Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Winter is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 8, 2016.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I got what looked to be 8 to 10" of white garbage over the weekend. It came straight down.

The roads and any surface that held any heat seemed to eat a lot of it up but things like my doghouse, grill, railings, anything cold, held the load (and still are). I quickly discovered that, yet again, my snowblower is cranky and I left too many toys in the driveway.

chryslerfan55, oldsjoe and biggeorge like this.
  2. Oilguy

Oilguy

A coworker was going to throw this old Earth Stove away. I told him I will take it. Did a lot of sanding, sandblasted the door, polished the brass balls, painted it and installed it to replace the smaller stove in the background. I also use a Mr. Heater twin head propane unit to knock the chill off while the wood stove is heating up. Then I turn the propane unit off. I put this in about 6 years ago and it still works great. At my age I couldn't work in the shop in the winter without some form of heat. And the winter is largely when I spend most of my time there. DSC07131.JPG

3. dwollam

dwollam

I'm not too sure but I think those Earth Stove might have been made in Madras Oregon a bunch of years back. Any tags on them for manufacture location?

Dave

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Oilguy

Oilguy

I covered the tag with tape when I blasted the door and will check it out today.

5. Oilguy

Oilguy

Only thing on the tag is The Earth Stove.

6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Iam not done with some out door crap yet and have already used the snowblower:eek:

Sealed up the garage door bottom and taped up the fold out ceiling ladder.I love my Hot Dawg heater!! There are enough projects waiting for me to get done till winter leaves and I will just spend my time going to work, sleeping and spending time in the shop.We have had it good this end of the year weather wise and I got lots done outside.Shift gears and do some artwork,camper parts, and some what ever I want stuff.
    Looking forward to some indoor shows out of town and here.Spend some time with the wife and sense my son wont be traveling for work anymore,I may get my car space back by spring in the shop!!:):)

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Had an Earth Stove back in the seventies when heating oil went sky high. They will do the job.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  8. VTjunk

VTjunk

20171213_093013.jpg
    Winter finally hit Vermont. Very late this year. This was one end of the driveway this AM.

chryslerfan55, dwollam, Xman and 2 others like this.
  9. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

12 days till xmas... but 90 days till spring ! DSCN1983.JPG

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Got about 8" yesterday. Jumped on my 76 yr old Ford 9N and cleared 3 driveways last night and mine again this morning about 5:30. I don't know what's more fun...the tractor or my station wagon!

11. Deuces

Deuces

Your right about the 8" of snow on the ground..... And it's freakin' cold...:mad:

Who ordered this crap????:mad::rolleyes:

biggeorge and Speedwrench like this.
  12. Deuces

Deuces

Maybe it was the jolly ol' fat guy????:D:rolleyes: beautiful-santa-christmas-card-animated-gif.gif

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I actually love the cold. It's nice to just get out and breathe. I'm tent camping this weekend...but it's gonna be warm. Up into the 20's!

14. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Even by Michigan standards, you are a sick individual.

flatheadpete and Oilguy like this.
  15. topher5150

topher5150

you must be one of those people that complain every time it snows

flatheadpete likes this.
  16. I remember when I lived back up in N.J. and AL Roker said it was going to be partily cloudy the next day.The next day I was shoveling 12 inches of partily cloudy off my front steps.LOL. Bruce.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  17. Oilguy

Oilguy

I like your attitude.

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

Bruce, looks like its about time to bring the Donkeys inside with that snow outside.

dwollam and Bruce Fischer like this.
    chryslerfan55 and Gman0046 like this.
  20. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^^ So, Bruce, you are looking at a wagon to have room for your donkey?
    Right?

21. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

22. I had to revamp the squirrel cage fan that circulates the hot air fron the wood furnace. The three Grandsons all helped pa pa's helpers 020.JPG pa pa's helpers 020.JPG pa pa's helpers 005.JPG

23. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

dwollam, chryslerfan55 and LOWDUG37 like this.
  24. raymay

raymay

Useless fact for today December 21st.
    This is the shortest day of the year and the first day of winter. The good news is tomorrow the days start getting longer and brings us closer to another great car cruising season.

IMG_2456.JPG

25. noboD

noboD

Another useless fact, an egg will stand on the small end all day. I've done its several times and won some money from doubters. Warm egg, not hard boiled, on a flat surface, might take a little patience but it works.

26. Snowed here on the Island a couple of times. I still take the Ford out on dry days and terrorize the locals.

27. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Yup, first day of winter, yesterday it was in the 60's, had the f1 out and enjoying the drive. Woke up to a couple inches of snow & temp in the teens. Now, where's the shovel?

28. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Yup, 007.JPG
    Chili by the pool

biggeorge and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Not even 2 inches of snow here so far this year. We haven't gotten much snow the last several winters. Haven't used the snowblower yet.

30. No snow here yet. its about 60 today but it is cloudy and damp and it feels cold. The sun hasn't shown for a few days and my joints hurt. I started Trapping. Just caught a Bobcat. Its worth some money. Fox brings a bit also. I think I will set for beaver the bounty is $15 and the hide will sell also. the young beaver are good eating.