Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1963 Rod Stuckey 160” FED chassis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigolds, Dec 19, 2017.

1. bigolds

bigolds

D73A897E-38E3-4DC5-B5F8-32B64BD806EE.jpeg I recently purchased what was described to me as a 1963 Rod Stuckey chassis. I purchased it from the estate of Brad Wallace of Wallace Engine Company here in the Baltimore area. It was campaigned by him and his son in Junior fuel up until about 15 years ago. When I purchased it Bradley (the son), told me that it was purchased out in the Midwest quite sometime ago… He estimates in the early 90s. I am wondering if anyone here can help me authenticate this chassis. Since it was purchased very early in Bradley‘s drag racing career he is completely unaware of any history attached to this chassis. The photo accompanying this post is the car sitting outside of my garage waiting for its space to be cleared out. If anyone has any insight, I would be happy to post additional pictures with details. I hope someone here can help me!

2. bigolds

bigolds

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here are a couple of additional pictures. The cowl/crossover bar is particularly interesting and I thought may help with the authentication.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

catdad49 likes this.
  3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Is there a postage stamp size metal tag welded to either the shoulder hoop or original front roll cage hoop with SEMA and a number stamped on it???
    Other than that its a bitchen find and should clean up rather nicely once the front cage hoop is removed. If it does not have a "SFI" sticker on the frame near the driver, (even an out of date one), there may be issues with it passing spec and any updates would deminish value in my opinion.
    any body with it?? This is my Buttera car before and after R&B 002.jpg 100_2587.JPG

4. That front axle doesn’t look like it’s from 63. I’m no expert but it’s awfully narrow and hard mounted, no torsion bar or anything

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. bigolds

bigolds

I haven’t updated you guys on this...I gave up on saving any rumored heritage on the ole girl. Many have looked at it and though it may have been a Stuckey piece; it has been at least front halved once. We got it up on the frame table and it was a freakin pretzel. It has now been front halved again shortened from 160 inches to 138 inches. This is what the car looks like now!![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Hey bigolds we need update on your comp coupe build. I like the direction you took with it.