Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I need a cot & conversation for overnight stays on epic road trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NVRRDUNN, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is cool. Looking forward to you sharing a whole bunch of stories and lots of pics of everything and everybody. Most of us would luuuuuv to do this kind of thing, but might not. But you're gonna take us with you.
    We're goin' on a road trip...

I'm 50 miles north of Detroit in the middle of the "thumb". I'll wave as you go by, NVRRDUNN.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    jim snow and NVRRDUNN like this.
  2. You're way east of where I'll be ...I'll be coming up on hwy 44 and on 55 east out of St Louis then I-70 east....Thanks for the offer though! Appreciate that very much...

3. I'm just a couple miles south of Omaha off I-80. Let me know your schedule if you think you might like to stay here...got an extra bedroom.

NVRRDUNN and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Thanks for the tip about Speedway museum...yeah, its right in my back yard where I'm staying!! If the Bones stop there, I will probably NOT stop enroute east.

Malcolm likes this.
  5. I'll be going south from York, and you are a ways out of the way on my route, but I still owe you a thank you for offering it up....very much appreciate the kindness!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. I plan to do a daily blog on my MissChiff Hot Rod page on Facebook and copy it to a new web page I have yet to develop.

7. Thanks for that kind offer...staying in Columbus Ohio that evening.

8. Yeah, you're out of route I'm taking but your offer and tips are much appreciated! I'll be traveling light, but have spares and I'll be attaching a small trunk/foot locker onto a cargo carrier I made to go into the hitch receiver to put all my clothes and what not's in. Sleeping bag in the trunk.

9. OH YEAH!!

10. Thanks, Red. Plan to leave about the middle of July and get home about the 20th of August...Plan to stop at the Speedway museum, Indy 500 museum, and whatever else strikes my fancy. Staying in Warsaw New York for a week to poke around regarding my genealogy and ancestors who settled there right after the Revolutionary War and its where my 4th great-grandfather and his family and his siblings are buried in a family plot there. I've always wanted to go there before I leave the planet, so this is my chance. I'm hoping that folks in car clubs in the towns where I plan to stay can refer me to someone who will let me stay overnight there....its a good way to meet other hot rodders along the way. I'll tell Sandy you said hi! I dont know if you had heard but she has cancer of the liver, bones, and lungs. Keep your prayers coming for her, if you are a praying sort of guy. I would appreciate it. And I really appreciate your comment here and your friendship through the years. Take care, my friend. (by the way, my coupe DOES have A/C and it blows nice and cold)

11. May be too close but when you leave Columbus if you're taking I 70 East I am in WV near Wheeling. You may need a rest.

NVRRDUNN likes this.
  12. brady1929

brady1929

Stay safe and enjoy your trip!

13. slowmotion

slowmotion

Welcome to bunk-up in the barn here for the night.
    Only one rule, keep yur hands off my daughter......:eek:

Have a good trip man, it'll be fun to follow along. :D

pitman, NVRRDUNN and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. NVRRDUNN likes this.
  15. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

stop at Ole's Big Game Lounge in Paxton, Ne about 150 mi west of York on I80...former owner was a big game hunter and has mounts & pictures of all his hunts, every kind on N America trophy you can imagine including a full-size polar bear and Africa trips. google it for info

NVRRDUNN likes this.
  16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

A place in NY that would be interesting is Glen H. Curtiss museum...www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org Route 54
    Hammondsport, NY ...Another in York Springs, PA.. http://www.emmr.org/ on Baltimore Road..In Baltimore, MD is a Train museum and an Industrial museum that are pretty good..

lothiandon1940 and NVRRDUNN like this.
  17. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I hope you have a great trip! May you always be safe, stay healthy and have the wind to your back !!

Good luck! & post pics!!

18. soooo.....exactly WHERE are you located in eastern Ohio??

lurker mick likes this.
  19. Those sound like GREAT stops alright but I'm afraid I wont have the time to play tourist. Hell, I'd need 6 months to see all that I'm interested in back there so I had to prioritize my stops...maybe a second trip is in order??

20. I do believe the Bones go to Paxton enroute to Bonneville....Thanks for that tip, Steve!

21. You GOTTA stop at exit 30 on I 70 in IL! Blue Springs Cafe. If not the best pie available, I sure would like to know where else. Home of the foot high pie.

Ben

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  22. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

If you have the need for a shop to do repairs I can provide help in Twin Falls and Pocatello Idaho...PM me if you need info...

23. caton462

caton462

We are on US 40 East of Terre Haute if you need a shop. Better traveling than I 70 and 4 lane as well.

24. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Passing by here?? Zoar Oh. ?
    Give me your schedule and I’ll bunk you up at my B&B. Mommy’s a good cook.

25. YOU'RE ON!!!! THANKS for your offer and generosity, my new friend!! Sure beats the heck out of staying in Columbus! I just have to drive a little further that day is all...which means LESS driving the next day....BONUS!! As I said, I'm in the planning stages at this point, but if the stars align and I hold my tongue in the right spot, I should be there on or about the evening of July 26, Thursday. BTW...my first car was a 37 ford coupe like in your avatar....BIG BIG soft spot in my heart for those! Cant wait to see it in person...send me a message on my profile page (or wherever they are put) with your contact info for later. Looking forward to mama's home cookin' too!! Steve.

Petejoe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. Thanks Ben.....that will be a good stop in the morning on my way outa St. Louis....and I'm a sucker for Pie! In fact whenever I go to a car event, it has become a tradition for us to seek out the best pie in that area or town....This FITS that tradition!

27. Don Nagel

Don Nagel

I am off I-80/94 in Northwest Indiana .... doors open if needed

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

28. Whats the name of your B&B?

29. walter

walter

Wichita Kansas here. You certainly would be welcome!
    Walter

LOU WELLS and NVRRDUNN like this.
  30. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio