Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dan Stoner feature on Hemmings Blog

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by denis4x4, Nov 22, 2017.

1. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

2. Gotta save,that's a long read!

Stoner likes this.

3. Stoner

Stoner

4. Stoner likes this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on the press @Stoner...Pretty radical T...look forward to the next installment. A bevy of talent wrapped up in this. The sketches are awesome...compliments to the artist as well

Stoner likes this.
  6. Packrat

Packrat

Cool looking car! I love those radius rods. I have a 47 Ferguson tractor with radius rods like those and have wondered if anyone had ever used them on a rod. The front suspension is very innovative.

Stoner likes this.
  7. Cool stuff Dan. I remember when I first saw Tim's original sketch I thought it was super cool. I am sure I have it saved somewhere with a bunch of his other "sketches"

Stoner likes this.
  8. Stoner

Stoner

Thanks, all...and just wait for a few surprises in upcoming chapters: lots of help from the HAMB in making it happen!

Stogy and Rolleiflex like this.
  9. Looking forward to the next installment.
    [​IMG]

10. Stoner

Stoner

Ah, YEAH! It amazes me that there's been so much chatter over this thing, but that's cool--I'm flattered. It's been a slow process, but GOD...in that time, I've been able to find every single part I've always wanted for it. Well, except for a pair of 18" spindle-mounts--I always wanted those for the car instead of the 15s, but I got such a smoking deal on these that it makes up for it...

Dog_Patch and Stogy like this.
  11. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

12. Stoner

Stoner

13. Stoner

Stoner

14. Everything Tim draws is the cats ass

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Stoner

Stoner

That's true--one thing that always impresses me about Tim's work is that that car or the bike or the hadron collector he builds always looks just like the sketch he made before he built it...

Stogy likes this.
  16. I have a version of one of Tims drawings tattooed across my back. I’ve been a fan for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy likes this.
  17. Stoner

Stoner

Stogy likes this.
  18. Stogy likes this.
  19. So I finally sat down and read all of the installments from start to finish and man what an exciting ride you have been on! I don’t do social media anymore but before I logged off of Facebook I had seen that you had gotten that 392. I had hoped that it had fueler history and I’m stoked that we get to live through you with these chapters on your build. I’m on the other side of the country and this is the kind of stuff I’ve always dreamt of. I once built a 67 Jim Davis FED and every time I struck an arc on the chassis or did any work on it, I fantasized that it once ran in the big show.

I’ve been following Tim since the Armageddon Top Fuel days when he was gonna do a good vs evil deal with his fuelers and have always been so impressed with his art and build abilities. I don’t believe you could have chosen a better builder to turn your vision into reality. I can’t wait for the next installment.

20. Stoner

Stoner

Dog_Patch likes this.
  21. Interesting installment. Every time I see your t I see the uncertain t influence as well as the purple people eater (both are very high on my favorite list). In fact I was almost obsessed with both for some time. I remember getting the copy of hot rod Magazine with the PPE on the cover way back when I was a teen.

22. Stoner

Stoner