Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Resolutions & predictions for 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 31, 2017.

1. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drive my cars more! Put quite a few miles on the sedan and enough on the coupe to know what I have to redo on it. Hopefully a build thread on the coupe. WTF, I lit my last Camel 17 years ago and still, after a meal I can sit back, close my eyes and hear the clicking sound of the old Zippo.

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Cruise in this thing with my dad, who helped me build it.

Attached Files:

3. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Resolution, spend money on the project wisely so I'm not broke all the time. Prediction: gonna be broke all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

49ratfink, HOTRODPRIMER and lewk like this.
  4. Since I have Been Fighting Depression for the Last Several Year's
    since my Son Passed away, I am doing Much Better
    and will Work on my Merc More this Year Then I Have Done in a Long Time

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Man, I second that. My goal (#1) is to get organized. Get my 2 car back to where I can walk through it and see more floor. I've got a rolling low boy tool drawer/chest and engine that can be rolled under a work bench. I've got some other seldom used bulky tools such as a Dayton spot welder on a stand that are taking up valuable floor space. I'm thinking I'll place the machines on casters and roll them out to the shed. I can retrieve them whenever I may need them for a day/weekend use.
    This also means getting any non car related stuff (such as home improvement stuff) out of the garage and into one of the 3 yard sheds....... But first, the yard sheds need to be cleaned out and organized (ugh!). My goal is to also get any extra car parts that don't have an immediate need out of the garage to free up work space. Most of my extra car parts are in one shed, so I'll move any non car items out of there to make room for the additional car parts. That shed will be dedicated solely for car parts. The other two sheds will be dedicated to household and Christmas items, kids stuff (bikes etc.) camping gear and yard tools, generator, etc. Lots of work and has to follow a certain order.

Other goal (#2) is to continue on preparing for retirement (5 years). I've been doing "heavy" work on the house and property last year+. Hardscaping and drought resistant/low maintenance plants (no more lawn mowing). Removing big, hazardous trees, new roofing, etc. while I'm still young enough to do it (age 57). I call them "never again" projects, because I'll never have to deal with them again (trees gone-no more annual trimming, 25 year roof, etc.).
    Pay down some bills. Trying to simplify things for myself for the future....

6. Lofty goals,it's apparent you have been thinking about this for a long time,I wish you all the luck & hope you succeed! :) HRP

7. e z i

e z i

Bacon!

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  8. Roll bar in the sedan and put a spool in the rear. Really want to put a heater in it also. Have had these goals for about 4 years now. We'll see what happens.
    Many house projects, hey it was built in '62. That fits the year requirement.

Sent from my A521L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. juan motime

juan motime
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's really funny !! Sure is an embarrassing picture of myself.

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. Resolutions & predictions- I never do either-

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Everything goes good with bacon,enjoy it and get the top put in that cool coupe of yours. HRP

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  12. e z i

e z i

Thank you sir, will do.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. As a lifelong resident of upstate NY, I’d rather move to Texas lol

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. My first resolution is to get rid of this [​IMG] my second resolution is to fix all of the bugs in this [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. 2018 will be a big one here. I’ve done a lot of damage in 2017 that I need to undo. First order is putting the family over work. I almost lost them in 2017, like minutes from divorce, we had the lawyers and everything. I’m making some work changes, getting out of management and work is going back to being a means to an end, not something that runs my life.

I’m finishing the renovation on the house and getting that squared away. On the car side of life, I’m getting rid of the normal daily and goin back to my roots. Driving cool shit no matter how impractical they may be. I’m gonna grab a project along the way, one of the many bucket list builds I have and start chopping away at it.

Basically 2018 is a return to normalcy for me and the family. Almost losing my wife, kids, dogs, house-one hell of an eye opener.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Racer29, trollst, pat59 and 5 others like this.
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Resolutions are so.........yesterday!

HOTRODPRIMER and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. Youth have your prioriies in order.
    Get well and get busy.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Good luck on getting that all resolved.....................priorities!

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  19. wicarnut

wicarnut

I have some, #1 Try to be a better person, #2 Keep plugin along, it's the only way I know. #3 travel some with my wife and enjoy life, #4 work on my Midget racer restoration, #5 Eat less, fat enough, #6 Win Lottery. Happy New year everyone !

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I myself dont make predictions or resolutions because its unrealistic. I,ll just do the best i can if it ends up being more than I wanted,then thats a bonus. There are too many forces or other factors to get in the way i have little control over and i have enough stress and responsibilities to be worried about what could be.
    I dont have any trouble at all being motivated. I have enough things to do in my shop to last 10+ years at this point.

21. Most people do make unrealistic resolutions,I prefer to keep them simple.

I just try to be a good person,compliment my wife more often, then again I should strive to do this day in and day out all year long.HRP

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  22. metalman

metalman

2018 is going to be a big year for me, major life changes. Divorce should be final in a couple weeks so making arrangements to move to small town in southern Colorado, been here in Albuquerque for 62 years so all that's a big change. Downsizing and slowing up on the shop, going back to being more a hobby then a job. Hope to finish my 41 pickup and actually be able to keep it, drive it instead of selling it as soon as it's done like I have with every other hot rod I've built in the last 7 years. At least I'm optimistic 18 is going to be better then the last few!

cretin and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

First- keep the better half happy.
    2nd, Stay healthy, 2 hernia surgery's last year was enough.
    3. Get my truck here and in the garage and get it registered, engine swapped, new brakes etc. May not get any cosmetics but get it street legal. Did I mention keep the better half happy- might be contradictory goal.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

I will be 75 this year and now I will start saving for my Grand kids inheritance instead of it all going to my hotrods. I forgot I need to get my engine done!

25. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Be stoked to get an engine in the coupe and get it started. Just changed tack on the engine to make things harder!

26. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Smoked a pipe for 40 yrs. Quit 3 yrs ago. Went to a vapor. A good alternative. At least you don’t take the tar and burning by products in your system. Dancing with the devil.

27. 392

image.jpeg Try to drive my ride for first time since starting redo 7 years ago. Won't be totally finished but a driver.

28. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YOU should probably contact the local suicide hotline, NOW, TODAY ! LOL

29. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Even though it is now legal, the POT farm you own should REALLY, REALLY be sold ! LOL

30. I quit smoking in October of 1974 (43 years ago). Several times a year I dream of smoking and wake up thinking that I had and feeling guilty until I realize it was a dream.