Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Best of #HAMB on Instagram 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Best of #HAMB on Instagram 2017

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Tim, Hotdoggin DaddyO, HEMI32 and 3 others like this.
  2. may have to check into this new "instagram" technology

3. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I like instagram also. Its just like a big photo album. Lots less politics and bullshit that Facebook. I follow almost all hot rod guys on there and a few friends. I like the #hamb too. There are some fantastic pics on there. I am @1929binger on there if anybody wants to check the junk I post.

Leadsled52 and Jimmy B like this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Real talk... I don't use facebook. I find facebook to be a cesspool of narcissism and vanity. Not to mention the privacy concerns... It's just not for me.

I don't know that instagram is much better. I have an account and use it fairly regularly, but I do so with my nose pinched. And like most, I use it purely as a vanity tool. Hell, I'm so bad that I rarely browse and only post my own stuff. If you looked at my feed, you would think that I have the perfect life. That bothers me... but not enough to change anything.

I see myself eventually closing every social media account I have, becoming an online hermit, and running for the hills someday. It seems so romantic to me not to have constant access to other's moulded and directed lives... or to be posting my own.

That all being said, here's my top 9 from this year:

top9.jpg

Obviously, I post mostly old car shit... I do, on occasion, post family stuff... and when I do, I typically loose a few hundred followers and get nasty private messages from people that don't approve. That's the world we live in. And that's why I prefer staying away from that shit.

Man, I'm old...

5. No FB or IG for me,I don't care what you had for lunch or if you have a damn cat.

I'll stick with the Hamb & the '54 Ford Club of America. HRP

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    ct1932ford, vtwhead, Fern 54 and 9 others like this.
  6. I don't think I'm following you all on instagram. I'll have to remedy that. Lots of good builds going on there also.

7. I'd like to but, I don't need to go through another social media learning curve.

John Starr likes this.
  8. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I recently signed up on Instagram a couple months ago, still trying to figure it out. At first you start following people, so you have something in your feed, but nobody knows you, so you post something and nobody notices. Slowly people start following you, if you have something worthwhile for them to see. I didn't get the # thing at all, and just recently have been adding some, but have not used #HAMB yet, I'll have to start doing that on the right posts. Actually, all of my posts are HAMB style rods, so why not? Check out my page at gasnchrome, I've got some nice pics/videos posted.

9. My two post on facebook were "God, oh, god! what have I done? I have a facebook account!" 6 months later "This is my second post on facebook. Todays sign the end is near!" Then it took twenty minutes to kill the account.
    Hell with twitterbookfacepage. I'm still learning the HAMB!:D

John Starr and 29bowtie like this.
  10. Mine's empty. I lurk as I did here. Follow, and heart the cool shit. I dig it. Nobody needs to follow this guy. I'm fine voyeuring. I patch my car fix with it. Good smack, while this place is the thinking man's hangout. Nice to be well rounded.

Some of the best HAMB'rs have stellar IG accounts. Chrome, fab', jewelry. It's there. Some of the other best HAMB'rs need an IG to show off their skills in Technicolor. Amazing advertising. Harv' ... this is your callout. :)

11. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

I like Instagram, to me it’s like flicking through a magazine at a newsstand when you have a spare 5 minutes.
    The hamb is when you settle down for the evening and grab the novel.
    Both have their place.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  12. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell, I'm still trying to get this place figured out!

leadfootloon likes this.
  13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

After WWIII, people with social media accounts will be sent to labor camps.
    tinfoilhat.jpg

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  14. John Starr

John Starr

“Ping!” (Sound of the hammer hitting the nail right on the head)

Fern 54, Racer29 and crminal like this.
  15. My instagram is....... :D It is a way better platform than facebook for following builders and the regular joe in his home garage. Keeping up with what is being built is great and a lot easier to follow. All I ever post is photos from my collection, my illustrations and updates on my roadster.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    cactus1 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. gonzo

gonzo

People actually send you PMs complaining about pictures of your family? Man that is screwed up.

Tuck and kidcampbell71 like this.
  17. #1...I really don't have time for another time-sucking social media "trick of the month" forum. What's the next one going to be?
    #2....I don't mind the chaos and noise of the HAMB, in fact I enjoy it immensly.

Malcolm, Fordor Ron and Tman like this.
  18. In the past 6 months I got rid of all social media. No Facebook, Instagram, or any of that stuff. I must say I’m happier with out.

Malcolm and TagMan like this.
  19. IG is just a flip book guys. Its not truly a social forum that you see here, or FB. Just want pictures ? Open, and flip/swipe. One minute update, some more .... some less.

Is it better ? Is it worse ? Neither, both, maybe, yes, and no. Its just different.

Here, I hit the like button. Some of the best threads NEVER stay focused, with yik yak veering it from its tracks. Sometimes not so good. I like the "like" button. Supports the thread, without my 2 cents piling onto the commentary. Pictures rule. Info that helps, rule.

IG can be picture only. For those that like the "oh" and "ah", of picture albums, you'll dig the browse. If you want to yik yak and comment, go ahead, you'll have to hit the see comments button, to do that though, really.

I'm here on the HAMB reading for hours on end. IG is a one minute quickie, daily, maybe once or twice. It just adds some sass to what I like here. If interested, check it out. You'll probably dig it. Bunch of HAMB'rs on it. Just another venue to see "cool".

There is nothing like the HAMB. Never will be. Its the best collection of builds, and knowledge of automotive there is. You won't be cheating on the HAMB by adding to your hot rod and custom arsenal. Pictures f#cking rule.

These guys look familiar ? >>>

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbSz1vCACIb/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaNkC0aBxXy/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ6cVyhA_Qs/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb7JbQonJGS/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BddLvqflUVR/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbcvcvohNjw/

Just pictures. HAMB'r's on point. Fun tool, in the HAMB lunch box. Enjoy. ( hopefully )

Edited to add IG links.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    arkiehotrods and thommoina33 like this.
  20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Explain this to me..............I'm reading this on the HAMB........................I need to go to ANOTHER PLACE to talk to people on the HAMB?.....................WTF is that all about?

Bob

21. Never mind.....

kidcampbell71, Tman and K13 like this.
  22. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

@slickwillycustoms

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  23. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

@The37Kid I find more Hamb content in the form of build progress, tips and tricks, event coverage and like minded hot rodders on IG than I do here on the HAMB anymore. Im not saying that to shit on this place, its just more folks are able to share those types of things on IG quicker and easier and more direct than to use the board here anymore I guess. Its the only "social media" I use other than this. Its basically just an online photo album you can share with other folks.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

cactus1 likes this.
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

I still haven't got a clue what "Ingram" is and why you and others what to crap on Ryan and the work he and his staff have done to give us loyal HAMB members the best website on the internet. Sorry for being a loyal old fart at 67. Bob

ct1932ford likes this.
  25. Instagram is my favorite. I use this site for technical information. I use Instagram for eye candy, communicating, and sometimes good deals on parts

leadfootloon and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Haaa nobody is shitting on the HAMB... some of you "old farts" are to damn stubborn for your own damn.... awww nevermind. @oldsoulstexas is where I share my stuff. Dont even have to argue w anyone over there, just sharing pictures.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Texas36 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  27. o_O o_O @The37Kid

Just because members here have accounts on other mediums like FB & IG doesn't make them disloyal to Ryan and what he has built with the HAMB. If anything it spreads awareness of the HAMB by helping to "spread the gospel of traditional Hot Rods and Kustoms to hoodlums worldwide…". People post to Instagram as it is an easy way to share photos from their phones (for instance I can look/post to IG & FB on my [POS] phone but can't look at the HAMB). Like what was said above Instagram is an online photo album, great to look at but short on information. HAMB will always be superior & have better overall content.

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  28. Duellym

Duellym

Facebook really does suck, instagram is a far better platform. I can only hope it has better privacy though it is also owned by the ZUCC

With that said as far as public social media sites go IG is by far the best imo.

Also insta will never take anything away from the Hamb as they're 2 completely different things, you can go way more in depth on here than you ever could on ig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. :)

The very first IG link I posted was Ryan's Instagram. Pretty sure I did, anyway. I don't remember now. Anyhoo' ......

Check it out. Just a click away from his page. You can look, and not be forced to play. Ryan is a ruler. All dominions.

30. Some here are far more tech savvy than me and have a wider variety of interest,I am a hot rodder and have been most of my life,I eat,sleep & dreams about early cars.

This site & the '54 Ford Club of America give me all the car fix I need.

If you want a FB or IG account,it's a free country and from what I can understand they are both free,but I haven't seen too many people wearing their T-Shirts .:D HRP

MMM1693 and The37Kid like this.