Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Hot Rod Songs of Cars Land...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Hot Rod Songs of Cars Land...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Tim, AndersF, Max Gearhead and 4 others like this.
  2. belair

belair

Cool. And a Disney-funded trip to Hershey. Are you still associated with the Cars work, or do others maintain it and you are assigned somewhere else?

3. Without a doubt, my favorite part of radiator springs racers ride is the queue for it because of the automotive props and the music. Thank you

4. Cool stuff. We are taking my son in May so I will try to listen for some of these songs as I am sure we will be in line few times as he loves the Cars movies.

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

One of the best areas of California Adventure that I feel the magic is correct, the best time to ride Cars is at sunset.

Excellent work, that will live on.

6. Some great tunes here. They've got to help create a very cool fun atmosphere there at the Cars ride.

I've been 'collecting' car songs on a big Spotify playlist, but I think the only one of these 5 that is on Spotify is the Chevrolet Six song. It looks like there are cover versions of some of the others though, so down that rabbit hole I go... Thanks for setting up the soundtrack for my work day today.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  7. banjorear

banjorear

I was going to post the same sentiments. We've been three Disney Theme Parks. Though the one in CA may be the smallest, I'd say Cars Land (is that what's it's called??) ranks up there with the top attraction for us.

Waiting in line, my youngest son (who has an iron trap memory) said, "Hey Dad! They're playing your CD."

The CD he was referring to was the Hillbilly Hot Rod & Automotive Songs compilation. We all dug the tunes and both of my boys marveled at all the cool stuff you saw everywhere you looked.

Great work, Jive Bomber and all of the folks at Disney. It was a great trip!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  8. banjorear

banjorear

Agreed. Here is a picture just as sunset was starting to happen. It was cool to be on the track with the headlights on. Your comment about the magic is correct. At the time, both of my sons were still under 10. Being fans of the Cars movie, they just ate the entire scene up

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  9. eddie1

eddie1

I agree 100%. I told my girlfriend & her kids about Jive-Bomber & his work while admiring said work in line this past September. I have not been to Disneyland since 1976 & was absolutely blown away by Carsland! So much like the movie & the level of attention to the details is amazing.

10. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

Great Place. I must visit some day, and those old Hillbilly Hot Rod songs!! Ohh my. theres nothing even Close to that feeling.

11. Joe Mammana

Joe Mammana
    from Tucson AZ

Totally worth seeing! We have gone for the last few years and weren’t able to ride the track until this past summer! We loved it and since there was something big going on at one of the other parks we went three times back to back! IMG_1554.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Never heard these songs before, different ,Disney is playing close attention to detail and using experts in there fields for collaboration on there projects with huge success , Cars land is one of them,not to get off the subject the movie 'COCO " was the first movie in Mexico's history to be a big hit ,release 2 weeks earlier before the U.S. they did there home work to get everything right where the story took place