Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Back to work , kinda....Bubbas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Jan 17, 2018.

1. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Hey guys after not working in the shop for a couple weeks , i got in today and finished a few orders (will ship tomorrow) may work a few hours each day. Have pinched nerve in back, seems to be a little better have a MRI set for feb 2nd.....Been down since Christmas ..........

2. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Hope you heal quickly!

3. Get well soon.

4. get well soon !

5. Vanness

Vanness

You don’t realize how bad it sucks to be sick! Until you get sick yourself. Get better.

Garagekulture13 and sidevalve8ba like this.
  6. pumpman

pumpman

Bubba, take it slow and let the body heal. The distributors don't know that you're not in the shop.

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That "pinched nerve in the back" crap really sucks. I screwed mine up mid-November delivering food to three different charities/shelters that house and feed the homeless and those down on their luck. Twisted wrong lifting a box of lettuce out of my El Camino. Still hurting but slowly getting better.

I guess that's what I get for being a charitable volunteer type, eh?

slim38, belair and harpo1313 like this.
  8. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

No good deed goes unpunished.

9. Thanks for the update........

10. 392

I totally understand. I've had 2 shots and going back in a week. It's bearable now but before pain shooting down leg knee and foot. Hope all goes good.

11. chargin03

chargin03

Me too !

Vanness likes this.
  12. Best wishes for a quick recovery Jim. Back issues haunt many of us......hazards of the business I guess.

slim38 likes this.
  13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Hope you get better.
    Never been a fan of Physical therapy. Until I pinched a nerve in my shoulder/back.
    Constant sharp pain. Was talked into trying PT.
    It works!!

14. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

No good deed goes unpunished.

15. v8flat44

v8flat44

Bubba & others with back pain; Chiropractic and P T worked for me till stenosis got too severe. I see my Chiropractor monthly since major back surgery and am pain free. Works 4 me. mike

16. jkski

jkski

Get well and keep plugging along.Really hope you feel better soon.

17. 32Stoker

32Stoker

Hope you feel better soon Jim! Please call me at 646-217-9225 or pm me when you can. I would like to buy a YC275a Mallory with solid core wires and Rajah ends set-up from you. It will go in my 37 Ford Coupe with 49-53 dual carb flathead which currently has an MSD system. The car was hot rodded in the late 50's and has a 3/4 Millings cam. Photo of the engine bay from 1960 R&C magazine below. Thank you! Joseph

Kustorama-Richard-Flynn-1937-Ford-c.jpg

18. town sedan

town sedan

Glad to hear you're still at it! Don't go overboard and rest when you need it. As many others have said I feel your pain too. Best wishes from all us gearheads!
    -Dave

19. Get Better Sooon....You don't want to leave Terry in the shop alone :-o

20. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Terry and I make a pretty ragged crew for sure ! He does up parts and then hides them for job security, but i found his hidden candy supply this week. Its all gone now , must have been a mouse??? And you could make a movie on our daily conversation. We both think maybe we were fondled at one point in our lives we just can t remember when and who???

terry.jpg

Runnin shine, loudbang, pat59 and 2 others like this.
  21. I've had a few MRI's ...and I'm claustrophobic as hell....and I'm a husky fellow. Great stuff.

22. Yep, if you have stenosis, surgery is your only option. Worked great for me BUT you damn well better listen to the post-op advice; I have several friends who didn't and the second round under the knife didn't go as well....

warbird1 likes this.
  23. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Wish you luck with your back. Mine has just gone slowly downhill after 32 years in healthcare. NINE spinal surgeries; I blame it all on gravity. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

24. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hoping for the best with your back-not fun! At 74 mine has given me problems for years-climbing poles for a living kinda messed it up, then a head-on collision made it worse. Am very careful how and what I do now.

25. MotorCityDeuce

MotorCityDeuce

NINE!!! Holy Shit, I've had four and thats four too many. If you are suffering with back pain stay away from the knife if you can at all help it. Rest and Physical Therapy and quit picking up transmission and the like.

olscrounger and slim38 like this.
  26. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Sciatica sucks. Ive been dealing with it for 2 1/2 years. Anymore ive just learned to live with it. Stretching my back is about the only thing that helps me. Hang in there bud.

27. Sciatica in both legs and degenerative disc in 3 spots in my lower back.

WATCH OUT FOR PILL PUSHING DR.’S!!!

Was on high doses of oxy, 160 +++ mg a day 800 mg of gabapentan and another 800 of lyrica for 4 years!!

Went to another DR and am clean almost 4 years.

Chiropractor and physio therapy work wonders.

Fell off a 6 foot ladder at work on Wednesday......... not fun neither!

28. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Mine is feb 2nd , i had my doc give me a sedative to take before the MRI. I am a fat boy as well. Fat boys dont fit into the regular MRI machine , we have to have the big boy machine....

olscrounger likes this.
  29. Merlin13

Merlin13

Best wishes from Germany to you! Good life is more important than a lot of money!

Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady