Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Best Exhaust Tubing Pipe Cutter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Jan 2, 2018.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

When you do a net search there's many diff. tubing cutters out there, any one have a favorite? Mainly looking for a cutter that will cut exhaust tubing, sometimes steering column pipe. Being able to cut square to tube is a plus! Thanks!

2. Ridgid Tool pipe cutter , i have a 2-1/8" and a 4"

plenty of used ones around....put a new cutting wheel on it and you are good for many cuts

3. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ellis band saw.

5. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

chop saw /mini grinder for scribing

6. gasser57!

gasser57!

Femi makes a great product. Kind of expensive, but I really like the one I purchased. Cleaner cuts than a chop saw too.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. squirrel

squirrel

I use several different tools for cutting exhaust tubing (and other tubing). Usually a chop saw, sometimes a hack saw, and if it's in the car and needs to be cut, I use a chain roller cutter

cutter.jpg

samurai mike, j-jock and sunbeam like this.
  8. 48jeep

48jeep

I used an Imperial- Eastman tubing cutter for years to cut thin wall ( up to .065 wall )Stainless Steel tubing . There were two different size cutter that were used depending on the diameter of the tube. It is important to use a hardened cutting wheel for stainless and don't force it otherwise you end up threading the tubing rather than cutting it. Another solution is to use a tubing vise with a guide for a hacksaw blade. The second solution is probably best unless you are in the field.

9. cshades

cshades
    from wi

we use a Rigid #30 cutter on our pipe bender in the shop. it cuts perfect straight and seems to last a long time between cutting wheel changes

10. For cutting out old pipe, I use the cutting torch or the Vise Grip tubing cutter, like Squirrel described.
    For fitting, I normally use a Rigid pipe cutter, and a cutting wheel for fitting pipes like the crossover.
    Bob