Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Hod Rodding in the Snow (again)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Hod Rodding in the Snow (again)

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

AndersF and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. belair

belair

Some things never change. Thank goodness.

3. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

My Dad took me out and had me slide around. "No son of mine is not going to know how to drive in the snow."
    All the guys I grew up with did this sort of thing.

Some people frown on those who fool around in the snow, but they're always the first to end up in the ditch.

4. Though no snow or ice, it reminds me of another donut video...
    @bobbleed

kidcampbell71 and Ron Funkhouser like this.

5. Rand Man

Rand Man

Reminds me of high school in the late 1970’s. There were several long, cold winters in a row. We had to get our kicks somehow. Doughnut competitions happened a lot in my home town. What fun!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Thanks, they were FUN to watch! Back in 80's I drove the { LO UFO } as as our second car, and a daily driver. It was just a beater, and still is. It had a heater, and I even ran snow tires during in the winter. One day, the wife looked out our kitchen window, and saw me doing donuts on our pond.:eek: Boy was it FUN, to be young and stupid! ha,ha, RON....

7. Yep! Before I got my license, my mom took me out to the arena parking lot after a freezing rain storm and I proceeded to beat on her mini-van pretty good. My sister did a winter driving class with non-posi rear wheel pickup trucks. Good experience.

In high school, I had an AWD Subaru. Growing up in the country, there was lots of purposeful winter drifting and sliding. I carried a shovel in the trunk and had to dig myself out numerous times. Fond memories :)

Ron Funkhouser and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. Jimbo von Cartier

Jimbo von Cartier

9. Jimbo von Cartier

Jimbo von Cartier

Love it, Love it, Love it ! Can't wait to take the A Bone out in the next snow covering in the Dirty Jerz !
    Jimbo

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  10. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

11. I always tell my kids you have to be one with the snow. And they love it when drift into the church parking lot on Sunday morning right into a parking spot.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when there is snow outside it is cold. better to just stay inside and drink.

13. do you think they cut the film because the ford hit the street sign and they didn't want any evidence?

14. P1020007.JPG This is as close as I will ever get.

15. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hey Ryan that chevy without a clip is my old man "Cabbage" its actually a 51. Story goes someone ran a stop sign and hit him couple days before he was to leave for speed week in daytona. There wasnt time to fix it so they just took the clip off and drove it to daytona like that. Raced on the beach at night and outran everything there with 4 big guys in the backseat for traction! I believe that was the last year they actually ran the daytona race on the beach. I forget the year im sure someone else will remember

kidcampbell71 and Mac30 like this.
  16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

And I watched Cabbage drive many races at the Peach Bowl Speedway in Atlanta, GA in a bad ass Super Modified.

kidcampbell71 and robracer1 like this.
  17. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Lots of fun, that is!

18. no55mad

no55mad

Nothing like the smell of an old carburated motor in the cold air! IMG_0660.JPG

19. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

AMEN!!!!!

20. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Didn’t want to miss an opportunity.
    9EA2DF48-106A-4399-B532-C655CD35D076.jpeg

21. DdoubleD

DdoubleD
    from Michigan

We had a couple of inches of new power......couldn't resist the urge to drive my truck. Does nice donuts with the posi.

20180115_151917.jpg

22. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Last year my Sons both said it was cold outside. I told them "It's Pennsylvania Roadster Weather Kids!" With a few donuts in a parking lot they warmed right up. Making memories! image.jpg

tb33anda3rd likes this.