Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Summit Racing a Great Company!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Dec 25, 2017.

1. I wanted to post how great a company Summit Racing is.
    I have been doing business with them for about 20 years. This year I ordered my mother's Christmas gift. When I opened the outside packaging the main packaging was damaged as was the product.
    I called Summit. They asked for a description of the damage and once they found out it was for Christmas, Summit sent a new one before I sent the damage mini fridge back.

Great People, I have dealt with much smaller companies and returns even if it an error on their a part was a nightmare!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  2. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

Good for you and Mom...
    I have never had to return anything to them but I have purchased quite a few products from them and have found them to be a outstanding company to deal with.
    There shipping is fantastic... you almost get your products before you order them..
    Only bitch I have with them is they sponsor Greg Anderson...haha

3. I think this was dropped shipped.

tommyd, Clay Belt, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  4. Good for you & mom. Summit is a super great company with only the best of service. I have bought many items from them and had to return a few over the years and NEVER had any problems. Good job Summit and Merry Christmas.

5. I have always been happy with Summits service. HRP

6. Sporty45

Sporty45

Summit = good company to deal with! :cool:

7. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

Summits 5 hours away but worth the drive

8. belair

belair

Good job, Summit.

9. Wonderful company, never had a bad experience

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. pila38

pila38

Summit and Jegs are both excellent with customer service. Stay away from Skip White Performance, terrible customer service and return policy. Glad you got taken care of you for the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

11. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. I will second that. I ordere some Doug's tri-y headers for my son's '65 Comet for Christmas from Summit. Doug's website said they were out of stock and listed for more money than Summit. Summit delivered less than 48 hours after I placed the order and didn't charge for shipping. I have been pleased with every transaction I have ever had with Summit.

13. I should also mentioned I have purchased items from Summit that they didn't list. I called them up and told them the company and part number and they got it for me at a better price than even the manufacturer offered. It was a company they already carried, so not sure you could do that with a "new" supplier.

14. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I've ordered many items from Summit, Always shipped quick. One time I had a return and it was not a problem. I often check with them before I order from others. Also I don't think they deal with poor quality import crap. Unlike many of the suppliers.

15. Robert, they did the same for me. Ordered a starter that didn't fit(my fault) and they sent a different one no charge. UPS driver picked up the first one when he dropped off the right one. If I can't get it local they are my go to supplier.

16. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I always like doing business with Summit. They seem to deliver a lot faster than other suppliers too.

Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  17. rockfish

rockfish

I've always had great service from Summit and fortunately have never had to file a damage claim with them. It's classy that once they knew the item was a Christmas gift for your mom they had a replacement shipped out. That's putting the customer first. Looks like your mom got a cool gift!!

18. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I've only bought from Summit a few times (less than a dozen, more than 6). One order was for 4 Chevrolet style rally wheels, two of them "skinny". One of the skinny ones was damaged from dropping by UPS; Summit would't have sent out something with damage to the box so bad the product was visible and damage; the wheel lip was rolled over. Called Summit, "we'll get another one sent out", "what do I do with the damaged one?", "keep it!". I've managed to beat the rolled over lip back, and good enough to use the wheel as a spare tire wheel. Jegs? The only thing I've ever ordered from them was sent to TENNESSEE, and I'm in Washington State (?????). They would't send out another to speed things up, they wanted to get their mistake back first. "Well OK then, just cancel my order, and refund my payment". And Jeg's phone menu, and booming "JEG'S!!!" was a real turn off for me. Never ordered anything from Speedway, and I used to use J.C. Whitney a couple of times a year, but not since they had their big "restructuring" years ago. So, Summit gets my vote, confidence, and business. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

19. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Summit is great fast shipping. Makes its all most to easy to order to much. HaHa.

20. Plus I don't like any of the Coughlins.

chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.
  21. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Dealt with Summit many times with perfect results. Every trip tp Reno I go to their store (actually in Sparks) and look first hand at all the goodies for sale, can never seem to get out of there without a purchase.

One trip I found a $200 hood scoop on the clearance table for $100, offered the store manager $75 and he took it.
    Another trip I called ahead to make sure they had 2-12.50-15 Hoosiers in stock to save taxes and shipping and was told yes in stock, got there and they were in stock alright, in Ohio. Not only did they ship them to my door from Ohio for free but knocked $10 per tire off the price.

First Rate Speed Shop/Supplier in my book!

22. slowmotion

slowmotion

Never a problem with Summit, or Jegs for that matter. My last order was to Jegs and they included a butt load of swag on an order of less than $200.

23. Summit has a technical hotline, experienced and helpful people.

24. Glad your Mom got her gift, Summit steps up again. Summit has been very good to me for many years, top notch service.

Deuces and Robert J. Palmer like this.
  25. Ordered from Summitt on Fri., they said it would be after Christmas for delivery (which was no problem ) . Got here Sat. ,ONE day after I ordered. Thanks Summitt.

26. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I have been buying from Summit for more years than I remember (a long time). Great customer service & prices are always the best. They beat all of the local & internet dealers when I ordered an LS3 connect & cruise for my convertible. My '34 has several pieces from them. They make me happy!!!

27. blazedogs

blazedogs

Purchase a lot from Summit I have never dealt with a company that treats returns as well as they do. Many times I have ordered parts not knowing for sure if they will fit. If they don't I use the same box, put the return slip on and back it goes with no postage due.Then by computer they will let you know of the return and credit you

28. robracer1

robracer1

I have so much of Summits products on my 32 roadster that's It's literally easier to tell you what didn't come from them, great customer service.
    I've had to call them more than once and tell I ordered the wrong part and they just take it back on problems and get full credit.

29. KustomKreeps

KustomKreeps

Great support.
    I often look about the net and find it cheaper. Contact support and they always beat the price even if its only by a few dollars.
    The one time I had an issue was with Lancer hubcap centers. The part that arrived was nothing like pictured or as described. I got in contact with them. They contacted the supplier and found out they had been given the wrong picture and description. They then sent out a more expensive set to me free of charge all away to New Zealand and told me to keep the first set.
    I have had issues with there drop shipping twice. Both to my benefit as both times the item was sent out twice giving me two of the item. One such item was a hydro boost setup that cost a bit under a grand per item. I decided to be honest and contacted them and was told sorry for any inconvenience but to just keep the item instead of shipping it back around the world to them. To make it even better they then credited me $20 summit dollars for being honest!

30. Corvette Fever

Corvette Fever
    from Michigan

My favorite supplier...as everyone on here has said their return policy is second to no one and the quality of parts and service are the best in the business.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.