Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods United pacific new 32 pickup cost?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by haileyp1014, Jan 21, 2018.

1. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

It's still a hot rod no matter if it's fiberglass or steel

2. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Look what I started.

LuckySumbich, slim38, timwhit and 2 others like this.
  3. There are a whole lot of things worth more apart than together, it's sorta crazy but that the truth of the matter.

loudbang likes this.
  4. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Young man, I hope you're happy now!

haileyp1014 likes this.
  5. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

In 1989 it cost me 1000 Canadian to fix my doors [ hinge problem] I could not find any replacements.

loudbang likes this.
  6. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Don't mean to hijack this door thread, but Mark Kirby (Motor City Flatheads) and a partner are/were working on an aluminum Flathead. Impressive! http://vintagemotorsusa.org/enenta_alumFlathead.html

7. Do we have an answer to the opening question yet?

oldrelics likes this.
  8. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

I'm heading over to the show (set-up day) in a little while. It's only 15 minutes away.:cool: I'll try to post something tonight.

9. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your link is 6 years old. This never seems to go anywhere. On the other hand, Tod, the guy doing the block I mentioned, knows how to finish a project.

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My current doors are made of rust, dust, shadows, hope, and a small quantity of steel.

I'd love to find better ones, but the only ones that I ever find are only slightly better, and are >$1200.00/ea.

clem likes this.
  11. Manager

Manager

Answering the origional question definately isn't allowed on the HAMB.:D

banjorear, Tim, crminal and 5 others like this.
  12. That seems to be an Epidemic here but an unanswered question can build numerous pages of reply's.
    The Wizzard

hidez57, seabeecmc and clem like this.
  13. The only way to get this question answered would be to ask a totally unrelated question

seabeecmc, clem, tubman and 1 other person like this.
  14. clem

clem

To the original poster, and to also spoil everyone’s fun, please google United Pacific, and directly contact them to answer your questions................

15. About ten years ago I bought a very nice, complete 1925 Model T sedan body here on the HAMB. Paid $1,500 for it. I met the seller at the Chickasaw Swap Meet and we loaded it on my trailer. Before I left a gent offered me $3,000 for the primo doors. I passed him up. Why would he offer so much? The 26-27 Model T sedan and truck doors were also used on the 28-29 pickup. Pickups are more popular than sedans. Odds of finding a 26, 17, 28, or 29 Ford pickup with good doors is remote. Trucks lived a hard life and it was not unusual for farmers, ranchers, and tradesmen to ditch the doors in favor of the ease of entry and exit that going doorless offered. I have the 26 Model T sedan body put back, I'll sell you the whole body for $3,000 or just the doors for $3,000. A body without doors is useless.

48fordnut likes this.
  16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Exactly. That's the going rate.

17. verde742

verde742

IMG_0992.JPG does mine look better yet? $9500.00 Henry Ford steel...a late ‘31 with 32 top and bed

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    haileyp1014 likes this.
  18. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I just paid a little over 1400$ for 2 steel repop steel fenders, should have bought them when they were 300 ea.......doh!

Petejoe likes this.
  19. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Wonder how many people thought the house was for sale too

20. Manager

Manager

21. fuzzface

fuzzface

I'm starting to wonder if U.P. even knows what they want for the truck cabs. :) I went looking online and every U.P. site, utube videos and a couple of their dealers I ran across had price tags for their coupes but not the truck cabs and in the question sections they had people asking how much the cabs were but they never got an answer back but other questions were answered.

22. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

$24,000

23. Hogger

Hogger
    from Carvel AB

A
    Also depends on how you want it, with without firewall, dash etc.....more required = more cost...

24. verde742

verde742

IMG_0992.JPG that just BASIC price,
    O, you want MORE ? bring more $$$$$$$

NOW !!! how do I look for a fun little pu ??

25. Anderson

Anderson

That can’t be right. The truck cab costs more than the 5 window?

clem likes this.
  26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure it can.

Until the production numbers where startup expense is recovered, and economy of scale takes over, the price will be higher.

Very few companies are large enough and wealthy enough to absorb the loss of introducing a truly new model line. the ones that do not have sufficient on-hand capital to fund starting a new line, with the hopes of a later return, will need to fund the start with the immediate sales of the product.

It takes a whole ton of money to get to the point where you can stamp and assemble one single production-quality body. It does not take very much money, after that, to stamp and assemble the second one, but you still need to pay for how you got to the first one. The initial price needs to be set high enough that a sufficient amount of revenue comes in to both fund keeping the line running, and to pay-down the startup cost, as quickly as possible.

If you get that wrong, you go out of business.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  27. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

I was told 14k for the cab today....

28. Anderson

Anderson

That sounds far more accurate.

29. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

It looked really nice...

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Had a tour of United Pacific this morning, it was a 2 and 1/2hr visit. Spoke with David Odegard - Director of Research & Development who instigated the tour with a dealer from the Sanford FL. area.

Really didn’t have a lot to ask beforehand, but as I read this thread I’m still going over what I witnessed there. If one is looking for state of the art technology, this is the place.

I went and looked over two of the truck cabs yesterday during GNRS set up. Heck, I’d take one..... I complemented the guys in the booth, then knew that I’d be taking an even closer look today. 5AA5BC2E-ABCF-41CE-B180-DDD97EEB0104.jpeg

These 5W’s and Trucks cabs are jigged up here in Long Beach. They had much of the sheet metal in stock and a 5W Body #89 in the jig.

The build starts at the doors so there is no deviation from a OEM FoMoCo product or their replacement. It’s a solid fixture and is the same every time.

There was a lot of reference material in the area. “This could open up literally a lot of doors” ;). So the # that I heard on the doors was roughly $3200 retail. That’s a complete set of doors though.

I’m sorry as I couldn’t give you a price on the cab as we didn’t come back to that answer.
    If I had to guess, I’d say about $11.5 US. with regulators and latches. But that’s just my guess.

It is a very nice product and they have a very efficient operation in a state of the art facility.

54reno and clem like this.