Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. t-rod

t-rod

That's fantastic! My Lancer's floors look a lot like that, I'm using this advice.

Bad decisions make good stories.

2. robertvalentine

robertvalentine
    from Texas

I’m wanting to put a ‘69 model 318 la motor and 904 transmission in my 56 Plymouth Belvedere.
    What motor mounts and transmission mounts do I need?
    I’d prefer Bolt-In mounts if possible!

3. ColDry

ColDry

Hi Mike - great to hear of another project in the works. Mines a 55 Desoto Diplomat Custom - which is basicslly the same as a Plymouth Belvedere except for the grille and headlight surrounds. Front end is all factory and I’ll be running a 23 inch mopar flathead six with 3 speed manual. I’ll upgrade the brakes with a booster and dual reservoir and lower it but otherwise stay pretty factory for a low buck, low and slow cruiser. Cheers, Colin!

4. Relax354

Relax354

Hey guys I am looking for a 56 2 door to hot rod in SoCal if anyone knows one for sale.

Brad

34 Plymouth Hemi likes this.
  5. Relax354

Relax354

Man not easy to find a 56 2 door these days

6. There's a nice one on Craigslist Dallas Tx.....I say that cause it's priced about right....I have one that's waiting for me to pull the engine....it would be fer sale....at some point.....my green one....has some rocker issues and floors aren't to solid 56 side (2).JPG

7. mike hutchison

mike hutchison

Hi; I know this is some-what late but I used to live in Joliet. also braidwood and willmington. graduated from high school there. I'm in texas now, and have a 55 dodge coronet 2dr with a 270 poly but am changing it to 88 5th ave 318 and trans. many many years ago I ordered a 69 rr convertible, got it in nov. 68.im ready to work on the dodge. have fun and be safe. mike

8. mike hutchison

mike hutchison

I know this is a late reply, but why is it a problem for you? I am like others here with motor swaps. I dont even have a garage. I have put lots of motors in lots of stuff never ment to go together. that's hot-rodding. but I have found that if you ask guys, who have done swaps, you can make your job easier. I don't know all the answers, cause I don't know all the questions.

9. mike hutchison

mike hutchison

thanks for answering; sounds great.i have a lot of body work to do. rust demons have gotten fed well. I am concidering a 89-90 dodge Dakota v6 truck front swap. gets me r&p steering, disc brakes, and makes it easier to drop in a v8(a 318 from a 89 5th ave ). brake booster and mc. if not that I will use spool mounts from the 89. I wish you the best of luck on your project, and best of luck to all of you folks down under. mike

10. Relax354

Relax354

Not too worried about rust on I can fabricate a new floor

11. Relax354 - there's a white one - looks kinda solid - like it was stored at some point in it's life.....there's a rusty'er looking one than mine....a little higher priced but has been on there for awhile.....mine's parked over at my storage place that caught fire almost a year ago....slowly moving stuff out after 40 years there....my 56 has a little - running - Red Ram in it and a three on the tree....it yard drives with the emergency brake....got lots of spare stuff for it....the right door is kinda the worst dent....

12. Relax354

Relax354

I did see that white one on craigslist. Like you said the price is right. Were you considerin selling yours?

13. Yes...it needs to go to some one - I too was going to build some kind of hot rod to go up against those tri 5's Chevy's....but I should concentrate on my 56 Fury with the same plan....you have any plans to come this way - maybe going to the Roundup in Austin ? IMG_20160803_200055 (1).jpg IMG_20160814_164140 (1).jpg

14. ...scratched this one out last nite,...
    art 2018 082.jpg

15. nice one Rusty....kinda my thoughts....with the RB motor you could run stock suspension I would think and fender wheel headers....or the straight axle.....going the stock suspension route with the Fury....

16. Relax354

Relax354

Stillrunners I am not familiar with the round up in Austin but it sounds like fun. Any info?

17. Relax354...hey it's kinda a big deal on this site....Ryan - the boss on here kinda puts it on....a pre 1965 event in Austin, Tx...in the month of April...usually about mid-month....folks from all over come down to it....I haven't been in awhile...you could do a search....don't worry to much about it....just be checking on shipping from 75233....unless you plan on driving out this way.....

18. Relax354

Relax354

Have a lead on a car I’m excited

JonnyZ72 likes this.
  19. Relax354

Relax354

found a 2 door Bel yellow and black! 35k original miles needs work but hopefully will have it in a week or 2

stillrunners likes this.
  20. great.....and you know we love pictures !

21. Relax354

Relax354

Just picked it up today pictures to follow. has a little rust. might need to make a new trunk pan.

22. ok...going on close to 24 hrs.....

23. Relax354

Relax354

Pics

Attached Files:

JonnyZ72 likes this.
  24. Wow....nice and - rare - a Belvedere in a 2 door post car....don't see that to often....have fun -really happy you found one close by and she looks really swell !

25. Relax354

Relax354

Have acquired a 383 for her now it’s getting checked at the machine shop. Plan is to stroke it to a 426W
    restoration will begin soon.

New to find Manual pedal assembly to convert to a 4 speed

26. Old Ray

Old Ray

Clutch pedal and under dash parts? If you are super stuck and cannot find one I have one in Canada. Big money, big shipping and big pain in the butt to find and ship. Keep looking. I am not motivated in the least. :)

27. Relax354

Relax354

Thanks for the info. I have just started looking.

28. Kinda my plan with an early 383 block with 440 guts and fender wheel headers......don't think the clutch pedal is a big deal....kinda like the tri-5 chevies....think you just need the left side clutch side and spring.....keep in touch....

29. Relax354

Relax354

got some pedals from a fellow hamb member. I am looking over what I am thinking about doing during the restoration.

I noticed I dont have too much room for bigger tires in the back. I am considering asking my chassis builder if he can narrow the rear part of my frame. maybe go coil overs in the rear

Anyone ever done this modification?

30. Check out the SEMA built 1955 hardtop......