Register now to get rid of these ads!

selling cars without a dealer license

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sixbangr, Jan 14, 2011.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This activity may take some courage in your convictions at times. I don't want to get political, but there's certain things states can't do that curtail one's honest liberties. In some of these states, if I collect a couple dozen cars and now need to sell 10 or more to get that big $$$$$ car I always had lust for, I can't? A courageous "Fuck You" is required, and if they make you lawyer up they can bloody well pay for that too. Who the fuck is ANYONE to tell you what you can and can't do with your LEGALLY OWNED PROPERTY. Now if you were dumping several crates of AR-15s at a time you'll draw some serious attention, even if you legally own em, but cars? Old cars? Collector cars? Gotta be a dealer? Years ago on this old topic I said what we did, and I still to this day flip when I can. I don't collect sales tax, I PAY IT. The next one can pay it (which also really chaps my ass), and so on. When reality sets in, regardless of the state, it actually takes a legal complaint for most depts to act on something. That reality? Not many of us are as important as we think we are. Already sold 4? Here comes #5, so there. What are they gonna do about it? Lock you up with MS-13 drug dealers? For selling YOUR CAR? Phssstttttt! It's possible that many laws CAN NOT be enforced and they're there to deter certain things from happening. If nobody raises a fuss then who gives a shit. I own 7 titled vehicles and 2 registered RVs. I can sell all of them, tomorrow, legally, with no fear of reprisal from my state. They're MINE, not theirs, not a public trust, not a selling business, mine. Am I being a keyboard tough guy? Not at all, I've done this for too long and know my rights and liberties. Your results may definately vary, tax n title ALWAYS extra, void where it seems to be, blah, blah, blah...

i.rant, Old wolf and Hnstray like this.
  2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I think if you approached the tax office first and explained you've been rescuing collectors cars for a while and now want to Thin down your Collection, theyd work with you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. What many don't realize it isn't about protecting the public or restricting freedoms. There are two kinds of people. There are producing makers. They build grow fix & repair stuff and generate revenue by adding value of some sort by their time and labor. Then there are the Parasite Takers. They then to work for the government. So they don't do anything but think of new Revenue Generating laws rules and Regulations to tax and robb the Productive makers. They justify their theft by stating the low overhead person is not paying their Fair Share. The takers apply this wrong headed thinking to everything not just vehicles. In Arkansas its against the law for me to sell or give away a single baby chicken or baby rabbit. I must sell at least 6 at a time. I would bet that most of us break many laws we havent any clue exist on a daily basis..

crashfarmer and edwardlloyd like this.
  4. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
    Ayn Rand

5. I once bought a 68 GMC truck from the County at a surplus auction. paid $350. Put in a engine and installed a dump bed on it. and went to the revenue office to buy tags. The county gave me the original certificate of manufacture. And the revenue dept wanted me to pay sales tax on what the county had paid when they bought the truck new. I refused. I needed to haul some gravel. The county badge was still on the doors. And I had some work shirts left from when I worked for the county. So I just drove it without any tags. I always wore those shirts. When I got stopped I told the law to take it up with the county judge. It worked. After a couple of years I took that truck to the annual green county FFA auction. And the auction staff after I showed them the title stated we don't care we will sell it. They stated the green county school dist has placed some buses in this sale with the same type of manufactures certificates. So I sold it for $1100. Since that time I have bought several county owned city owned and state owned vehicles where the government didn't pay the sales taxes. and I just junk them. there is a mid 70's one ton truck in the hoard at present that was city owned. they would want more than its worth in sales taxes.

theHIGHLANDER likes this.
  6. Chad Junge

Chad Junge

Can anyone confirm dealer trade-ins don't count on title transfers as the limit is 5 in ohio. Any information on this is appreciated.

7. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dealer trade ins in Ohio do not count-looked it up a couple of years ago. They don't want the dealers to loose out on a sale. But the state does not care limiting you to selling only 5 cars a year-sure it was enacted to help the dealers (with lobbyists help). alex

Old wolf likes this.