Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Summit Racing a Great Company!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Let me add my praise for Summit to the pile...I have been ordering from Summit for the last 15 yrs ...Never have I had a single problem with them ..Super fast service and absolutely no-hassle returns... Good quality products with a decent price...There should be more companies with Summit's example of dedication to customer service..
    I'm sure there's someone on the forum thats had a less than perfect experience , but it ain't me...
    Stan

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  2. I have been buying from Summit since 1978 when they were still in a little "strip mall" type building in Akron. They have been getting 10 grand or more from me every year since. I would say regardless of whether I went down there or used the mail order service 90% of the time everything is perfect & the few times there has been a problem, 100% of the time they corrected it quickly! There tech support never makes you feel like you are bothering them, whether it is before purchase or after
    Now that Dx Engineering is part of the company, that makes it better for us because my Mom, Dad & Myself are all hams!

God Bless
    Bill

Deuces and Robert J. Palmer like this.
  3. 5window

5window

Another ringing endorsement and almost as many positive responses as those for Bill's transport services! Merry Christmas, Bill!

Deuces and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  4. I've bought from Jegs, Summit and Speedway. Had great luck with all of them except for s small hiccup at speedway on their counter...haven't seen that salesman since that day.

5. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

I agree about Summit, I have purchased GM crate motors and many other things. Last item I bought was an MSD distributor which I needed for the Merc. It was delivered the next day, can't beat that.

Deuces likes this.
  6. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Ordered a set of shocks last Thursday at 6 pm online. They were on my porch before noon Friday. They are awesome.

Deuces likes this.
  7. southcross2631

southcross2631

Have been buying from Summit for years. Last year bought a car puzzle for a gift. Had a missing piece ,called them and they had one out the same day and told me don't worry about returning the old one.

Deuces likes this.
  8. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

A great place for sure.

Deuces likes this.
  9. Grumbler

Grumbler

Summit is the gold standard for customer service. I ordered the wrong PS pulley. Called up their tech support, they figured out the correct one then transferred me to customer service. The person that answered the phone already had my file open, said that since I was in Canada, and since the original pulley was only 35 dollars don't bother with the hassle of sending it back but they would credit me for it anyway against the new part! Are there any other questions they asked. I asked if they knew what the shipping and customs fees might be on the new part. Already pre paid, no charge.

Deuces likes this.
  10. Drop KICK shipped...

11. I had my Dart top end kit shipped to my buddy's shop. Right from Dart through Summit. But they gave me 3/8" rocker studs and I specified on the order 7/16" studs. After a couple of calls they turned it around in a couple of days and gave me a credit on the 3/8" studs even though they were part of the kit.

Deuces and pat59 like this.
  12. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only problem I ever had with a Summit order was when they sent me some really horrible Wheel Vintique wheels. Out of round and one had more than acceptable lateral runout.

They promptly sent me a call tag and as soon as it was picked up, I got a refund. I will (and do) still buy from Summit but Wheel Vintiques is going to have to make it without me.

13. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

They took care of my problems with a new carb. Sent one to replace and I sent them the old one in the same box. Could not be happier with their service. Good pricing on crate engine and quick shipping.

Deuces likes this.
  14. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been ordering from them for years and thousands of $$s, my only complaint ever was a TCI Th350 that blew after 2000 miles. They came up with a solution with tci, so they sent me a new trans to Germany and had the broken one picked up at my door at no cost within a week. I couldn't have been happier. ... One of my favourite companies !

15. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I don't have any problem with them ,I just don't understand why I get new catalogs every week or so. I order on line ,catalogs go to the burn barrell.

safetythird likes this.
  16. Budget36

Budget36

I've ordered from them way back when they just had the black and white ad in HRM...late 70's...first thing I bought was a Holley 780 vac secondary carb.

Had a buddy look it over because I was running rich, he set the floats for me, looked up the list number and seems they sent me a 750...I sent them a letter, they sent me back 10 bucks in store credit.

Heck, I still recall it was $66.28 for that carb, including the COD charge.

Heck, even my 22 YO daughter has an account with them now.

She got tired of me saying "check with Summit"

Deuces likes this.
  17. I have visited every brick & mortar store.

I favor the one in Atlanta - always seem to find something I don’t need but can’t pass up in the clearance section ......

Summit will price match any valid internet online price at their brick & mortar stores on in stock items - provided the item is identical & not discounted or clearanced.

They did that for me the Reno store.

Free shipping is a Bonus.

Jim

Deuces likes this.
  18. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

It looks like someone used your package for target practice with a fork lift. :)

19. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I need to place a large order with Summit and looking for a discount code, does anyone have any extras?

20. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Summit is a good company with a ton of parts and accessories. They have been around for quite some time. I ordered some parts and accessories before the email system was set up. They arrived on time, were in great shape and were exactly what I wanted. Jump up years later and now the online ordering is much easier, faster and the accessories are almost endless.

But, with the good comes the bad…someone in their support group using computers does not accept the ever popular “unsubscribe” tab. They will send out a million emails advertising products, but when you go down to the bottom of the page for the unsubscribe section, the next screen says you are unsubscribed, but must hit the update button to complete the action.

After 10 additional emails, the amount of advertising emails has slowed down to a few a week, but each time, the unsubscribe tab says the same thing. Update…So, how many times does unsubscribe have to be sent to have them quit sending me those “ad” emails?

Jnaki

I hope someone from Summit.com is reading this thread and will reply. We like ordering via online stores, but should not be inundated with ad emails for the rest of our lives… No, I did not hit please send me emails for other products, either.

Sky Six likes this.
  21. Their site has become glitch recently. When I'm logged on and saving a part to my wish list, it gives me an up-yours message saying that the part is already on the list.

22. I work 7-1/2 miles from the Texas store. I can leave work at 8:45, be there when the doors open at 9:00, get what I need and be back to work by 10:15. Never had a problem with them.

23. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-8-28_4-42-16.png
    UPDATE:
    Follow up to the previous thread for Summit Racing Co. being intrusive and not caring about customer relations…

Hello,

Well, after a few more email received and the unsubscribed tab enabled again, the Summit Racing emails finally stopped coming. Either someone was listening/reading the HAMB thread or somehow the unsubscribed tab (after not working previously several times,) finally kicked in and stopped the annoying emails that have no interest to me.

So, my faith in a big corporation’s rules and regs, have kicked in and everything is ok with the world again.

Jnaki

So, now, if there is anything I need in the automotive world, I will certainly entertain the idea of ordering from Summit Racing, again.

upload_2018-8-28_4-44-37.png

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Living in Canada I’ve bought a lot of stuff from places like Speedway and Summit.

Summit could teach Speedway a great deal about customer service in the way they deal with technical issues and also returns.

I’ve had to return several items to Summit and they will pay return shipping from me to a Canadian Fed Ex address in Ontario that they have set up for returns.

Once the package arrives there they issue the refund.

I love dealing with Summit, I bought my wheels and Excelsior tires from them and other stuff for my RPU.