Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Christmas, what did all the good H.A.M.B.ers get?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Hopefully all H.A.M.B.ers had a Merry Christmas and were good boys and girls.

Books-
    ISKY Ed Iskenderian and The History of Hot Rodding and Paved Track Dirt Track Racing at Old Bridge Stadium and Nazareth Raceway
    IMG_2367.JPG
    D.V.D.s
    Thru My Lens An Intimate Look at the Syracuse Finale and Two Lane Black Top
    IMG_2368.JPG

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Mostly toys for me (new camera system, some model train stuff), but the gauges are for my Model A build. So is ordering a complete frame, but that's a few months down the road. Santa was very good this year. Gary
    DSC00105aW1200.jpg

3. Very nice, I also got a lap top computer. Just got it set up and this is my first post with it!

4. Deuces

Deuces

Santa got me a brand new red Carhartt jacket that I needed real bad for these cold Michigan winters....
    Thank you Santa!!!!! ;)

5. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

12hrs of 2 1/2x pay. Finishing up a 18hr shift at noon,Then some sleep and then I start drinking;) before going to brother in laws:eek: for dinner.

6. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

7. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Car detailing stuff and most of a 1956 Lionel set

8. blackanblue

blackanblue

Got to be a year older on the 24th, now officialy a senior at 65,,,never thought I'd make it.

9. oj

oj

A battery powered Milwaukee 3/8ths ratchet! Before opening it I thought 'hmm, a tin of nuts. I'll just open them now to snack on'. It took my breath away when i saw what it was.
    Merry Christmas All you HAMB'rs you!

10. topher5150

topher5150

I can only afford to count my blessings this year. My wife and I both lost our jobs this past summer, but somehow we were able to but her dieabetic supplies and pay the mortgage on time. So I can't complain to much

11. I got a new drivers side window regulator for my F-100, a few new additions to my wardrobe, a couple gift cards and a dreams of Linda Vaughn dancing in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

12. Family is the best gift of all!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  13. John M

John M

Got 2 sets of remote control FAO Schwartz dodgem bumper cars (4 cars total) just like the ones my brother, cousins & I used to race at Crystal Beach amusement park (Ohio) in the 50's. Only problem is both red cars & both the blue cars are on the same frequency. Any ideas on how to shift the frequency?? Nothing obvious on the cars or remotes.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  14. I almost forgot about the L.E.D. drop light IMG_2371.JPG

15. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Robert, my best gift was spending Christmas eve with my Father. He had just enough Bourbon to tell the rarely heard WWII stories. Pop was a B-24 pilot. He'll be 96 on the 29th of this month. He just renewed his drivers license. Showed it to me saying that he's now he is covered until he is 105. Picture is him driving his Roadster. Ron mod.jpg

16. I got word that my daughter was acceppted into nurse practitioners school in rochester minnesota. Her clinicals will be at the mayo clinic. No store bought gifts can give a parent the kind of feeling they get when their kids are living out their dreams.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  17. ............God Bless Him!.Without his courageous efforts we might all be speaking German or Japanese right now.....or worse.

18. Great, like I said Family is the gift best of all!
    Thank your father for his war service, I would love to hear those war stories!!!

19. Santa dropped these off here. 12252017_0001.jpg

hrm2k, Dino 64, PONTNAK123 and 9 others like this.
  20. PONTNAK123

PONTNAK123
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

new wheels for my 40 ford pickup and got my garage painted at my vegas house and hung my stuff from my Carlsbad days ( native Carlsbad ) VNT71R_Polished-1000.jpg bookbinder woodside 024.JPG bookbinder woodside 025.JPG bookbinder woodside 026.JPG bookbinder woodside 027.JPG

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Fresh short block for the Salt Shaker.
    Nothing special but at least this could keep from having to be "That Guy" that oiled down the track.
    20171223_185602.jpg
    20171223_185652 (2).jpg

22. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I got the new Tardel book for myself even though I don't have an "A", but it is full of just good info. Worth the money without a doubt. My wife used to get me good books every year, but she has gone on. Good memories of years past.

23. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got the new Von Dutch book from the Rodders Journal and it is fantastic. Over 400 hundred pages and photos.

24. markin59

markin59
    from Missouri

I joined this forum a few years ago, but have been mostly lurking, slowly gathering parts. Finally got a huge piece of the puzzle for Christmas (thanks Sean!). We think it’s a 26 Willy’s.

Attached Files:

25. I got my father the Tobias book and built a fire place backstop for my mother IMG_2372.JPG [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

26. [​IMG] my sister kept these a secret from me for the past six months. Hopup magazine and Vans shoes did a run on these and I never thought Ide get them !

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

czuch, 32fenderless, SFC and 16 others like this.
  27. HunterYJ

HunterYJ
    from Buda Texas

41WGMn--hkL._AC_SY375_.jpg
    The book that set the hook, and almost caused me to repeat the 7th grade. Twenty years of searchin' swap meets and found it under the tree. :)
    Not H.A.M.B. friendly at first glance, but unlike todays "how to bolt on" guides this one shows how to sew your own pleats, make your own roadster top,and some cat named "Jake" chopping his '34 3 window coupe and plenty more.
    Merry Christmas to you all.

28. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Nothing. Nada. Zip.
    My family doesn't do gifts anymore,we all have more than we need

29. RDE

RDE

I got a DeWalt 3/8' compact-impact. 2 - 20V batteries and charger.......

30. All I got this year was a "piece"and a pr of stretch sox....Both too big...