Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Resolutions & predictions for 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Prediction: In 2018 I will stay with my resolutions from the last few years and spend no money on unneccesary things like heating, food, insurance and invest every penny in booze ´n´beer , girls and cars....

Nope,just kidding, 1st I´ll try to stay fit and healthy, I´m really looking forward to finish my 34 build that is in the final stages and should be running and driving as soon as spring comes around the corner. I pry not to screw things up and ruin the fresh paint in the assembly process.
    Next in line is my girl´s 52 ´ burban... that thing is a mess, but it was cheap. And I told her that I could fix it... now, halfway through the build I´d honestly rather set it on fire than finish it... really, that thing is burning me out... not because it is too much work, but she has no funds to do it " right". Of course I´m charging zero for my work, but she doesn´t even have the funds to buy a few parts... so everything needs to be fixed no matter how bad things are and I really hate to fix things not the "right" but the cheap way... bondo and shitty metalwork that is... and that really takes the fun out of this build for me... She doesn´t care, she just wants it to drive well and look " patina´d" and "vintage" and "used"... I keep telling myself " that´s ok, it´s her´s" , but I still want to set it in fire... I hope I´ll figure out a way to change my view on this in 2018...anyone needs a halfway fixed 52 burban? She won´t notice it ( soon)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. gene-koning

gene-koning

My goals are to not make the same stupid mistakes I made in 2017. There are so many fresh stupid mistakes I will be making in 2018.

I'm looking forward to driving and taking small trips with my wife in the coupe this year. she has retired this year, so maybe...
    I'm also hoping I can get the 39 truck running so we can cruise in it as well. Gene

wicarnut and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. My goal is to still be alive at the end of the year.

4. My third resolution ( not that I’ll achieve it) is to give Linda Vaughn a big kiss.....on the cheek.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Sylmercury

Sylmercury

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

6. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Have you checked on the weather up there lately

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Yeah, I gave up on having a three way with her and Raquel Welch forty years ago...

8. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Goals for 2018:
    Finally drive my 55 Dodge Sedan.
    Get my 40 Chevy on the road.
    Clean the shop and add another roll up door.
    Make at least SOME progress on my other project cars.
    Find my wife a classic she will enjoy driving.
    Fingers crossed I'll get some of that done! lol

• NO MORE CAR PROJECTS! Big, little or otherwise. Sell one to buy one.
    • Unclog my shop. It's the 10 pounds in a 5 pound box shop, and I'm the worst offender.
    • Start my 1830 log cabin resurrection. Cabin stuff is taking up shop space.
    • Drive my 32 Tudor to All Deuce Run in June.

9. trollst

trollst

Thinking seriously of taking in speedweek at Bonneville, but having had heart issues, kinda worried to cross the line. Who else might go? I could meet some of you guys, it's a bucket list thing for me.

10. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Ron Funkhouser and chop job like this.
  11. JimSibley

JimSibley

Finish the 41 willys, run an 11.9 or better in the 32, and drive the big block 27 roadster

12. jp52

jp52

Stay sober. Get the chevy body on its new top secret non H.A.M.B. compliant chassis. Decide on v6 vs stovebolt.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. hotrodman303

hotrodman303

14. I promised Scoop I'd have my coupe running for the HAMB drags this year and we'll drive down together in our cars. Well, his car is a chevy pickup but that doesn't matter. scott_scoop_33pu.jpg scott_scoop_33PUback.jpg

15. topher5150

topher5150

Just keep plugging away at my 47 Ford coupe. Hopefully when insurance kicks in, and my wife finds a better job mine some funds will free up a lil

16. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I won't procrastinate but eat better and get fitter so I can finish my 46 Olds. It's been sitting for far too long with medical issues. It's time to put my past behind me and move forward. So far I've managed to pound out around 6-7,000 steps per day as part of my New Year's resolution. I do it at night when it's cooler, don't forget it's summer down here; 90 degrees (Day), 75 degrees (Night). Damn hard as if someone is forcing me to do it. I feel slightly better but a painful in the old joints however I'm saturated! :p:D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  17. Hell,thats no biggie,,I dreamed I was eating flannel cakes.woke up and my blanket was gone

Ron Funkhouser and mgtstumpy like this.
  18. RDE

RDE

To finish my boat barn project and get my Model A on the road and drive it to Maine. Mod A 4.jpg Boat Barn 6.JPG

19. I had a great 2017, survived the 2016 widow maker heart attack and physically I'm going well. Drove the Ford a lot, made some improvements to it. I have a new girl friend and she's pretty and just what I needed.

2018... I have to do work on the garage and house, been letting things slide too long. That will come first over the car. For the car, track down a couple of oil leaks, go over it to check and make sure everything is tight. Maybe shoot a coat of primer on the whole thing. The car is now very reliable and a blast to drive. For sure I'll make up a pair of Cal Trac bars, car has a wicked wheel hop on the 1-2 shift. Maybe get a pair of cheater slicks for it.