Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The 394 B -32 ford 3W

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hotrodderhaag, Feb 14, 2016.

1. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Ben glad to see you're in such good spirits! You're car was and is always a badass car! Weather you decide to rebuild or build another I know it will be just as badass!! But!! When your ready for a 34 3w!! Give me a call!! I'll hook you up!!! I know it's to soon but from your post I hope you won't take offence! We are all here for you brother and all fell the pain get back on that horse!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Maybe your coupe can live on as a vintage stock car. Then it doesn't matter if it's all dented and twisted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

hotrodderhaag likes this.
  3. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I really appreciate your telling us what really happened. The car can be replaced but you can't . That's the really important part. Looking foreward to your next build. Frank

4. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

A story, with pix, for the grandkids... glad you are still with us...
    in ME. the muscle car crowd wanted the state to combine them and street rods into the same category for insurance purposes.. .
    we declined as we did not have but a handful of crashes that were the rodder's fault... the muscle car group had a "ship load" that were their fault... they wanted to average out the 2... no !

brEad likes this.
  5. figure8

figure8

Can you post a picture of the broken spring hanger? Who made it? Hope the car was insured. Did you have belts and were you wearing them? I know lots of qq's. Wonder if this has happened to others.

6. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

All that matters is that you are here to tell the story. The rebuild will be tough but those of us that know you know that you can do it.

brEad, Hurley50 and Nailhead Jason like this.
  7. No doubt, the "Pale Rider" will live on.

Studebakermatt likes this.
  8. Ben. Of course, you have seen that barely there, '32 three window that Flop has recently acquired. Or really what is left of, barely there. Your car STILL looks ten times better than his start. Of course it will be brilliant, when he finishes. What does Flop say about the "Palerider" Haag coupe ?

Runnin shine, ls1yj and Stogy like this.
  9. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

I have followed your build thread since day one and have enjoyed watching your fabrication and machining skills. Driving your car 10,000 miles since the end of June is proof of your skill set. I would not pay any attention to those who say different. I am glad that you are safe and not in some hospital with real health issues from this accident. Looking forward to your next build!!!

10. Ben I follow you on FB and intagram and I can say that car was built super tuff and I agree the part failed. I think you could rebuild the car with Flop help. I really hope you consider rebuilding the same car. It has a lot of history now and deserves to be back on the street. Glad you are ok and if you need some parts let us know and maybe we can all help get the car back up and scaring little children.

Runnin shine and 3blapcam like this.
  11. 3blapcam

3blapcam

I agree here... I think it'd be better to resurrect (if affordable) this car just because you survived it (possibly the worst accident you'll ever have) once already... and in THIS car! I think the key word is "affordable" though... not all wallets are created equal.

You have great taste, vision and determination... I know you'll make the right decision.

3blap.

Runnin shine likes this.
  12. louisb

louisb

Oh man. No words. Glad you are okay but it sucks about the car. From reading your build thread it is apparent how much thought, hard work and heart went into this car.

--louis

13. 33pickemup

33pickemup

Amazing your ok! Can't wait to see the pale rider re-born.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Damn that is awful, but glad you were able to keep yourself alive. It definitely has me adding some safety features to my car. Such as a roll bar maybe and harness. What's the worst is that it was a $25 part that destroyed a really nice car. Good luck on the rebuild.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

15. Damn. I saw the pictures on Facebook last week, but I didn't put two and two together on who the car and owner was. Really sorry to see this, but glad you're around to tell the tale. Take some time to get back on your feet, there's no rush to make decisions on anything.
    Take care.

16. jackalope

jackalope

I am glad you are okay.
    This would make for one helluva piece of "wall art" though!
    Bitchin car in every respect. Sorry this happened.

17. Just read your entire build thread and am impressed with your attention to detail, your ability, and sticking to your guns about how the car should be built. Got to the Bonneville an El Mirage pictures and thought, wow, that's a heck of a maiden voyage, then got to the crash pictures and my heart dropped. So glad to hear you are ok and hope you will be able to fix the car and continue to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

18. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

So here is a small update on the rebuilt . A good friend hooked me up with a pristine Henry Ford 3w body and chassis ... some really good people have stood up and offered to help get this car back on the road !
    I'm Getting excited to start the rebuild of this car . Unfortunately the original body of the pale rider is just beyond repair for me . 45208F25-D899-488E-8623-D2EFDCFC1FA7.jpeg BD7BDD9B-0552-4628-8207-8BF60F8B3375.jpeg 51737C08-8A32-4911-B9E7-6647FA69516D.jpeg 484B3E41-70E8-41F5-A0DA-A4F164C95E6C.jpeg 49A92A49-CB0A-4868-968D-A01FDC11104C.jpeg 02C1FA66-AB11-4351-8002-F9A3965A4DDD.jpeg

19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Merry Christmas @hotrodderhaag may 2018 bring a big revival of the good times you were enjoying and that is obviously where your headed.

Looks like a great start on an exciting build and we look forward to the journey with you.

Happy New Year

20. uncle buck

uncle buck

Great news and kudos to your friend!

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

Looking forward to the rebuild it will be awesome.

loudbang likes this.
  22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

What a build and story. Looking forward to what's coming.

loudbang likes this.
  23. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Have you put any thoughts to continuing this thread as you progress or will it be a completely different vision and thread with this body and chassis?

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  24. Xman

Xman

Looking forward to see where this goes, I'm sure you'll make us all jealous!

loudbang likes this.
  25. Ben,
    So glad you have this great body and frame to start your rebuild with. This new ride will have the heart and sole of the first Pale rider and even be better I am sure.
    I can't wait for the show to start....I better stock up on popcorn though.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

39 Aaron NZ likes this.
  26. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats

loudbang likes this.
  27. This is going to be awesome. Keep the updates coming. What are you going to do with the crashed body?

loudbang likes this.
  28. Glad to hear everything seems to be falling into place for the rebuild.
    What's the story on the Stude in the pictures?

loudbang likes this.
  29. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Is this a body that you will be able to get @Flop s hands on?
    Pale Rider
    [​IMG]
    His latest work
    [​IMG]
    Most certainly couldn’t afford two works of art so close together.
    Good luck with this all Ben you deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Stogy, bonesy and loudbang like this.
  30. clem

clem

Sorry for the loss of a neat looking car.
    Glad that you walked away from it.

Stogy and loudbang like this.