Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Nashville to L.A. in a 32 Roadster in winter.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordor Ron, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Stumbled across this on the web. Some of you guys are crazy enough to do this.

Check it:

Neat little car too. Anyone know anything else about it? Pics?

2. Looks like fun

Fordor Ron likes this.
  3. primed34

primed34

The roadster belongs to Bill Akin of Nashville. He built the car in the '70's.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  4. I have a friend up here in the middle of VT that makes the run in his roadster. He dresses out in a snow mobile suit for a lot of the trip till he gets to warmer climates. He has a lot of stories usually................wonder why????

Fordor Ron likes this.

5. studebaker46

studebaker46

what a lucky guy agreat trip and some guy loans him an iconic hotrod Tom

Fordor Ron likes this.
  6. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Ron, That was absolutely awesome, Thanks

Fordor Ron likes this.
  7. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Nothing better than the drive... awesome.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy used to do like VTWhead's buddy did/does during the winter. get the snowmobile suit on put the helmet with face shield that went with it on and jump in the roadster and go. He only drove about 80 miles from the house that way but said he was plenty comfortable.
    Back in the 70's in Texas I met a kid who I think was a GI who was headed cross country in a T bucket in the middle of winter and didn't look to have that great of a coat or other clothes. Invited him to stay at the house that night and take off in the morning but he said he had a lot of miles to make. I figured he thought if he thawed out he would quit the trip.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  9. Back up for the evening crowd.