Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fear & Loathing The Cold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 17, 2018.

1. 20180115_171830.jpg
    Me and dad droped off his 3rd member and transmission to be rebuilt at tue trans shop and this was sitting in the parking lot. We haven't got much to complain about when it comes to snow. It's cold for sure but I don't have to clean that up so I'm good. Lots of wood for the shop to burn yet all is good in Wisconsin!!

Attached Files:

2. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

Suck it up....buttercup!!!.... Mark

Attached Files:

Stogy, tb33anda3rd and flatheadpete like this.
  3. An hour to scrape a windshield? You're kidding right? :)

flatheadpete likes this.
  4. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

8459664473_9e011fae82_o_zps896ef23a.jpg

A good heater makes a big difference.

The stock heater in my f1 defrosts the worst ice and snow off the windshield in less than 15 minutes.

Guessing your truck has no heater being from the south?

Ford52PU, Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  5. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

never forget one winter, a bud and i were cruising down snow-packed lindbergh blvd. and here comes "the rich kid" in his t-bucket. he was wearing goggles and an old leather flyer's helmet!

6. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

7. Beau

Beau

I went to two different junk yards last week. -13° Saturday and -3° Sunday. I was sweating while pulling parts Sunday. I warmed to 5° and started snowing half way through. Just wonderful.

No such thing as bad weather. Just improper clothing.

Murphy32 and flatheadpete like this.
  8. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bought a new Ford van in Muskegon in '95, pan rusted through. Dealer said the cause was Ford used a bunch of Japanese steel with a high sulfur content. Didn't react real well with Michigan road salt. Had over 200 cases like that on the west side of the state.

9. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

It was 29 and we still went for a ride. Was not pissing rain. 2up.jpg

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  10. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

It was 38 degrees in the back bedroom this morning, 34 a couple of mornings ago.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  11. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Over 100" of snow annually here in Rochester, NY. No complaints from me. I'll take it. No mudslides, droughts, fires, earthquakes, floods, water shortages, traffic, transients. I just crank up the heater 30 min before I go in the garage. It's all good.:)

12. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

oh I forgot to add, no "dry heat" or swamp ass either.;)

USMercUte and chiro like this.
  13. Squablow

Squablow

snowjob_0817.JPG

When I bought my house, it had no toilets. Turns out the previous owners left and did not drain out the plumbing, so over the winter the water in the toilets froze and the toilets exploded. Up here, municipal water towers are often heated so they don't freeze solid, hate to have a 900,000 gallon, perfectly round ice cube fall off of a 100 foot perch onto the houses below.

crashfarmer and Stogy like this.
  14. Ryan...if I was you I'd be SOooooooo pissed right now! You moved from that icebox Kansas City to be warm in Austin.....took a lot of $$$ to move the family down there, buy a house, move your entire operation to Austin to be warm in the winter.....and not just plain Austin......you invested in D.S. to get the hell away from the hustle and bustle and it's COLD!
    I'd move to Uruguay or Cuba...somewhere warm.

Tman likes this.

15. Here it is the day Tuck and I went visiting in my neighborhood in the snow
    Uh-oh...my piece-a-shit computer ate that photo so I'll post my old 41 Pontiac on a snow day in Omaha.
    41poncho12snow.jpg

crashfarmer and Tim like this.
  16. topher5150

topher5150

I got my snowblower running, and my coveralls to keep me warm no complaints.
    I was stalking some friends from North Carolina on Facebook, it looked like there was about an inch or two of snow, and the way people were commenting you'd think it was the first sign of the second coming

pat59 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  17. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

The coldest I've seen and been out in is -71 and it was 28 above inside after I let the woodstove go cold over night.Propane boils at -44.I've had to drain the leaking hose on a propane truck into a bucket ...where it stayed without evaporating.I've seen it so cold that a tubeless tire would not adhere to the steel rim.Used to be the molecular structure of rubber belts was pretty poor. There used to be belts laying in the intersections because they were too stiff to go around the pulleys.That thing you've all seen on youtube where you throw a pot of boiling water into the frigid air and pops and steams away...that's no joke.
    Yes, it's true we all live where we do by choice.But,you'll never hear me complain when it gets too warm where I live.

Stogy and Squablow like this.
  18. klharper

klharper
    from Mebane NC

I am in central NC and we got a foot of snow today, and yes it sucks. I don't know how to operate a snow blower and I have only ever seen one in person many years ago. I have no desire to learn how to operate one and I hope this crap melts quickly. I don't even own a snow shovel
    Sunday is supposed to be in the 60's and I can't wait.

Sent from my VS987 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bruce Fischer, pat59 and carolinakid like this.
  19. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

The one I have never been able to figure out is Atlanta. Two inches of snow will shut the town down for a week. I've heard the arguments about lack of snow removal equipment, but half the population is ex-pat yankees. Surely not all of them have forgotten how to drive when the weather goes bad.

20. Roys40

Roys40

21. You know how that humidity is

Sent from my A521L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

pat59 likes this.
  22. J.L.B.

J.L.B.

Im here in Massachusetts and I wont pick on ya for not liking the cold. If it wasnt foe family and friends Id be south tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Yeah in Dec my flight from Panama City to Atlanta was cancelled because of snow. 2 days later I was able to fly home.

Sent from my A521L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. AlaskanMatt

AlaskanMatt

[​IMG]

On BLM land outside Killdeer, North Dakota.

Greeting from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska.

play hard, drive fast

25. Damn 80's here........I WANT COLD.....I'm really happy when I can wear a sweatshirt in the garage 50's would be good for me. Hoping to move in 8-9 years to colder weather.

26. southcross2631

southcross2631

It's 27 degrees here in sunny Florida this morning.

27. I am looking forward to a California Winter in 7 days, beats the 100-110ºF temps we have had in the last few weeks.

Doane.
    jpb-1932-roady-40s-005-crop.jpg

28. henryj429

henryj429

Cold as hell in the great white North as usual. Great snow for snowmobiling, though! bad![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

crashfarmer likes this.
  29. Man, I could use a couple inches of that white frosty stuff- it was 42 C here today (107F), I went out to the shed to do some wrenching, but lasted about an hour. I came back inside, fired up the 'puter, and am cooling off just looking at these pics! I thought we had snow here once, but I then realised it was just a post card stuck to the fridge!

tb33anda3rd likes this.