Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Best of #HAMB on Instagram 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Never mind

Fern 54 and leadfootloon like this.
  2. don daddyo

don daddyo

For the first time ,I've been on Instagram,because of the thread that Ryan has posted ...Atomic Industry...Lot's of kool pics about everything... Instagram is kool for pics without instruction,cause it's an album photos ,that's it...But the HAMB is for me the only place to get help ,ideas,social about this beautiful hobby of mine . I've got so much pics and threads saved from the Hamb, to help me get my cars put together...every time I get the chance to hit the Hamb.
    Don.

Duellym and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. I just started using IG last year after attending a metal shaping class by Baileigh that I found out about here on the hamb. Since then I'm on IG and all I follow is metal shaping, hotrod builders, CrossMembers,a lot of Hambers and the Boss of course:D. I've never been on Facebook or the others never logged in.

MMM1693 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. Last post for all the anti-clickers. Snapshots of an application program utilizing most of the newer phones photo gallery abilities. Ie : Instagram.

These guys are all HAMB'r's. Mike, Bass, Tardel, Evernham, and Eric Black. Oh and that Ryan guy. :)

Just picture flip books.

Screenshot_20180108-064247.jpg

Screenshot_20180108-064322.jpg Screenshot_20180108-065402.jpg Screenshot_20180108-065454.jpg Screenshot_20180108-065539.jpg
    Screenshot_20180108-071207.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Duellym, Fern 54 and Jimmy B like this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

All those photos and no text, useless IMO

6. :)

The text/comments are behind the pictures. The pictures are the showcase. The text is the backdrop.

Screenshot_20180113-013300.jpg

It's just different. More action caught, and shown. HAMB is novel with beer/coffee/whatever ..... with favorite slippers. Instagram is scratch and sniff, and maybe lick.

I dunno' ....

@cactus1 .... your cue. :)

7. While I rarely post on Facebook anymore,,other than some family stuff, I am on Instagram a lot.

To me a quick and easy way to check up on folks and see what they are up to. It's also a a great way to share my build updates or latest car-related adventures.

Here is a screen shot of my account @grays_garage. No food, no vacation shots, no memes, just car stuff.

Screenshot_20180113-085142.png

I have also scored some killer deals on parts and cars from some of the classified Instagram pages.

It doesn't replace the HAMB by any means, but is definitely a fun way to stay in touch with what happening with other car guys around the world.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. I just started Insto. and follow HAMB. Cool stuff.
    I also follow some artists who posted their art on the FAS in the past and present. I like to see what they're doing in the art world.
    I'm finding Insto. a little like Facebook, sometimes too much info. I care to know about some people. You get a feel who they really are than your original perception. I quit following when some go too ridiculous and unaware of those who are following.
    It's just me.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  9. I signed up on Instagram a while back. I followed a friend and that was it. I have a couple of followers ( not sure why)
    I posted a photo for my avatar from my computer, and today tried to figure out how to post more photos etc.. Well I found out that I cannot post photos from my desktop! WTF! you have to post from your Iphone or android, whatever the F&^%$% that is. I am still using a flip phone, I Know:eek:. I have no desire to text:mad: I guess if I want to not be an old fart I will need a smart phone. That Sucks!:( Looks like my wife may win. F&^%$ Instagramo_O

Robert J. Palmer and The37Kid like this.
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ There goes another $100.00 bucks a month. Best of luck.

Bob

11. Not from me! FPF

The37Kid likes this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid