Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What to do with my free 34 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junk yard kid, Jan 16, 2018.

1. NWRacing

NWRacing

If you weren't on the opposite coast I'd be tempted to make you an offer on it (Always need one more project right?) but I'm sure getting it here would cost more than it's worth

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. IronTrap

IronTrap

Cut it in half and paint up one side and hang in your shop. Good wall art.

Poh likes this.
  3. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Hell.....I'd take it. And maybe even smile driving it.

4. rjones35

rjones35

Craigslist. Somebody will want a cheap body they can chop up and make some kind of roadster thing out of or something. And for free, you can sell it for anything and make a little. Keep what you want and sell the rest.

AHotRod likes this.
  5. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Buy a older altered/ FED roller. Cut it to fit like a comp coupe. Run the Crap out of it - then you don't have to worry about messing it up.. Or ship it to me . Ill find something to do with it.:rolleyes:

6. A Boner

A Boner

^^^^^
    Sell it to someone in the rust belt so they can do this!
    Or deliver it to me and I'll pay for your round trip vacation.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd think it looks like a great candidate for someone to take the sawzall to and have a body shell for a coupe to run at the lakes or Bonneville.
    Maybe even a rig you can photobomb the Bones brigade with if you aren't a racer. Track nose and a few hand shaped pieces and you have a fenderless coupe that you can drive the hell out of and not worry about it loosing value. And for sure no worry about pissing someone off because you cut up an original car.
    Or body swap to some mini truck 4x4 chassis with a solid axle and cause a commotion with it at a cruise night.
    Outside of using the basic shell for a race car I see the fun in this one as being a candidate for something that isn't going to be a real hot rod or even a street rod.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  8. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

So at the windows, they need to be cut out the body like a puzzle piece?
    What tool would you use?

Fix it, p aint it, & sell it. Put the least amount of money in it, don't worry about a frame.

Or.
    Keep it for enjoyment, shoot you got it for free, looks like it would be fast because it's so light.
    How much do these things weigh and how much would a steel body comparably weigh.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. yes, you have to cut out for the glass
    I have seen a few glass bodies do this
    I have even had steel QTRs and door skins that were like this

10. I'm thinking the fit/hinge-ing of the doors would scare most people off. If you hung the doors, put on a coat of black primer and made it sit better, you might get a fair price for it. Then you'd have extra cash for other projects or the kids.

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’d cut the fenders off and glass in some glass or metal fender wells on the back. Metal firewall. Do something with that tail pan...

Fab up some sort of track nose and a hood.

Yeah I’d build it and and then laugh at all the purest talking about how cool it is and tell them it’s a Street beast i got for free ;)

chryslerfan55 and skipstitch like this.
  12. rdscotty

rdscotty
    from red deer

Donate to a school??

JimSibley, RaginPin3Appl3 and slim38 like this.
  13. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Free? I'd clean the Black mold off it, advertise it and use the money for something stupid. As a roller it's gotta be worth something to someone.

upspirate likes this.
  14. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Thanks for the pictures. What a great deal. I agree with everyone about the Street Beasts.....but what a great chance to build a fun, radical project that you would not normally try. Bonneville coupe, lots of engine setback, cheap or free parts. Did any paperwork or a title come with the package? It's probably worth more than you think. Gary

15. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I am curious of worth. It came with no paper work, hell i dont even know if it has any numbers on it. It came with a group of cars from a dealer. All had non reversible junked papers, only to be sold off as parts, not whole cars. The guy that gave it to me told me it cant be registered. I know there are ways around this but dont want to get the guy that gave it to me in trouble. So i gotta check the frame i guess. This makes it hard to sell the whole thing or donate it to a school. I just dont have the time or energy to build a race car or even a shitty car.

Besides as soon as i get it home im taking out the currie 9 inch. Thatll be in free parts pile for a good car i can build.

Fitting doors and working on fiberglass is a big buzz kill for me on it. My kids dont need the money but if i could get enough for the body, might get them something cool. I was thinking of painting it and just setting the body on the ground and letting them climb on and in it. I just really dont want to spend too much time on it. Its ugly and wont ever be worth much.

Where do you guys get all this time? There isnt anyway to build this thing cheep anyways. Anyone seen a cheap 34 grill around? or radiator? This thing would require massive amounts of work.

I really wanted yard art and creative ideas.

16. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

It's amazing how many of those done up in gold chainer style will win peoples choice and awards like that at the small town shows around here!

anthony myrick likes this.
  17. glrbird

glrbird

Make a PVC frame, glue the doors on and put Santa in it for Christmas decorations. Wont rust!

59Apachegail likes this.
  18. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Maybe you can find someone will to trade what you don't want from it for a cool GoKart or something like that that you could give to your kids that they can have fun with!

19. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just an fyi there is a guy selling this on the local craigslist. He is asking $12.5K. It is supposed to have everything except the interior. Also supposed to have the MSO with it.

00r0r_3pD9NMTaunm_600x450.jpg

20. upspirate

upspirate

Squirrel could build something off the wall cool out of it !

21. sell it to someone that looks like this
    andrew-dice-clay-half-price-shows-6-350.jpg

22. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

dog house is the way to go

23. ...actually the pics don't look as bad as I remembere'd them...

24. kasselyn29

kasselyn29

If it was free I would build it no problem, who knows there could def. be some fun to be had.

25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I dont get it, I thought guys here could make a silk purse out of a sows ear.....
    A salvage yard guy gives it away to someone but the guy who gets it doesnt really want it either???:D
    You could pass it on to someone deserving a chance,who would appreciate and build it.

26. upspirate

upspirate

Offer it up to a young gun with no money like that mopar build

oldrelics and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

You said your self, donate to a school.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

oldrelics likes this.
  28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

How much work would it be to make it safe for the kids?
    Snag what you want out of it then put it up for auction. ;)
    In Mo. you can't get a title for a car like that but you have to have receipt for all the parts.

29. Wrench666

Wrench666

Shit if I was a lot closer I’d take it off your hands.

30. chubbie

chubbie

Wana double your money..

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.