Register now to get rid of these ads!

The start of "the next leval" SpaceHerpie gets a face

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DIRTYT, Oct 28, 2005.

1. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

After messing around with conduit and other crap to try to make a grill surround for my chevy i decided to use a stock peice. Thanks to TP here on the hamb i have this 52 buick surround that will work perfect. The orig plan was to leave it chrome but after looking at some size issues i can see that im going to have to mold it on. No big deal most customs have a molded surround any way right. So this is the start of the new front end.

I just have it mocked up for right now. i have to figure out a hood latch and a few other things before i can bolt this sucker on (its potmetal so i cant weld it)Im hoping to have a tech on this for tech week. but well see how far along i get.

Let me know what you guys think. All so keep in mind the side peices will be cut down and put on to so it will wrap around the fenders. I allso added a pic of the "new" smooth back area of the chop;) :D

Thanks
    Bryan

Attached Files:

PotmetalB likes this.
  2. KCsledz

KCsledz

Great Stuff! The strongest medicine is no match for that communicable beast.

Just remember if ya keep playing with it its going to fall off!!! :D

3. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

It's starting to look, dare I say... nice!

4. Yea I'd say.....much nicer!! :)

5. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Get that center section to float in the middle and mold that upper right into the fenders. Very cool look. Are you going to run a bumper? Molding that in and not in the factory spot is pretty trick as well.

Damn the herpie sure is smooth now like some kind of mutant baby butt!

6. Mootz

Mootz

It looks like a sad catfish, in a good way.

Mootz

7. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

cool look, and I like it chromed but thats just me. Gives it that old handlebar mustache look!

8. Squablow

Squablow

I agree, I like it chromed much better, I think the car would look nice with at least a little chrome on it. Don't want it to look like an 80's Monochromatic deal.

Is that grille the accessory rear bumper guard from the early 50's Chevy? Some Lowrider BOMB guy is probably cryin' right now because he ain't got one. Makes a neat grille, though.

9. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Well it will stay chrome now. i like the chrome alot too. and since i cant weld the thing on it must stay that way. And that is a rear axxessory guard. i had a car that came with every guard they offerd. there were two for each bumper. sold the car saved all the guards. i have a shorter one like the one im using but i like the longer one better.

10. Looks Great! I like it chromed too!

11. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Looks good, will look good chromed or not.

12. That looks great, man!! I'm really digging that look.

Joel

13. PotmetalB

PotmetalB

Is the surround made of #potmetal?

14. This is a long dead 13 years old thread and the OP hasn't logged in in 4 years. HRP