Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Firestone De Luxe...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flyin-t, Jan 29, 2018.

1. flyin-t

flyin-t

...hammer. I know it's not a hot rod part or even a hot rod tool but I was going through my grandpa's tool box again and this was laying in the bottom. Never noticed the marking before and thought it's kinda cool. Grandpa was a mechanic and worked in Hollywood durning the '20s and 30s at the White Garage and was at one time Ken Maynard's personal mechanic. Maynard was cowboy star. Don't know if this hammer dates that far back though? fullsizeoutput_2336.jpeg

2. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

That's really cool! Paint it black with white letters, and use it as a shift knob.

Bandit Billy and LBCD like this.
  3. A Boner

A Boner

Definitely not a Ford hammer.....way too small!

Murphy32 and Stogy like this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

LOL

5. Hey Rich, How've ya been? According to this site, http://collectiblehardware-tools.com/, Firestone made a few different carpentry tools. Nice to have something from your grandfather.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Saw a GOODYEAR blimp recently...

7. flyin-t

flyin-t

Doing great, how 'bout you guys?
    My grandpas tool box is amazingly small compared to what most guys have today. He gave it to me when I got my first T. It had almost every tool needed to rebuild a T engine and keep the car on the road, including some bailing wire and half a hammer. I wish he'd hung onto his '24 roadster he bought new and put a 4 valve Rajo on. He traded that in for a brand new '28 coupe.
    Thanks for the link.

Irish Mike likes this.