Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects So Cool to see your Very First car for sale on the HAMB

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Dec 13, 2017.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Awesome. Such a cool car!

3. Pretty cool to see that it's still around and someone is having fun with it.:) 4th Annual The Race of Gentlemen (TROG) Sat Oct 10 2015 176-X3.jpg DSCN2200.JPG

chryslerfan55, dwollam, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  4. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

It's a great car it's a lot of fun I'm out of room and have two projects going currently that I need to have finished by June it's cool that it's a solid car and has some history

Stogy likes this.

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Looks like a darn good deal, too! Someone's gonna get a cool car at a great value!

Stogy likes this.
  6. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Buy it back ! You know you want to.

7. Bob you need to buy this. It is already wired!:rolleyes: It is pretty cool.:cool:

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sounds like a trade could possibly be worked out if enough interest is there.

Stogy likes this.
  9. j3harleys

j3harleys

Buy it now you may never get another chance !

10. I'll chip in 25 bucks, to the "Big Bad Bob T" fund, kind sirs.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess you guys deserve "The Rest of the Story" and it may help sell it. I bought the T Tudor on my 16th birthday and it was delivered just around New Years Day 1967. Upgraded parts that needed to be and swapped out the Tudor for a Touring body and collected almost every Ford Factory accessory for the car. Back then you could find NOS stuff in Hemmings. I needed to pay for a two bay garage filled with 4Banger race car parts, a DO Green powered Sprint Car (engine is now in Speedy Bill's in Lincoln, Nb.)and a Harley Knucklehead powered Midget, the sale of the T covered that. The guy that bought the T loved every bit of it, I even had a gallon of paint mixed to match the factory green. I figured I'd see the restored car within two years, but it never shower up. Scrolling through eBay 2 or was it 3 years ago some familiar T parts popped up, my old T was being parted out! The guy I sold it to never did a thing to it, and had passed on. Just an hour away I went to look at it. Wire wheels, engine, fenders had been sold. The windshield and posts still looked as good as the day I painted them, posts were NOS, I can remember setting the glass in the cork bedding tape as clear as it was yesterday, and installing the American flag and MTFCA decals that are still on it today. Thought long and hard about buying all the bits, but decided to keep plowing along on the projects I have now. The T was the first of my collection of unfinished projects, it is good that it found a proper home and raced at TROG, and people got to see it race. Bob

12. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Damn had I known it was factory green that is what color it would have gone

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Holy moley, Bob...That tub! Just like mine!

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]This is how I pictured it all restored. It was a fun project and let meet a lot of people that have been lifelong friends for 50 years. Fifty years, I can remember so many events related to this car they seam like yesterday. Bob

15. Story gets better. Increasing pledge to 100 smackers. Who's with it ? Only need 130 more like minded yahoos. Bob's completed T project find fund. :)

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

The T really was a great start, but I've moved on. I really want to find whatever is left of this car, last known photo from 1951. Bob

[​IMG]

17. Not sure about the car but I think I saw those hats at John's Best Pizza.:rolleyes: