Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Masterson Brothers Speedster

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by ARTEMIS1759, Jan 24, 2018.

1. ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

So, I may get blasted for this, since it is not a traditional in a sense. But, what we are trying to accomplish is. We are going to kustom build a body I designed. Initially it was designed to be a steam car (bump on the hood for the boiler) but my boss saw it and wants to build it. I need to figure out how to make BMW V12 look like an engine from the 30s. Particulars are still being ironed out on Paper. Doors will fold out as shown...

Attached Files:

2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3d printing is the way to go...look into a 3d printing company in your area..they digital scan your original parts and can adopt , modify any engine bolt ons to your design goals..good luck..

3. Cool design, good luck, post build updates if it goes forward

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. CadMad

CadMad

My favourite pantograph doors. What car is the blue one?

stanlow69 likes this.

5. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Hope this comes to life. Fascinating concept. Please keep us all updated.

6. fortynut

fortynut

Not sure if you are creating static or dynamic rendition. Old School method is to build an armature of wood and wire over object to be hidden. Sculpt rough form in plaster. Then cover and finish this with plastilene an oil based clay or it's equivalent. This can be worked to final configuration. Use shim stock to divide in sections and cover clay with mold release. Use plaster and burlap after initial female surface mold is created. Some improvisation is the byword to be able to reassemble. You can lay up with carbon fiber or fiberglass. The initial glass coat, or equivalent will be only as good as your preparation. Paint and airbrush as appropriate. This is one suggestion. You might consider fabrication and welding a cover out of thin metal. Whatever the case you have dauntless task ahead of you. By the way, interesting sketches. Good Luck and God speed.

7. brady1929

brady1929

Cool. Good luck.

8. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

3D printing is expensive... But your idea is wonderful, I hope you accomplish it! Everything must be Custom built! I'll be following along.

9. ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

Wish it would come to fruition. But, my wife passed in 2018 and I left Savannah. Still in touch with the shop though.