Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Trade for a station wagon almost

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jan 23, 2018.

1. philo426

philo426

2. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

So exactly what was the year and model of the wagon?

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  3. I dig the Chrysler myself... hope Bruce holds onto it until I get more garage space.

4. Joedoh, he did run across to the auto parts store and bought a part and put it in but the motor still wouldn't idel down .It was still just screaming. Bruce.

5. Stogy.My wife just LOVES that picture.LOL.Thanks Bruce.

pat59 likes this.
  6. BigDogSS.Lets just say it was a newer wagon and NOT H.A.M.B. friendly.Bruce.

Model T1 likes this.
  7. O.K. dig this.Same guy e mails me yesterday{that had the mercury wagon} and sends me a picture of a 1971 A.M.C. Hornet station wagon with {he says have 15,000 miles on it .It looked nice in the pictures} I told him nicely it was a nice little station wagon but I would need $$$ plus the trade.He writes me back. I just wanted you to come to Nashville{4 hours away} and I was going to stand you up like you did to me. I just wanted to waste your time like you wasted mine.You really have a cool car and I love it .Good luck with it and your a fu#king Jerk. HA , HA, HA. I wrote back to him .I said Right back at you buddy. Man there are some crazy people out there. I am glad he wasn't bitter about the deal LOL.I think I will just will keep looking on the H.A.M.B. where people are honest with what they sell. Thanks . Bruce.

8. Bruce, Like I said before Some people. Jeeze.

9. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I know Brenda it is a 1954 ford.

10. philo426

philo426

Yeah I remember Ritchie Cunningham's 54 Ford Conv on Happy Days!

11. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

He doesn't...he doesn't know where you live, right?!

12. Truck64 . No he doesn't.I do all my deals in town. I don't thing anyone could make it up my mountain drive way to see it any way. My neighbors call it the drive way from hell. LOL. Bruce. 002.JPG

Truck64, Model T1 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  13. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Looks like Hell might be froze over Bruce. Lol
    Keep looking and something nice will come along.

loudbang and Bruce Fischer like this.
  14. Model T1

Model T1

Sorry Bruce. I hope neither of you guys are upset with me. I told Grizz about your car and how friendly you are.
    In reality I know very little about either of you. I just sorta like most car guys and figure they are honest and understanding.
    Been off the site way too long. Moved back to Illinois where the weather is nicer than Florida!
    Did I mention I have brain damage?

As you know I'm a wagon man too but I'd rather have your crappy Chrysler.

15. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

16. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Bruce, after parting with my 1956 Desoto back in 2004, I still have remorse.

I had to do some work to get the car going, and bitched the whole time doing it. But, once I got it road worthy, damn that was a awesome driving car. The Hemi was so quiet, you couldn't even hear it run! Then I foolishly traded it on a impulsive thing, something that haunted me for a few years. I STILL miss the Desoto. If I could turn back time....

I hope you have a better fate.

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. ARKIE,I talked to him when it was on E bay he said if it didn't sell he would be interested.It didn't sell on E bay.Now its on Craigs list I e mailed him 3 times about a trade and got nothing back from him. Its been for sale a long time. Maybe because it has no title??Thanks though. Bruce.

19. I don’t understand “ it’s a $50 dollar fix... you fix it!”
    For $50 bucks it would have been traded and done, sounds like it may have been a can o worms..... or possibly something small and easy.

Either way why make it your problem.

Love the Chrysler I had a 53 some years ago and sold it for for some good money, even still 10 years later I miss that car! Drive smooth, easy and had good power.

Like your doing keep it and enjoy, It’s Murphy’s law.... once you stop looking and bein’ antsy to get something . The right car will show up!

Good luck hunting

20. Bruce I am so glad you dodged a bullet with this guy and his screaming deal Mercury.
    Seems like the guy is the type that would have tortured you forever if you had made a swap with him. Stick with the Chrysler. Simple car to maintain and you know what you got.
    Something along a wagon will fall into your lap when you least expect it.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.