Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Phoenix Area Hot Rodding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastmike, Dec 18, 2017.

1. fastmike

fastmike
    from Mesa AZ

Hey everyone, I've searched around on here and haven't found anything really recent about the traditional hot rod scene in Phoenix. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough? Long story short.. I'm going to be relocating there in the next month or so and I was wondering what the scene was like out there? I'm coming from Chicago.. I would imagine its much better out there but I was looking for some insider thoughts.. maybe even about the entire area like where to go and not to go. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

2. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a post here about that not too far back. But start here. Many of the towns are close to Phoenix. Lots of these are going to be more street rod than hot rod. But it’s a start. The local guys will chime in, I’m sure.

http://www.cruisinarizona.com/carshows.html

chryslerfan55 and fastmike like this.
  3. fastmike

fastmike
    from Mesa AZ

Thanks man that helps! I appreciate it

4. ENUF 41

ENUF 41

Mike, all kinds of cars in the Phoenix area, you can locate any where in the valley. I believe there is an auto awap meet every month at Glendale community college. Maybe someone will chime in on the swap meet. Another good place to get info is So Cal 34th st and McDowell in Phoenix

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

have you tried? - arizonaautoscene.com or cruisinarizona.com

6. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

If you are in town go and see Steve at Industrial Chassis Inc as he would be a good start point.
    Search his website to ensure your interest...

7. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Maybe you can make it to this ? 1rock.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. fastmike

fastmike
    from Mesa AZ

Well I'd like to be in the Gilbert area but my girl's job is in surprise.. So we have been looking at some where in the middle.. Thanks for the replies so far guys! Is there any model A related swap meets? Just a random question..

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Hmmmm, Chicago to Phoenix? December,January,February--- just drive around the block with a big smile on your face and a chubby in you rompers thinking about snow banks, 10 below zero, patches of ice that took your feet out from under ya and how your ass was sore for a week. What else would you need?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

10. Ken Boellner

Ken Boellner

Try Arizonacarshows.com

11. mopacltd

mopacltd

Just remember to ascimilate(sp) to Arizona not bring Chicago with you.

12. partssaloon

partssaloon

13. fastmike

fastmike
    from Mesa AZ

Trust me that won't be a problem! There is nothing about Chicago I like haha

Thanks everyone for the replies! I've been looking at all of those sites.

14. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

You can meet many like minded people and find parts at the monthly So Cal AZ Second Saturday deal, best to get there early, especially when the snow birds are in town. http://so-cal-az.com/news&events/

LuckySumbich likes this.
  15. rfraze

rfraze

There is a big cruise night at Pavilions/McDonalds every Saturday night. It has always been pretty good when I was in town.

16. Mike

Mike

There are lots of hot rodders here in the valley. Hit the So Cal Speedshop second Saturday gig as lanseaandair mentioned, also hit the weekly Saturday night gig at the Pavillions in Scottsdale. Those two will give you a good start on meeting people.

LuckySumbich likes this.
  17. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

When I left in 04, there was a fun club that had a pretty tight group The "Rattlers" weekend BBQs, etc. , My trip to Viva with them in 04, Was my corruption point.. it's F'n Hot, When someone goes to hell, After living in Phoenix, They request a winter jacket!

18. LuckySumbich

LuckySumbich
    from Mesa, AZ

As already stated, So-Cal Speed Shop here in the Phoenix area has a monthly early morning meet and shoe box swap, can see a decent turnout of period/traditional style cars out there. Scottsdale Pavilions is also another go-to place, as mentioned. I hang out there fairly often and I'll add to that, and say it's a mixed bag, but hot rods and classics are the mass majority in the cooler months, Oct-May. Goodguys and Barrett-Jackson weekends typically attract the most interesting stuff, but there's always neat stuff out there of some sort.

I also know that some folks meet up for holiday cruises and open houses and such. I've only been able to make it to a couple of those so far, but they have been some of the best gatherings I've joined. There is certainly a community and place for it here.

Side note - you can find a thread on here from way back that tells a good chunk of the local history, that you may be interested in learning. There's some really neat stuff talked about, by a lot of local HAMB'rs on that one. Found it by accident on google one night, some time ago.