Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 30 Ford on 32 chassis ride height

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleycontracter, Feb 17, 2016.

1. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

I just took my chassis of the jig. I find that my ride height in the front is 13 3/4 from the center bolt of the front cross member to floor. In the rear I have 5" from top of tire to the bottom of the wheel well opening.
    I'm using a stock 32 heavy axle, 32 front cross member and stock 32 spring. I cut the 32 frame at the cowl area and brought the front of the rail level to the rest of the frame. I'm trying to bring the ride height down about overall about 5". What am I doing wrong or how can I accomplish the results I'm looking to get? The motor weight sitting on the frame also. I need to resolve this so I can move on to the next step.

I'm starting this for brother Neil. His email is [email protected] if you have any diagrams or whatever that may help him.

Looking forward to any suggestions.........................

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Pictures sure would help....put the body on also

Harms Way likes this.
  3. Harms Way

Harms Way

What kind of rear suspension are you using ?..... For the front, a Model A front crossmember will lower you another inch,... Or you can get a flat one from a number of other sources. Also you can take some leafs out of the front pack, Get a reversed eye spring... There are a number of tricks.. Take care to make sure you keep your geometry right on that front end.

For the rear, there is also a number of tricks you can do to lower it,.... However like stated earlier, PICTURES would help enormously.... As far as what your doing at the firewall ??? I cant figure out what your saying.... But remember you have to level out your engine at the carb mounting flange when your installing it,... And you have to set your pinion angle .... Lots to consider,... Think it all the way through before you cut anything.....

Here is a chassis I built for my buddy Ed's A Coupe project... I thought it sat really well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. ty johnson

ty johnson

I'm using a flat crossmember, Durant super low mono leaf, and a 5 inch drop [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.

5. Sounds like the ride height is about stock.

Pictures are worth a 1000 words

6. How tall are your tires?