Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What to do with my free 34 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junk yard kid, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Had a guy bring a glass 32 he just purchased to a friend of mines shop. Wanted him to change the color. Was real proud how rust free it was. He had no clue that it was glass or that they even existed. Even thought the 350 was "original". I guess these were the average street beast customer

chryslerfan55 and XxMikexX like this.
  2. Gman0046

Gman0046

The best thing it could be used for would be an OUT HOUSE.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. A Boner

A Boner

If it's not B.S. Show us a pic.

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I'd take it for free if somebody offered one to me. I'd figure out some way to make it presentable. They sell fiberglass and resin everyday....

raven likes this.
  5. williebill

williebill

Good thing it's missing the grille...
    That's one of its ugliest features.

Atwater Mike and upspirate like this.
  6. sswagon

sswagon
    from KCMO

The lights on thats awesome

7. Eh-Bone

Eh-Bone

Well...I tried to see how old you are “Kid” before I shared my vision, but your age either its not on your page or I just don’t know the right place to be looking(50/50 chance lol). Anyways I’m thinking cut it all up and scale it way down “via the eyeball test” and give it to your kid/grandkid to play around with....

8. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

slice it up and make wall hangers out of it, somebody will buy them.

9. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Make a grille out of Rebar. And the doors from Corrugated Iron.
    Paint it "Faux Rust" and put a row of spikes down the centre of the Roof
    Don't forget the "Skull gear knob"

And for the crowning glory , repower it with a Chevy 6.2 Diesel and Auto [they're almost free]
    Turn the fuel screw up on the Stanadyne pump so it throws out black smoke from every orifice in the poor engine

The "Rattus norvegicus Rod" fraternity will cream their jeans over it [see I didn't use the R** R** word]
    you'll probably get $50K for it on "Fleebay"

10. Anyone remember the 1970s Glassic model A roadster body from Florida. They were one piece fender and body as well.

upspirate likes this.
  11. I like the idea of wall art too

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Poh likes this.
  12. NWRacing

NWRacing

It would make a cool race body

13. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

IMO... cut and scrap the fender package, try and sell the roof on dbay, find a pair of steel doors, cut the glass / tube subfloor, mold the glass door jams to match your doors... shorten the body,[ 5 window/ fordor doors are about 30" long at the beltline, 3 window/tudor doors are 6" longer]...
    It will now be a coupester or cabriolet, and it was for free, maybe a small rollbar that could help support the glass body shell... make it fun...
    I can see it now, you sitting near the car, couple model 40 guys walk up and start to pick it apart till you mention it was free, then their expression changes and they instantly start talking about what they like about it... cobbster 23 003.JPG
    '30 truck cowl, '31 tudor doors, '29 sportie quarters, la'salle cockpit combing, '30 cabbie above deck panel.... you could make something like this and on the cheap...HIH...

14. trey32

trey32

Sloppy Jalopies, what frame is that sitting on??

15. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

16. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When you mentioned boat, you might have hit the nail on the shank. Get a pair of pontoons under it, put some "Paddle" wheels on it so they spin when the thing moves through the water, and then sell the whole damn abortion to some redneck.

raven and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. ...glad there's no pics, hard to get that vision out of your head,...but...then again it's free.
    were the frames any good on those things?

18. Put it on a lifted Jeep chassis and add decals declaring it a "34×4"...it'll drive purists crazy from a distance.

19. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Was a '32 one ton truck... would have made a rugged frame and you wouldn't have needed to box it...SOLD

20. upspirate

upspirate

Those were a total pos as far as looks. I "got" to drive one with a sbf when I blew trans and rear at dragstrip on my '29.The guy had several cars and a tow truck in case he broke one.He didn't ,I did and I drove his Glassic while he towed my '29.....good thing it was at night! (actually the car drove well, just was ugly as shit)

34 GAZ likes this.
  21. It's my patented three-step process:

1) Get free body.
    2) Slap on some more free parts.
    3) Give to me.

Hell, I'll come get it. I'm not too proud to drive a piece of junk.. even better when I tell people it's free. (I drove a clapped out free BMW for 3 years.)

22. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I'd say race car body, but would still require some fiberglass work. No good for a body buck to build a metal car as the proportions are slightly off. Can usually spot the streetbeast a mile away as something always look off on them.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I’m from the snow/rust belt. I always wanted to paint one of those up to match the California Kid and use it as a YEAR ROUND beater! Let it get caked with salt and slop and watch people freak out until the realization that it’s just a shitty street beast kit car!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

25. upspirate

upspirate

Still better than a Prius or RR :rolleyes::confused:o_O

czuch, Fern 54, 59Apachegail and 4 others like this.
  26. trey32

trey32

I would put that thing on a stainless steel frame and drive it all winter through the snow and salt, but I live in the shitty Midwest

27. NWRacing

NWRacing

Blown BBC or Hemi, narrowed 9", a good 'glide and a moly cage and you're racing

28. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Well i already have 5 hamb friendly running vehicles. Including a '31 and a 35, both coupes. I also have a cut down sport coupe project If im adding a 34 to the collection, i want a real one. Haveing a 2 year old and a 5 year old kids really takes up a lot of time. If it was a steel car i would make or find the time. But i got better things to do at this point in my life. Also there is no real winter here, so i dont need a winter beater hot rod, though i do like that idea.

29. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Also anyone doubting the shittiness of this body should google "Streetbeasts". It was a shaddy company that got in trouble for wire fraud and violating peoples free speech. Like someone said it only kinda resembles a 34 ford.

30. make it go and sell it to a gold chainer