Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Req. help with TH200-4R ID.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaalcom, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Thanks,
    My son just set up the website, so I asked him to check if the contact page is working correctly.

I followed the instructions, to set up the free play and ground the pin down. The servo didn't help it at all so the band was already smoked.

2. TexasT

TexasT
    from Texas

We can discuss the servo set up. Freeplay sounds like you had it too loose. It needs to be tight and it seems too tight but that is what makes for a good shift.

3. TexasT

TexasT
    from Texas

My phone crashed so I sent the info to the thommyknocker.com
    Saw your youtube vids. Very nice!

Too much clearance on the servo imo. Needs tighter and with that little servo and low pressure you may have already scorched the band. What pressure do you get at idle with a full tv cable pull. You need to disconnect it and pull it all the way out and read the gauge. Pressures look low to me but i'm used to seeing well over 200psi on a full pull and 150 or so with it having some throttle and accelerating.

[​IMG]
    Keep up the good work. I used a white spring in the 1-2 accumulator and was told to have it "out of the hole" about a quarter of an inch. I used a nut to accomplish that.
    [​IMG]
    Just have to be careful on the reinstall and not use the bolts to "pull" the cover down as it can pull the threads out of the aluminum case.

4. Ol' Trucker

Ol' Trucker

I know this is an older thread, but i'm having a helluva time finding out which transmission I have,
    The Tag reads 355-891CUF0148 and the case appears to be stamped 1KR430288 (twice) see attached images. Any info would be appreiciated.
    image.png
    TransSerial.jpg

5. Ericnova72

Ericnova72
    from Michigan

Give us a couple pics of the entire trans and/or the trans pan....neither "CU" or "CUF" code doesn't appear on any 200-4R code list I've looked at.

6. Old thread,
    So all these various codes have associated internal differences?
    0C1E121F-E6AA-40E3-A265-C629B1B85BEC.png

Hnstray likes this.
  7. Jim43bob

Jim43bob

Hi. I have the same problem with reading the tag.
    My 2004r has a tag that reads the following.
    First in large letters is KT followed by an F
    Then below that is a 13 digit code that reads 289-882KTF1390
    If I go by what has seen so far is that all three letter codes are supposed to be for 1986-1990 and be a 15 digit code.
    My tag is only 13 digits which is supposed to be from a 1982 to 1985.
    So I'm totally confused as to what year or what car this transmission is from as well! Resized_20200922_154238_2546.jpeg

8. squirrel

squirrel

1988 full size car, from behind a 307 olds engine...is what I can tell