Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What does this transmission adapter fit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark T, Jan 14, 2018.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wouldn't it bee a hoot if it were a manufacturing blem, fished out of a scrap pile!

squirrel likes this.
  2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, I see the common 6-bolt Chevy pattern, plus the 12-o'clock hole, sometimes used.

What I still cannot hammer into any pattern solidly are the two closest non-Chevy holes closest to the 12-o'clock hole, especially the one that is decidedly out of a symmetric pattern.

3. okay....I'll scan the big page of adapters when I get home.....

4. Mark T

Mark T

I'm trying to get a picture of the other side, hopefully that will help to identify it.

5. Sorry....there were 4 pages of adapters in the 1967 catalog - all for standard transmission's....what I posted is all I saw for automatic's.

6. Ericnova72

Ericnova72
    from Michigan

The small block 727 to Chevy engine looks right if you were to flip the adapter over....then those two non-symmetrical holes either side of the very top Chevy hole at the peak match the Chrysler pattern.....makes the bolts around the bottom section match up too.

Did anyone consider it might be LA Chrysler engine to GM TH340, TH400, or Powerglide??

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  7. squirrel

squirrel

really? I drew a blue line across the top two holes on the small block Mopar bellhousing, and across the two top holes on the adapter. They seem to be quite different distances apart, to me.

mopar trans bolt patterns.jpg

8. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

The starter area does really resemble a small block Chrysler application. Hmmm

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app