Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mighty Mo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clik, Jan 3, 2010.

1. I remember that place. Lotsa accidents on that road.:)

2. Yeah you might say that. Big Billy was the owner along with Russell Maske and his son little Billy was my boss. It went under a while ago and little Billy works for another company now. He might not be working at all any more he has to be pushing 70.[/QUOTE]
    Hmm, boss, huh? Maybe I shudn't have mentioned it. You're right about his age. We used to run in the same circles when we were teens. He cud rub people the wrong way then, I can imagine that didn't stop as he aged. I haven't seen him since those teen years. Just thot it was a small world thing. I knew he worked for his ol' man, but didn't know in what capacity.

3. ......................I often thought it might be interesting to knock on their door on a Friday evening with a bottle of cheap wine and maybe get a chance to sit and watch Debbie does Dallas, Deep Throat or Behind the Green Door!:eek:;)

4. We used to run in the same circles when we were teens. He cud rub people the wrong way then, I can imagine that didn't stop as he aged. .[/QUOTE]

We got along great. He even put me up at his place when we worked in the southern part of the state. I have not seen him in quite a few years.

5. Clik

Clik

Central Drivein.jpg

6. Clik

Clik

7. We got along great. He even put me up at his place when we worked in the southern part of the state. I have not seen him in quite a few years.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. I always got along with him. He was full of laughs.

8. vettefarm

vettefarm

9. vettefarm

vettefarm

OK, this looks a reply spot. Just getting my wings dry in retirement. Glad to see Clik is still posting.
    We're old alumni from Chester's Corvette Shop. My avatar pic was taken in the Snow Hill Apts. in Laurel Md. in early '74. I recall a XXX drive-in in Beltsville Md. next to the Esso station where I picked up this beauty. The movie was a letdown (Mask of the Red Death). Will try to retrieve some photos of that time (no promises) and review Google Maps for location names and shop buddies. Anyone else want to chat? I will try not to take years to reply.

10. Hey, thanks for joining in, vettefarm. We would thoroughly enjoy any stories and/or pictures you might have from the era of the Mo, Hot Shoppes, Beltsville, Chester's Corvette Shop, etc. etc. Tell us more about your time in the area..............................Don.

11. Clik

Clik

I didn't work at Chester's long. I was told he had cancer and was in deep with the IRS and just didn't give a rats ass. He used to have me sweeping the shop at the end of the days and then he'd blow fiberglass dust all over the place until you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Real healthy. Itched like all Hell.

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  12. Yeah, I used to live in Snow Hill Apts., too, but I was long gone with Uncle Sam's Canoe Club by '74.
    Wayne 1st Vette.jpg

13. Clik

Clik

One pants leg rolled up. You weren't riding a bicycle and just posing with that car were ya? Ha! Ha! ;)

14. Heheheheh!! No, those were the baggy, garbage grays style of the late '60s showin' off my Chuck Taylor All-Stars. The real funny part is I'm a closet Pontiac guy and I'm wearing my Pontiac sweatshirt while driving my Vette. The dark spot on the shirt's left breast is a red, Pontiac Indian head.:eek::D I still have that sweatshirt. One of my Pontiac buddies created several for our group ala Roth style. I'll have to take a pic of it and post it up.

15. .......................By all means!:D;)

16. Back up for Mo Memories.:D

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  17. Here's a couple pix of the Pontiac themed sweatshirt I was wearing in the pic with my '61 Vette. The front has my name, red Indian head, and hairy navel. Hard to see is the "male" symbol on the left sleeve shoulder. The reverse has the GTO emblem, the GTO tiger growl, and a badass GTO. It was hand drawn by a teenage, gearhead friend who was also a Pontiac guy.
    Pontiac Sweatshirt.jpg Pontiac Sweatshirt1.jpg

Clik, wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Dig the shirt, Wayne. My brother lives in Ellicott City, you might see him sporting about in a red King Midget, with Hemmings lettering on the doors.

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. ..........Tell him he needs to get on here and join in the antics of the Maryland HAMBsters. I promise we won't hold it against him that he drives a King Midget.:D;)

lothianwilly71 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  20. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Well Don, it is hopped up a little, and though it's a '67, the body style dates back into the HAMB friendly days. Oh yeah! I forgot to plug the fact that it was built in our native Athens, Ohio, right here in the good ol' USA!

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. Don't recall seeing him about, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for him. There are a number of car guys in E.C., but one doesn't see them out and about too often. Yet, every once in a while you'll pass something on the road and say, "Hey, look at that, I've never seen that before." Then, you never see it again. Weird!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. Clik

Clik

Some more old pics popped up in the last couple days on "Old Hyattsville" Facebook. Maybe someone can get 'em over here in a way that they won't be Photofucketed away.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  23. 4432161725_6708c2b98a.jpg 9c68f73cb27d63c657e4a6236e40a4a1.jpg md-capitolheights-centralavenue-2.jpg Not from Facebook, but just to keep this thread moving along........

lothianwilly71 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  24. Clik

Clik

That's not our Mo!

25. I'll see if I can get someone to send them to me. I ain't on facebook.

26. Clik

Clik

Does anyone know where this picture was taken of Sonny Willet's '34 Chevy? Sonny Willet 34 Chevy A2.jpg

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  27. Clik

Clik

28. Clik

Clik