busy in there and it is kind of a small place with a lot of stuff. You have to know what you need and not guess.

9. 1940Coupe

1940Coupe

Never had a problem getting parts from them over in the UK. Found Mac’s Auto to be the quickest
    Have tried for about half an hour the phone before getting someone to answer

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Wasn't it this store that had the 3-spoke Bell steering wheels repopped? I talked to a woman last year at this location, she said she'd ask...but never remembered having or selling them!
    Is there another early Ford store still going (like the one on Rosemead in the '60s?)

11. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

^^^^^^ I believe the one on Rosemead (@Garvey) was Ford Obsolete and I think the guy's name was Gene. Long gone.

12. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I've ordered a lot from them, never ever got burned. They're 100 in my book.

13. Mail Ordered from here, no worries.

grumpy32 likes this.
  14. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Jim Gordon been running that place. It's still there.

15. Yes on the Jim Gordon answer. The store is on Garvey Blvd. about 1/2 to 1 mile west of Rosemead Blvd. on the north side of the street (old green building.) Jim is the guy that repops the Bell steering wheels using the original molds. 4 spoke 17" and 14". Beautiful wheels but hard to catch him when he has inventory. Very careful about quality control.

jnaki likes this.
  16. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Are you asking about the Early Ford Store in San Dimas?

cheeko55 likes this.
  17. cheeko55

cheeko55

I was just wondering if they closed for a holiday or something-looks like a awesome place to go-wish I had a shop like that here!!

18. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Done several orders with them online and also went to them once. Great to deal with in person and never any issues with orders but they don’t answer the phone and they don’t reply to emails. At least any I have ever made. Last order I got from them took 6 weeks to get and I did email and tried calling to no answer. Having owned a retail biz for as long as I have it does bug me. Not the way we run our biz. I just placed an order with Mac’s and it shipped in 2 days and I got two email confirmations. That’s how we manage our online biz. Liked supporting their little store but I have a hard time with the lack of service. And for those that will make excuses for who or what kind of store they are it doesn’t fly for one simple reason. If you are in retail then you have to provide service. Or you shouldn’t be in retail. My comments aren’t to run them down, they run they’re biz the way they run it and if that keeps they’re lights on great but in the long run they will lose more biz then they will gain. Don’t see myself ordering again after this last go around.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

19. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Given the proximity of the Early Ford Store to the GNRS I'd imagine they'd have been inundated with visitors for days and after the show might have taken a couple of days off?

Chris

20. cheeko55

cheeko55

Thats what I was thinking but I'm up in the frozen north so I don't have a clue whats going on-I just figured someone that is close to them could fill me in-anyway they contacted me and my parts sre on their way!! Finding parts up here is very hard-its easier to find a greenhouse full of weed as we are to be legal this year! Big cloud over Canada!

21. e z i

e z i

I agree 100%. I wanted to buy some stuff from them, but after several calls, and emails with no response, I caved and bought from Mac's. I'm not hacking on them, they can do what they want. Just saying'...

22. coop ED

coop ED

I was just there Saturday. Only one guy working there Son I believe. They were busy with GNRS yes. Lot of Industry people there checking it out.

I have ordered online and got my order quickly and on time. No issues. Have not tried to call or email though. Great shop and have a ton of inventory new and genuine NOS.

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Hotrodder3031

Hotrodder3031

Hello Everyone.
    this is to let everyone Know
    Jim Gordon is well, he has NOT shut down Specialty Ford.
    Specialty Ford 9103 Garvey Ave. Rosemead Cal. 91770
    626-288-2121
    I was at the shop today! 08-25-2022
    I Spoke with Jim he is Alive and well 81years old
    I asked Jim, if it was ok to update and report about what is going on with hime and the Store.
    Jim said yes that would be Fine.
    Jim is the process of cleaning up after the Fire that happened Last year.
    Jim is Re-organizing his stock to make it easier to get parts out.
    Jim will be putting his number back into service as soon as the phone company allows it, has to get an ok in the location due to the fire.
    (this is why it is still out if service)
    In the meantime he said it would be ok if someone wants something to Email me.
    Email With the parts you are asking for and your Name and phone number.
    This way he knows why he is calling you..
    I will print the emails and give it to him every Friday morning.(my day off from work).
    I will respond only to say I got your email.
    Jim will respond directly to you.
    I am a friend of/with Jim, in by getting parts from him started about 10 years ago.
    I am Samuel Josephson, Some Call Me Hotrod Sam
    My email is [email protected]
    I will be happy to help you and Jim.
    I Will Make This Very Cristal Clear!!!! I do NOT ask and Will NOT ask for anything financial.
    That will be Between you and Jim....
    Thanks and Good HotRodding!!!
    HotRod Sam

24. Hotrodder3031

Hotrodder3031

Hello Everyone.
    this is to let everyone Know
    Jim Gordon is well, he has NOT shut down Specialty Ford.
    Specialty Ford 9103 Garvey Ave. Rosemead Cal. 91770
    626-288-2121
    I was at the shop today! 08-25-2022
    I Spoke with Jim he is Alive and well 81years old
    I asked Jim, if it was ok to update and report about what is going on with hime and the Store.
    Jim said yes that would be Fine.
    Jim is the process of cleaning up after the Fire that happened Last year.
    Jim is Re-organizing his stock to make it easier to get parts out.
    Jim will be putting his number back into service as soon as the phone company allows it, has to get an ok in the location due to the fire.
    (this is why it is still out if service)
    In the meantime he said it would be ok if someone wants something to Email me.
    Email With the parts you are asking for and your Name and phone number.
    This way he knows why he is calling you..
    I will print the emails and give it to him every Friday morning.(my day off from work).
    I will respond only to say I got your email.
    Jim will respond directly to you.
    I am a friend of/with Jim, in by getting parts from him started about 10 years ago.
    I am Samuel Josephson, Some Call Me Hotrod Sam
    My email is [email protected]
    I will be happy to help you and Jim.
    I Will Make This Very Cristal Clear!!!! I do NOT ask and Will NOT ask for anything financial.
    That will be Between you and Jim....
    Thanks and Good HotRodding!!!
    HotRod Sam