Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ansen Scattershield info please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by W6RAT, Jan 13, 2018.

1. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

dose anybody know what Clutch Release Slave Cylinder works with the old iron Ansen Scattershield for Chevy. thanks for any help

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Fordors

Fordors

I’m not sure when they started and ended being used but a 1960 Chevy pickup used the slave cylinder. I think they are available in 1 1/16” and 1 1/8” bore and still easy to find.
    Ansen, among others, marketed slave cylinder kits with a fabricated bracket that positioned the cylinder. The Ansen scatter bell I sold a couple of years ago had no provision to directly bolt the slave on, but the factory truck bells had bosses that were drilled and tapped for the slave. Some (all?) were mounted on the passenger side.

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

IF you're interested, I have the ^^^^^ slave cylinder AND the dual chamber clutch/brake master cylinder, both new in original boxes, and I have NO use for them. Shipping, and a small "donation", and they're yours, or anyone's who's interested. There you go. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

loudbang likes this.
  4. wheelguy

wheelguy

I'm interested if W6RAT doesn't want them. > I PM'D you.
    Regards, Joe

5. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

I am vary interested in them my email is [email protected] 541-266-8505

6. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

I am vary interested in them [email protected] cell# 541-808-8779
    home# 541-266-8505

thanks

7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

PM sent to both guys^^^. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

8. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

I am not sure what PM stands for or how it works but I want it for sure. I have a set of Ansen swing pedals and it all would help me out greatly. please let me know how much you would like for them. Bruce [email protected] or a phone # to call and best time to call

9. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

P.M.=Private Message sent through the HAMB; like you've already done, just follow the conversation. Get me a name/address, and I'll get the shipping quote for a total. Already boxed the stuff up in a USPS Priority Mail box.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

The slave cylinder on the Chevrolet trucks mounted to the PASSENGER side of the bellhousing (wonder why they did THAT?); a bracket would most likely have to be made to mount it to the drivers side if thast's the style bellhousing you have. The old Ansen, Wedge Engineering, Cobra, RC Industries scattershields were all cast STEEL.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  10. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

not sure if my last reply got through ( still learning how the HAMB works ) I have been reading and looking for a long time but not interacting much. just in case my last one didn't get through Bruce Jackson 62899 W.Catching Rd. Coos Bay Oregon 97420 let me know how much and where to send a money order and I will send it to you. thanks

11. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

12. amadeus

amadeus

I think that was only on '60-'62 Trucks and the later mid 60's-to early 70's BIG Trucks 4500-5500 Industrial trucks.
    Probably because the way the motor and transmission "hung" from the motor and trans mounts? Or maybe for transfer case and PTO/bracketry clearance .

13. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

14. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

Butĉh I dont know if this is getting to you or not but here is the info Bruce Jackson 62899 W.Catching Rd. Coos Bay Oregon 97420 let me know how much and where to send a money order and I will send it to you. thanks

15. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Check your PM's. It's/they're on the way. At the top of your screen on the right side of the forum, you'll see an envelope symbol; if that symbol is red, you have a message; just respond there to PM's. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018