Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects #updated!#I will never order from U.K. again!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Jan 2, 2018.

1. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I wanted some brake line clips but I wanted something small and inconspicuous so cruising around the net I found some used on high end European luxury cars. I like the looks and style, so I found a vendor on ebay who has them. Ordered as he had good feedback and they shipped within 48 hrs. Cool! I should have them somewhat quick!

They sent tracking number and I followed it for a couple days thru the country side and then it hit Heathrow airport, or as I later found out, the black hole of shipping. 3 weeks and nothing, tracking number at Heathrow says ups has it and ups says no they don't. I've read reviews of stuff missing 7, 8 months and longer.

So no more orders from the U.K. for me and hopefully someday soon I'll get my clips....

2. How about an import junk yard in the US?Bound to be several.

3. There's a number of hotrod hardware suppliers you'd think one of them would have something you could use. Here's a pic of what came on my frame. Are they small enough? 002.JPG Call around.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. southcross2631

southcross2631

I ordered a v.i.n. plate for my Morris Minor from the U.K. and got it in about 3 weeks.

5. alchemy

alchemy

Can't beat good ol' American-made Edel clamps.

If you need vintage English parts, call the guys at Moss Motors.

6. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never use UPS because of this kind of bull****

7. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Hey mate! I've ordered stuff from the Poms [UK] before and found them to be great service.
    They usually have a bit of common sense with packaging.
    Whereas in the USA if you ordered a "gear knob" it would show up in a 18" x 18" box packed with Styrofoam chips [and you pay for the shipping]

Have you contacted the Vendor and let him know that the shipping company hasn't delivered them "in due diligence" ,so can they file a claim [under British postal laws, the shipping company represents the sender, so the onus is on them]

8. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

If you bought the clips from an eBay vendor and the parts haven't been delivered, you should be able to get your payment refunded by eBay if all else fails.

I buy lots of parts from the USA, unfortunately, stuff does sometimes take weeks rather than days to arrive.

9. Who did you order them from?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

10. So how about a pic of these clips

11. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Going through this same thing now, ebay vendor says it's due to weather conditions.

12. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I thought I'd wait until the end of the week to see if anything moves, with the holidays I thought I'd give them the benefit of a doubt.

Here's a pic. Drill a hole, the clamp pops into the hole and push it in to lock it in place.

Attached Files:

bct likes this.
  13. Nothing special about them. I can go to Demon Tweeks near my office and pick them up. Let me know if you don't get them and I will send you some

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

kidcampbell71, belair and LOST ANGEL like this.
  14. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

I recently bought something in the U.S, vendor was great to deal with, valued the goods at $100 on the shipping docs. UPS on the other hand decided to value it at $400, and I got stung big time on import duty. Your problem maybe UPS.

15. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

hey lostone ive got hundreds of those in a draw,never use them.how many do you want.there free.pm your address and ill post them,free also.think ive got green and black.ps I'm in the uk.phil.

16. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

They look like BMW hard line clips [for holding brake lines to the frame]
    An old shitter BMW should cheaper than the postage :D

17. 5window

5window

I think your thread title should be "I'll Never Order From Ebay Again". Nothing wrong with your supplier, they got shipped. They could have gotten stuck at Heathrow, or they could have gotten stuck in Newark. If you'd posted here first, look how many suggestions and offers you got.

Baumi on post #6, you're on the wrong thread. Nobody's blaming UPS here. Any shipper could have run into the same problem.
    Mike Colemire, post 11, I don't know how things are in KY, but you may have noticed the weather in the mid-west and the northeast is not exactly conducive to getting out to the post office. Folks don't have heat or power in many locations and the roads aren't all really clear. I don't know where you Ebay vendor is located, but he might well be telling the truth and you might consider giving him a bit of a break. Just sayin'.

belair and Hnstray like this.
  18. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

The thing with overseas shipping is that the tracking number is only good until it hits customs and the U.S. shipper receives the item because the tracking number is only for the country of origin. The tracking number kind of goes away. It might pick up at some point or the item could suddenly show up on your door step. It can take a while to clear customs.

19. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here, but it looks like you are blaming ebay. I don't see how they could be at fault, the transaction was completed flawlessly it appears to me. Perhaps the title should be, "Don't Trust International Shipping".

20. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I'm not blaming ebay or the vendor, at this point I'm not really blaming anybody. The problem at this point seems to be heathrow airport and after reading many posts of items being lost there for many months at a time and one thing all posts had in common was the shipping center at heathrow has zero customer service help. As far as ebay I have no problem there with over 550 buys there and only been burnt twice.

and to the other gents Thank You all for the offers!! its greatly appreciated !! and I may take one of you up on the offer next weekend if by Friday nothing is resolved. BTW there is a tracking number that reverts to usps once it hits our shores.

Again thank you guys for the offers, your generosity is overwhelming ;)

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well don't feel too bad, I ordered a park light for my 77 Chev truck out of Lebanon Oregon from what is supposed to be a reputable dealer on Dec 8 finally got a notice that they had prepared it to ship on the 29th and this is the second and the tracking number says it is still sitting in their shipping bin. No back order notice and no we are headed for a three week vacation notice.

22. uncle buck

uncle buck

A few years ago I sold a 36 cowl vent lid to a guy about 300 miles away. I was traveling near his town and thought I would drop it in the mail on my fuel stop in Salem, which was about 20 miles from him. I continued my way on to California for my vacation for a week and got home to find several emails from him mad about not receiving it yet and accusing me of ripping him off. I emailed a copy of my post office receipt showing him I shipped it from a post office near his town the day after he bought it thinking he would get it sooner and have less chance of damage. It took 2 weeks to get the 20 miles to him. He was still mad at me.
    Sometimes you just can’t win when shipping stuff

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

kidcampbell71 and pat59 like this.

23. Very high winds in the UK for the next couple of days so flights may be delayed. Did you buy these from Car Builder Solutions? If so they are good guys and will reship the order if it is lost.

24. southcross2631

southcross2631

Mailed a check to my son for a present for my grandson 2 years ago. He still hasn't got it. It was 200 miles from here.

25. GeeRam

GeeRam

Yes, sadly Heathrow is the problem, or rather, it's not Heathrow that is the problem, its the logistics of the firms that use Heathrow that are the problem.
    Heathrow is geared up primarily for PAX, not freight, and none of the firms such as UPS, DHL etc are actually based on site at Heathrow, they are all off-site, so its not a problem with the airport as such, but the logistics of trying to integrate their ops into a limited service at the airport.
    I had a set of wheels sent from the USA many years ago into Heathrow (as I live local to it, so its the default option for air-freight) and it was a real PITA getting hold of them once the bloody things had arrived on the plane...... :rolleyes:

Elcohaulic likes this.
  26. alchemy

alchemy

Amen. You might be trying a tracking number that is not in use anymore. It looks like it is sitting at the last port, but might actually be moving in transit.

27. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Well my package showed up in New York last night! So only 30 days to go from Heathrow to new York. Must have used that slow boat to China company to cross the ocean, BUT the good news is it's in the country!

Now with the bad weather up north it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get here. May be that the Heathrow to new York will end up being the fastest part of the trek.

28. 5window

5window

Well, that's good news. It is indeed crap weather in the Northeast, but hopefully your package gets to you soon. I hope it lives up to your expectations. We ordered a kayak for a granddaughter at Christmas. The trucking company (nice folks on the phone) lost it?! A 10' boat. They found it in Columbus, OH and when it got here there was a big hole in one end. Refused delivery and they'll try again.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can count on the storm back there to slow things up a bit. I did get my package from Oregon yesterday. With a note that the item had been on backorder.

30. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

When I managed a business we closed at 6pm on Sat., A customer came to the door at 6:15, I told him to just mail it at the post office at the end of the strip mall, 6 doors down. I saw him put it in the mail box,
    we received it 10 days later. It was sent from the post office it was dropped at in Bridgeport CT to Hartford for sorting, had a Hartford postmark. Sometimes things happen that are out of anyones control.