Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What on earth is this car I got?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaygryph, Dec 10, 2017.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

say what....................

2. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

I did actually get the clock, and the santa and a doll of an indian girl...and part of an ice cream churn...and a lot of moss. But yeah, did get the clock. It's an old 110v glass face school clock. Might actually hang that up. At any rate my father ran off with it so I have a feeling it will be around longer than the Dodge.

Does anyone know where the vin on a 1929 Dodge Standard Six would be, if it has such a thing? Did they just go by the engine number or would it have been on the frame or body some place?

3. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

stretch the doors and shorten the quarters.

4. "Does anyone know where the vin on a 1929 Dodge Standard Six would be, if it has such a thing? Did they just go by the engine number or would it have been on the frame or body some place?"
    Since the toe board is missing (that is one place by the pedals it would be), look on the right side of the frame below the front fender. It will be VERY faint, so you may have to wire brush the hell out of it to see it.

5. A photo to help make up your mind on shortening the body. I bought this 31 dodge from a guy who shortened it up. I photo-chopped it. The frame was 1.5" shorter on one side!
    31doodge.jpg

6. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

That right there, looks to me like a competition coupe altered... its certainly an idea for the OP's new found body, if a bit ambitious.
    [​IMG]
    although the dodge is considerably larger than the bantam pictured here, you get what I mean

jaygryph likes this.
  7. squirrel

squirrel

you can always cut metal to make it smaller.....

(although you have to weld it back together again)

jaygryph likes this.
  8. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

although
    Exactly the solution I had in mind for that pesky size issue,
    besides, there arn't enough Comp. coupes left around, the world could use a couple more.

Doctorterry, jaygryph and squirrel like this.
  9. 'Mo

'Mo

10. OOOrrrrr, you could just run with the 4 door body...disregard the spider web grille 04cruise28dodge.jpg

jaygryph, ClarkH and patmanta like this.
  11. Does the car have the correct hood sides? HRP

12. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

Spider webs are like automotive tramp stamps.

indyjps likes this.
  13. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

I really think the hood may be off a Durant or something similar. It's not Dodge, whatever it is, or at least it's not for *that* Dodge.

14. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Cool yard art

jaygryph likes this.
  15. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

Failing all else...

16. jackalope

jackalope

Bad idea. Waste of potential.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

I dunno, some wire mesh over the windows and bottom and it'd make a hell of a fire pit.

I saw an 80s suburban that had been done up like that for Burning Man. They put it on an old boat trailer frame and set it on the ground when they got there, used it as a scrap wood burner and giant party fire pit all week, even had a plate welded into the hood that would act as a griddle surface for grillin' burgers and pancakes, looked well used, and at the end of the week they jacked it up, put the wheels back under it and towed it home, containing all their ashes, nails, etc. Smart idea, really.

18. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

Hey, while I have this thread open. Does anyone know what this axel is out of? It came out from under an antique home built trailer with what I believe is a 1919ish Dodge pickup bed. The wood wheels are in pretty good shape as far as I can tell since they sat under fenders for who knows how long. The wood in the bed is even still decent and strong. Anyway, I suspect it's more Dodge parts but I really have little idea since this era vehicle is outside what I know. Honestly not sure what to do with it. Maybe make a little jalopy racer to putt around the back yard? It feels like the gear set is still in there, though I don't imagine the driveshaft is since it had a ball hitch welded to it at some point, which broke, and then the wood and slightly newer hitch was affixed.

Figured I'd ask here rather than open a new thread. photo_2017-12-19_09-47-26.jpg photo_2017-12-19_09-47-52.jpg photo_2017-12-19_09-47-58.jpg photo_2017-12-19_09-48-04.jpg photo_2017-12-19_09-48-12.jpg

19. rusty valley

rusty valley

1916-1925 ford model T

jaygryph likes this.
  20. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

Thanks for the reply. That's indeed what it is from searching around a bit. You guys are amazing. Looks like the bed that was sitting on top of it is a 1919ish dodge truck bed. Looks identical to the box on this truck http://en.speed-boutique.com/2014/02/dodge-pickup-1919/ including the rear most raised stake pockets for the roof posts. Neat truck. Would love to have that bodywork to play with.

21. The VIN on that car may have been on the frame. I have had a few Dodges and some of them are also on the door jamb.