Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

Any updates on the whereabouts of this vehicle? Has HT built or worked on anything recently?

2. Dave hasn't been logged in since October of last year, with all the crap Dave and his family went through and all the expense of lawyers and court fees I'm afraid he may have lost interest. HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  3. MengesTwinCustoms

MengesTwinCustoms

what a story, just read it from the beginning...wow

4. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Poor bastard.

They even managed to screw him out of his hobby.

scotty t and turboroadster like this.
  5. wow! brutal thread, awesome car, fucked off ending.
    Good Luck to you and hope you come back to the HAMB and the hobby, your a hell of a builder!

tub1 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. KustomCandy

KustomCandy
    from Australia

Finished reading this thread from start to finish two days ago. What a brutal ending.
    It was a damn fine ride reading this Build non the less. But what a fucking act Dave suffered from greed and pure selflessness.

I too must have been lucky to see personally, the hand of that small % of lying cops, only out to score another credit to their name to walk up to rank and shit on an Innocent kid doing so! That was all a long time ago. I dont hate cops, But I sure as shit dont trust them. But this isnt about that anymore.

As for GRUNDY...... Fuck No! They rolled him over. Their is no two ways about it. What they did, was (Allow) is let there clients give information, leaving the door wide open for human error, or in a small percentage to take more then asked of. So, a file gets claimed, and they see a window to rub their hands clean and can lay blame back onto you!
    Its not fraudulent, No. But its a fucking dirty tactic.

If Dave has been burnt so bad that he is lost. I wouldn't blame him. It takes years to over come some heavy shit. You can put it behind you. But its never forgotten.
    I think he'll recover. Maybe not seen. Maybe he wants it that way. In time...

I wish him all the best.

7. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a Ford fan as well, my daughter is a little homely with a big round nose so I named her Edsel. (sorry, trying to break the tension here)

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  8. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, 'cause reporters never get anything wrong or only tell the story fed to them by the cops . . .

Until they turn up the car hidden someplace where this guy has access, I'm not gonna call him a thief.

'Cause without that car, all they have are their accusations and a bunch of paperwork the guy put together so he could get a title. I'd especially like to know how a hand written bill of sale can be "forged", and why a used engine that was acquired for free has no replacement value.

That's like saying that one F150 truck bought for MSRP is more valuable than another identical F150 bought during an "annual going out of business" sale.

On the list of people who get the benefit of the doubt, hotrodders are thirty steps higher up than cops, and clear at the other end from insurance adjusters.

thirtytwo, Arthur and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Thanks guys, I would love to build another car and get back into it but I lost so much and will be in dept for a long time. My family spent so much money on lawyers to keep me out of prison. I'm so grateful to my uncle and now late Grandfather helping me through it. The cops were so mean and unprofessional, I hate the fact we are guilty until we pay for our innocence. To think, if I had not insured it none of this would have happened. The wife and I had just got a house when this all went down. Now its sits empty for over 3 years because we don't have the money to finish the renovations I started. I will get it done someday. I'm no longer mad about it, I think everything happens for a reason, I have spent the last 3 years building a new business and it's starting to make money. You guys haven't seen the last of me. I am a hot rodder!

j hansen, das858, catdad49 and 11 others like this.
  10. clem

clem

Welcome back !

11. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

x2. Wish you success in your new business & look forward to an eventual new hot rod story by Hot Turkey.

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Very well said . Keep your head up H.T.

13. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

What a roller coaster ride---the perfect analogy----the highs---the lows-----just lacking the choice and the fun. I hope you can hold to your words---You haven't seen the last of me. Bill

14. godlemmy

godlemmy

just read through this whole thread, wow! wow as in what a build. wow as in what a shitty ending. I think we should all take a minute, sit back and think about what all went down here......... Now, think about how all of your cars are insured, titled, and documented. If you haven't your a fool and this could happen to you. Don't let what happened here go to waste. HT keep your head up, and thanks for the cool build and cautionary tale. and to your nesayers F@$# them all. If you are cremated you don't even need the 6.

15. Roys40

Roys40

I read it about a week ago beginning to end in one sitting. It is an awesome build. With a great family participation, and an extremely nightmarish end. I immediately made sure I was completely covered on all my vehicles. As I'm no lawyer I will be meeting with my insurer this week to make sure everything is signed and I have all my documents in order. Hot turkey I wish you the best and if you lived in mo. I would have helped I any way I could. I am sorry that this happened to you and your family, and if you and your daughter decide to build another car I would love to follow that build as well best of luck in the new year!

Paul s.

Sent from my K88 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Hessler

Hessler

17. Other than a similar colour there is almost nothing the same. It's not even the same body style.

18. The ebay one looks nice and is very reasonable price considering what it cost to build,btw,the one on ebay is a 5 window.

one.jpg

This was Daves car a 3 window.HRP

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I read the thread but may have missed some parts.
    He claims he wasn't convicted of a crime but got 3 years probation. Sounds like a conviction to me.
    Was he found guilty of. False insurance claim, stealing his own car, filing a false police report, or registering his car with a 32 title that didn't belong to the car?

20. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I went back to court and had the probation thrown out. I was not convicted of anything, the judge gave me withheld adjudication on titling a car wrong. I followed the DMV advice on how to go about it, they claimed I tried to say it was a real 32. I think this thread of the build proves I never tried to say it was real, but it did look good. I know this whole deal is hard to understand and it feels like you just dont have the whole story, but thats it. They came after me thinking it was insurance fraud and when they found out it wasnt, they covered thier asses.
    I am still looking for a new build, I have to build a better one this time.
    David

j hansen, charleyw, scotty t and 8 others like this.
  21. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

I sure hope you have a lot better luck this time!

22. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

best wishes with the new endeavor, hope it comes out as nice as this one was.

23. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

All states need to revamp there DMV to become friendly public servants. Helpful to our hobby, of building street legal older cars and trucks!

24. goldmountain

goldmountain

I just came across this story today and read through the whole thing. Since the whole build is documented and dated here, wouldn't that be enough to establish credibility with the insurance people? No honor among thieves with insurers? Turkey, you did an incredible build. In any case, I am indebted to you for telling your story since I hope to jump through the hoops with the DMV shortly. I've been told by fellow rodders to just pick a serial number from the production run that 'ol Henry did in 1926 and stamp it on my frame and chances it will pass since the chances the actual car it came on is no longer around. It never occured to me that if the car was stolen, what could happen. My prayers are with you.

25. nope not in Az .They titled mine as reconst. All original & titled 2dr sedan but I put a roadster body on it. I still run mechanical brakes & 6V.

26. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I suspect that would vary by state....

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  27. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Personally I think the build of this car was one of the best on here, the best build of a fiberglass car I have every seen. The legal stuff is a side show, the main event was the build, and I hope I see hot turkey
    back here with another build.

28. flynstone

flynstone

and no parts of the car have yet to surface, very sad would love to see the builder get his baby back...…

29. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

M

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

30. 50DropTop

50DropTop

Just read this entire thread....holy cow, I didn’t see that coming. Hot Turkey, sounds like things are on the mend. Best of luck to you and I look forward to seeing another build soon.

rodncustomdreams and j hansen like this.