Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Latest Acquisitions...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm not sure actually... I sent them a bunch of stuff to do on various gauges and have no idea what just the tach conversion is. Give them a call though - super nice guys.

chryslerfan55 and olscrounger like this.
  2. On the other hand....
    I love parts. If I put every cool part I've had on a car the car would be ridiculous but as individual accents they are all wonderful pieces.
    I sell a lot of them here on the HAMB.
    I like "bringing the parts to market". Helping other people find the hard to find part they might be looking for.

The treasure hunt is extremely fun for me and for a guy that's a little reclusive it gives me an entry point to a conversation which his lead to meeting a lot of great people who share a common interest with all of us that read and post to the HAMB.

As for parts...my most recent pick rewarded me with
    4 early Olds multi carb intakes
    2 early Olds blower intakes
    2 pairs of magnesium wheels (1 pair sold on HAMB) (1 pair I'm keeping)
    6 old chrome Strombergs (sold on HAMB)
    and some other cool stuff too.
    All of which I will offer for sale here on the HAMB.

thank you Ryan and everyone who has purchased parts from me here.
    It's a labor of love and every now and then I get lucky enough to find something I want to keep
    or something that I make a little money to put towards my own hot rods.

enloe, chryslerfan55 and Squablow like this.
  3. IMG_1501.JPG IMG_1502.JPG IMG_1302.JPG IMG_1305.JPG

In keeping with the theme of this thread, I also picked up a bitchin' steering wheel and a multi-carb Fenton intake for the 303 Olds engine planned for the RPU.

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I'm kinda 'set in my ways' as to interior appointments. Ever since my red '32 five window Hiboy (in 1958) I've used Bell 3 spoke steering wheels, Sun tachs and S-W gauges in everything...Most rides had big Moon gas pedals, too. '24 'T' roadster and 3 VWs got the smaller cut-down Moon pedals, but still got 'em!
    Somebody sat in my F100 and remarked about the Bell 4-spoke wheel...(and the S-Ws, and the big Moon pedal, and the Sun tach...) He said, "It looks like your roadster in here..." I said it made for a 'familiar office'!

bowie and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

As an entry level collector, what I have is very modest in the grand scheme of things. Here's a small sample. PArk assist.jpg Hollywood stop light on.JPG Stop lamp.jpg Yankee.jpg Elec.jpg Oil eye.jpg Passing eye box.jpg All NOS in OEM boxes.

enloe, rod1, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  6. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"mgtstumpy" - That "Transistor Ignition" setup looks a lot like one I have. Would you perchance have the installation instructions that come with it? Maybe I can figure out how mine works. I have no instructions, no electronics knowledge, nuttin'.

7. I want to see the valve cover collection.....

8. the-rodster

the-rodster

I need one for my 41 pickup project.

I really dig this look.

I like original stuff, this is probably a repro.

TACH.jpg

chryslerfan55 and tofords like this.
  9. Brad333

Brad333

[​IMG]

Had my twin blue NOS water temp gauge turn up along with a repro panel to house my twin blues. The water temp gauge came with the original box and instructions still intact. Want to replace the vacuum gauge with a fuel gauge and mount the vacuum gauge on the firewall. Collecting these has been a pain (especially being located in Australia)

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This is fantastic brad. Really great look...

chryslerfan55 and Brad333 like this.
  11. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow, love that SW setup with engine turned insert. A timeless look all by itself. Those SW instruments certainly look good and hold their value.

I'll buy if I like it the aesthetics and can afford it. So much out there to chose from. I have a mint Airguide compass, Vacuum and altimeter somewhere among all the parts boxes I have?

NOS Allstate tune up kit, vacuum gauge, compression gauge, timing light.
    [​IMG]

Judson Magneto coil.
    Judson.jpg

Southwind heater. Don't think I'd ever use it the way it was intended but a nice display piece. Southwind.JPG

Allstate signal.
    allstate indicator.jpg

Another Judson ignition coil. See dee coil.jpg

A little later and OT but I saw this and had to have it. Now an obsolete part, filters are available. Filter.JPG

Here's a NOS Sun Tacho dated circa 6/64 and transmitter box dated circa 5/65.
    What about this NOS Radson 10kRPM tacho, don't know if it needs a transmitter or a NOS 1960s Sun tacho and transmitter.

Filco coil and Allstate regulator.
    20141018_072913.jpg

12. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

A lot of these tachometers used an obsolete 1.35 volt mercury battery, but I have seen them on ebay from Russia because the Russians are (or were until very recently) still making them.

I don't see any right now, but there are tiny battery size adaptors to replace the mercury cells, that take an even smaller common 1.5 volt button cell.

An alternative to having the old US electronic guts of the tachometer ripped out and replaced with modern stuff.

With a bit more searching I found a Russian seller here:

http://www.px625.ru/

Of course if you use the genuine mercury batteries, they should be recycled when they are done.

enloe likes this.
  13. My latest...
    99.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. I was at a Yard Sale last year & seen a Boat Dash that had all the Gauges
    what got my attention was the Sun Super Tack 8 grand, I asked the guy
    how much he said $1. so I took it Home & the Tack Works & all the
    other Gauges I still have they have a German Name.

Another Guy is Cleaning out his Farther's House & I have a Moroso Tack Drive
    Mechanic Drive withe the Cable.

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

enloe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. I’m with Ryan and Corey. Gauges, steering wheels...both thing you use, feel and look at every time you drive. I have a football tach in my 34 that Jerry Valentine in WA convert d for me. Works great. I don’t have a lot of gauges, but I made up for it with a chrome bill for the dash

D213E446-E9E3-4C7F-93A5-833A2DFCCEFF.jpeg

rod1, bchctybob, TexasSpeed and 3 others like this.
  16. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another benefit of drinking!

chryslerfan55, louisb and enloe like this.
  17. Hey Brad333, here's what that set up looks like in my car, nice choice by the way !
    IMG_5089.JPG

18. Brad333

Brad333

They look unreal ric. Seeing them on a bench is one thing, let alone actually fitted. Never seen a full set in Australia, hence why I have been collecting them. Managed to also score an 8k mechanical tach a while back I hope to mount on the column.

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and ric like this.
  19. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

‘60 Buick tail lights and early ‘60’s Ford FE long tube headers

Attached Files:

20. They came in my Model A when I bought it 20 some odd years ago, mounted on a funky wooden dashboard. I changed that out and kept the gauges. They do seem kind of unusual, when I saw yours (mounted in the same panel as mine !) I really did a double take. Nice work putting that together.

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and Brad333 like this.
  21. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

you really need to reproduce this shifter - there is a market for them, and I for one would buy it, and a jimmy hydro...... Best shifting Period drag box.... ever.

KCTA Chris likes this.
  22. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

IMG_1636.JPG IMG_1635.JPG The panel with the black insert was Friday's find. Needed a serious cleaning as it was covered with red paint and clearcoat overspray.
    The one with the Chrome insert was from a boat swap meet a couple of years ago. I guess the local street rodder guys don't want these as I picked up both of them for $20 each.

chryslerfan55, enloe and catdad49 like this.
  23. louisb

louisb

Nice!

--louis

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Gorgeous.

25. louisb

louisb

Just got this nice 32 wishbone for my late 40s A roadster on 32 rails project from a fellow HAMB member. Not as fancy as gauges but no less exciting to me. Got to have the right parts.

IMG_20180122_133315.jpg

Thanks,

--louis

26. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

100_0862.jpg
    I couldn't pass this up at swap meet several years ago. It is '55 Studebaker Speedster. I'll use it in my '26 Chevy roadster if I can fit it in. If not I'll customize a dash for the '53 pickup. It has all the switches, even the courtesy light and switch. I need The cigarette lighter, Radio face or delete, and the clock. In the roadster I my just cut that side off. So buy it then build a car around it?

enloe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

My latest score was a pair of 4" wide '40 Ford wheels with a date stamp of 11-18-40 and 11-6-40. Nothing special but pretty cool to see.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Hopefully I will be making some acquisitions this Sunday in Nashville:)

29. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I got this a couple of weeks ago to adapt the 153 Chevy 4 to a Studebaker T86 for my ''26 Chevy roadster build. cooler than the adapter I built. Now I need a small block to Powerglide adapter to make it work.

s-l1600-5.jpg

30. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

@sixball I have the adapter and starter you'll need for that - freight would be a killer though. ;);)o_O

Remember to get the starter, and inquire about the number of teeth on the flywheel ring gear to match the '55-62 SBC starter.