Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hamb advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tommyd, Dec 25, 2017.

1. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

25594347_10208303726390432_2585865685061069770_n.jpg I find this to be true of most sites , except this one. Hamb's the best by far. Cracked me up though.

pat59, MMM1693, juan motime and 12 others like this.
  2. spooler41

spooler41

seb fontana likes this.
  3. spooler41

spooler41

Good observation !

seb fontana likes this.
  4. wicarnut

wicarnut

Have to agree with this, have read some good/great/knowledgeable tech advice and A LOT of silly things on tech typed in with good intentions ? or ? My advice to a man seeking knowledge, is research a subject before jumping into it, do not believe everything you read here or anywhere, on here, research the poster, his albums, his posts, his history. The HAMB has no equal for pic's, history, and the variety of tech, just beware here, like everywhere, plenty of BS. Everyone, Happy New Year !

Alaska Jim and Donuts & Peelouts like this.

5. Nah....on the hamb they would ask why you are using that carb, it's a POS....switch to Holley!

6. Facebook isn't really good for anything except useless gossip and pics of grandkids. Serious people would never go there for advice on anything.

bobss396, tommyd, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Unless the OP cant get their door open to their truck...

37hotrod, pat59, treb11 and 8 others like this.
  8. LOL I bought a Big Block Coronet once cheap because it had a miss. The guy couldn't get to the rear two plugs in the driver side so he put new tires on it instead. LOL

The HAMB is inhabited by people who have two things gong for them, one is that they have some idea what they are doing and the other is that they care about cars. I am probably the exception but once in a while I don't get it right. ( OK probably more than once in a while :oops: ) and there are people who do get it right that post on the same thread which covers for my mistake.

bobss396, pitman, brad2v and 3 others like this.
  9. topher5150

topher5150

"I watched a couple of episodes of gas monkey so obviously I'm an expert...you need to change the fuel injectors on your LS..."
    To many stupid people on Facebook who don't know their elbow from their asshole... And I'm not just talking about cars

10. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

If your muffler bearings are shot, nothing else will work right.

fordflambe, tommyd, Montana1 and 2 others like this.
  11. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

If it's not the Muffler bearings, it's almost always the Spark Plug Gears!! LOL!

Clay Belt likes this.
  12. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Here, smell my finger..[​IMG]

13. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What gets me is how many people will pop in with an answer when it's obvious that they haven't read the complete thread (or any of it in a lot of cases).:rolleyes:

14. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Very true. A person can become very annoyed sometimes. Me, all of the time. Someone will always take a thread and turn it into something else. I will listen to all but will only take the advice of a few.

I'm still trying to figure out how someone asked about a carb float and the conversation turned into a fan shroud thread.

tommyd and Alaska Jim like this.
  15. Man if you think about it you will get it, the Fan Blows air over the Carb.
    thus if the Shroud is Bent than the Air will Not travel over the Carb. it will
    Travel down it to the Floats & cause them to Fluxerate.

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a fool

16. Siuadog

Siuadog
    from Monroe GA

[​IMG]

...and remember when adjusting the instrument cluster....maintain 3 points of contact to ensure conductivity.

pat59 and Clay Belt like this.
  17. oldolds

oldolds

Be sure to check the blinker fluid before you do anything else!
    blinker fluid.jpg

Siuadog, pat59, juan motime and 2 others like this.
  18. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

If that is not the truth , I do not know what is.

seb fontana likes this.
  19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd say a great deal of posts here are equally filled with as much bad advice as the original post jokes about.

Poh, INVISIBLEKID and X38 like this.
  20. Heeeey I resemble that remark. :D

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's it in a nutshell and sometimes when one comes up the correct and concise answer the same answer has already been posted.
    The ones who throw out an answer that the rest of us know shows they really don't know squat about the subject might be good for a laugh but some poor fool who also doesn't know anything may follow what they said and damage his rig.

Best ones for a laugh are still the ones who show up with their first post on the HAMB being an answer to a thread that has been dead for 8 or 10 years in an attempt to "set those guys straight" on what ever the dead thread was about.

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  22. pitman

pitman

Hmmm; maybe he needs some new Finnegin pins!

23. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

Facebook sucks... forums are the best and they will always be the best for car guys!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

tommyd and Fabulous50's like this.
  24. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I read the H.A.M.B. for serious information and humor,often getting both in one thread.

25. bchctybob

bchctybob

Oh it happens here too, just not quite as often as on other forums.
    Always check the Knuten Valve, first thing that goes bad.........

26. Fabulous50's

Fabulous50's
    from Maine

I used to be very active on VW forums back 15 years ago. I had to quit it got so bad, too many know it all's that the real experts with sound advice just got run over with posts. And flaming language, nothing makes you sound like a real pro like lots of profanity!

JUNK ROD and pat59 like this.
  27. Hey Tommy! I hardly recognized you since you changed the pic in your avatar. :p

So... What are you guys talking about anyways? :confused:

28. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I forget now. I just know this is the place for a FORD guy like me to get good G.M. advice. ha!

topher5150 likes this.
  29. This place isn't all that different, is it?

I get a kick out the threads that go on and on because the OP posted the basic info what was incorrect in the first place. 95 people spending anywhere from 1 min to 30 mins trying to solve an issue that takes 5 mins to properly diagnose.

There was a guy who came here who didn't know how to change a tie rod. I explained it to him and it wasn't getting me or him anywhere. So I just did it form him and he watched. NOW he knows how to build cars. Also a Facebook junky who I'm sure is one of the "next 57 responders"

RICH B likes this.
  30. Yup, right up there with gas station sushi and unprotected sex with Hillary Clinton....

lothiandon1940 likes this.