Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1947 ford car brake problem

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by willyschad, Dec 31, 2017.

1. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

im turning my 47 ford 2 door sedan into a hot rod that the whole family can drive. I've got a TH350 in it and I ordered a bolt in master cylinder and pedal assembly fron speedway. It's a total joke. Not even close to fitting what so ever. Does anyone know if there's something out there that will work? I still have the original pedal assembly. Does anyone know if there's adapters out there to put dual master onto it for disc/drum setup?

2. Chassis Engineering made an adapter to use a dual mustang master cylinder on `39-`48 brakes pedals....not sure if it is still available since their shutdown

3. topher5150

topher5150

there is still a bunch of CE stuff on ebay

4. 48ford

48ford

Will you do a swing peddle?
    I used one out of a bronco ll,what a great fit, a small angle on the front lip of the dash and it was in.
    I cut the bronco peddle off and welded the original peddle on, I think it was a 5/8" nut, maybe 1/2"

5. Chiss

Chiss
    from S.C.

If a Bronco ll works the Junk Yard has Plenty of Rangers...... Should be the same.

6. Ritzy1

Ritzy1

There are quite a few places that offer options depending on your setup. Posies, Pete and Jakes, and Engineered Components to name a few.

7. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

Thanks guys. I'll check them out

8. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

Thanks a lot! I was just at work today thinking there's gotta be something I could make up instead of spending all this money to buy adapters that may or may not work. So disappointed with the speedway setup!

9. sunbeam

sunbeam

10. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

We have a pedal and mount assembly for your 47. It will mount a booster and MC or just an MC. It is a bolt-in unit that fits where the original pedal assembly did. Check out our website. When you click on the catalog, everything will be listed on the lower left part of the page. You will need to scroll down to find what you need. We are working on our new site and should be up soon.