Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Wiring source

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by AZguy, Jan 11, 2018.

1. AZguy

AZguy
    from Tucson, AZ

I’m going to start wiring my car and want to get good quality modern wiring. Does anyone have a source they have used where I can just order the gauge I need in spools?

I’m trying to avoid just cheap Chinese wiring from a local auto parts store or something.

2. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

3. Dave 39

Dave 39

4. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure it's still an option, but before I started buying "wiring kits" I purchased wire in spools from J.C. Whitney. Back then it was very good quality, and the best pricing around.

5. AZguy

AZguy
    from Tucson, AZ

Thanks guys I’ll check those out

6. evintho

evintho

7. Rebel wire sells prelabled wire if you would consider that route. Takes some time to estimate routing and length but might be another option. Rebel is one of our vendors listed in the vendor section.

8. 3quarter32

3quarter32

9. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Try a website that sells marine electrical wire, and components. I can't recall the vendor I purchased from, but most offer wire with flame resistant insulation, tinned copper strands for corrosion resistance, multistrand construction for better flexibility, and a good selection of wire gauges. Sorry I cannot recall the vendor I used, but it was too long ago, and I'm an old fart. But the wire I purchased was excellent quality.

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. rmorris

rmorris

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

Do yourself a favor and order an American Autowire Highway 15 kit.... it'll save you time and headaches.

You can order one from Cappshotrods.com he's a hamber and turned me onto them, we've bought 5 of them so far.

upspirate likes this.
  13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ooof. Yeah, that got right past me, and is a really good point. So much for answering the question directly.

Yes, absolutely, if you are wiring a whole car, or somewhere close to it, a pre-made generic harness and fuse block is the way to go. So much easier than any other way.

We used to do one car, sans interior, inside of one business day.

upspirate likes this.
  14. grower54

grower54

Im in the process of installing an American Autowire Hwy 22 kit in my '54 Mercury. So far, very impressed. Looks like great quality and very well thought out.

15. rosstom

rosstom

I usually buy from waytec and delcity.