Register now to get rid of these ads!

The New Guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Mofoa, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Mofoa

Mofoa

Alright, so I joined a few years ago with the intent to get started on my 1954 Chevy Truck project, and well...

Anyhow, I am back on the wagon and want to get things moving again.

The Project: 1954 Chevy Truck
    The Goal: Get the 235 running and on the streets.

Latest Update: Pulled old motor that was sitting in there (real poor condition/ needs a full rebuild) and will be dropping in a 235. Don't know much about this 235, other than the codes which ages this to a 1961 235 motor. It was just thrown in as part of a deal I made to purchase the truck. Pressure tested it and it seems OK, lowest being around 115. The one bbl carb looked like it needed to be rebuilt...was a leaky mess so after doing some researched, decided on a 2bbl rochester. Next, I bolted on Fenton headers. Sounds real good! This is not yet in the truck.

Will be mating a 200 4R to the 235. so just purchased the adapter from Langdon's.

On the hunt for a rear end to change to open drive. Have a lead I'll be checking out this Saturday.

Next up...remove the front grill to make cleaning a bit easier.

Well, this seems like a lot of info...I'll copy some of this and maybe start another build thread.

Thanks all! : )

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from the right coast !

3. Rick Hegdahl

Rick Hegdahl

Welcome from another newbie!

4. simpsonrl

simpsonrl

I would love to see some pictures! Good luck and happy building!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.