Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The 394 B -32 ford 3W

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hotrodderhaag, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Somethings in the air I believe. I just saw this at a box store Mag rack
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

alfin32, Drylake, elgringo71 and 9 others like this.
  2. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

WHAT MAGAZINE IS THAT

loudbang likes this.
  3. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I think it was old skool Rods

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  4. 340 Power

340 Power
    from NW PA

Ol Skool Rods. March 2018 issue. Hop Up did a beautiful layout on it.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Throttledwife

Throttledwife

Hi Ben..as you can see i don't post on here much but iv just finished reading the article on the "Pale Rider" in HOP UP...when i came to the end and it said the car was totalled in a crash i couldn't believe it and had to look it up on here..i read the build up thread from start to finish and was totally impressed with quality of the build..well done fella for building such a bad ass looking and safe Hot Rod..!!! Your skills are what saved your life i recon..i will be returning here for up dates on the "new" Henry steel 3 window..keep plugging away..all the best mate..Tony..London England

6. IMG_2846.JPG IMG_2847.JPG IMG_2840.JPG Sam told me that you got the body.
    I'm glad that it is in good hands.
    It originally belonged to an old and dear friend who passed away a couple of years ago. If you want them, here are a couple more pics from when we dragged it out and moved it from Dexter's farm.

Outback, Tim, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  7. Such a rad car! Congrats on the article!

loudbang likes this.
  8. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

I've been two days off and on reading this build, then at this moment learning about your accident. What a heartbreaker. Thank God that you escaped without serious injury. Looking forward to the 3 window build. Will you put a notice on here when you start another thread on it, please?

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. clem

clem

Any updates on what is happening.....

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Always things happening at the Hangar. Seen it a dozen times in the last year or so. It will be awesome.

Runnin shine and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

unfortunately my heart was not into this replacement body and chassis. it sat here for almost two years and i never touched it. it just was not my white car. being Henry steel or not, my white car is irreplaceable. so i let this body go to a good friend of mine in TN, Tommy Ellis. hes building a killer full height stock highboy hot rod out of it. Its in even better hands now.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  12. clem

clem

Thanks for the update.

Stogy likes this.
  13. Tommy Ellis the EX NASCAR driver?

14. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

negative on that....

15. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

F6E1E6B8-3EBD-4C4A-BC1A-89DDBA9A8785.jpeg 9366BBE2-3A1C-4729-97B1-085E5D978F45.jpeg 458CFBA3-B21A-4EA7-BFAA-630E89BC7F61.jpeg I’ve been waiting for this moment for 3 years...

Your looking at two souls that were on their death beds never knowing if they would come back or not ...September 16th 2017 I flipped the Pale Rider. The car was toast. Every panel was badly damaged, the frame was bent like a banana peel. Flying up in the air making two full barrel rolls and finally coming to a rest on the passenger side. I never thought it would survive ..Fast forward to September 16th 2020.. I first received notice that I may have cancer..by the end of October I was down to 100lbs, dying in a hospital bed. I didn’t think I was going to survive. Three long years on the Pale rider, and I was able to save this car that once carried me across the United States to my fulfill my dream of driving my own hotrod to Bonneville. Most of the time spent on car was not knowing how to even attempt to save it. I tried to replace the car with a new one , and I just couldn’t . It just wasn’t the same car. So One evening I got out the grinder and removed the entire roof. Throwing both inner and putter a pillars on the scrap pile. They were shit.. starting at the subrails bolted down on a brand new chassis I had built , I start slowing pushing and pulling this pile of wreckage into shape. Replacing a door, a deck lid, half the roof, both inner a pillars , and totally fabricating the outer pillar skins , new side panels , the car really started to take shape. I totally rechopped the car by myself, remaking all the windshield header and the windshield surround... it was a ton of work... but it was all done by me ! And it was done right . I’m thrilled with the outcome, I had no experience in doing this much of a repair. But day by day , it was coming back to life . The accident had really damaged about everything . My rear axle was badly bent , so was the front , the spindles wire bent , the wishbones , everything you could imagine... hell it even bent the brake drums! I held on to the steering wheel so hard during the flip, I had bent the column all to hell, the steering wheel was mangled. I feel extremely lucky to be able to walk away from that one !

Once we got a car all back together, holly spent a few days knocking out all of the body work . She killed it ! It never looked so good. I repainted the car and started reassembly . Brian helped me shoot the hood and some small parts to finish up the job. Once I was diagnosed with cancer , I was forced to move back to Pennsylvania for treatments... usually someone In that position has a support person ... well thanks to Carlos and Holly , they sent me the pale rider up to be my support person . It gave me something to look forward to every day .. knowing it was in my brothers garage and I could tinker with it anytime I was physically able to.. I gotta thank Mike Ost for being that pain in my ass always nudging me to keep going on it. I really couldn’t have done it without the help .

The pale rider will be making its way out west for speed week this year. I’m hoping to show it off as much as possible .. I’ve earned it !

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thoughts your way Ben and what an incredible return to reliving your dream that was brutally tested on two fronts...

You have some very special people in your life...High Fives Hamber...Bring Spring On...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    brady1929, loudbang and The37Kid like this.
  17. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Wow! Great to hear it rides again!

loudbang, The37Kid and Stogy like this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! Great to see you both back!

Bob

loudbang, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  19. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Glad to see you back. I think rebuilding the Pale Rider was some of the best therapy for you.
    Pail Rider is the best fender less 33 I seen. Frank

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  20. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

WOW great success story. So glad to see both back!

21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

The car looks great Ben and most importantly, glad to see that you're feeling better. Hope to see it out there soon when some of this craziness subsides, and best wishes for you in your recovery.

loudbang, The37Kid and Stogy like this.
  22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Glad to see you and the Hot Rod back in one piece! Way to hang in there Man. Never give up!

23. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Ben, I followed the original build of the Pale Rider. That car was bad ass as they come and you did a great job of building it.
    I remember when you posted pics of the crash. You were disappointed and distraught, but I felt you always had the desire to rebuild it.
    You have been pretty quite about the new build, and I can't tell you how happy I am for you to get your car back. You deserve to put a lifetime of miles on the new version.
    I hope your health fully returns, and you and the new bad ass Pale Rider have many years of great memories together.

Tim, chryslerfan55, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  24. clem

clem

Wow, - you both look good ! That top photo is really something special.
    I hope that you have the fullest possible recovery from your cancer.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  25. Welcome to the "cancer ain't gonna get me" club. Building chopped coupes keeps us going. Some days you hurt or you're so damned tired you want to stop but if you stop you die. Besides, building coupes is fun. mewithcancer.jpg

26. brady1929

brady1929

Congratulations Ben, what a piece of art that you have there. I wish for you to have good health and happiness.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  27. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Good for you, happy to see the coupe and more importantly you back in good shape!

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  28. Johnny99

Johnny99

29. Great to see that pic of you and Pale Rider. Glad to hear you’re doing better, too. Great job on the rebuild.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  30. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Some of if not the most uplifting news I’ve heard thus far this year. Seems that living to your fullest practical aspirations with that damn vicious disease is its most feared enemy and its strongest repellent. Keep climbing up Ben.