Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Stromberg Tool!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Lancaster, Jan 24, 2008.

1. banjorear

banjorear

I got a feeling that it may be easier for you to list the things you DON't have or collect than you do.

I'm always impressed with your pictures. GAWD DAMN you've got some cool stuff.

2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I can't find my carb tools either

I've got Stromberg jet tool sockets not the ittle stamped tin stuff ..sockets.... when I find'em I post those too.....

And there'sa Stromberg SW Booster kit here too.......

Moving issa bitch.........

3. 18n57

18n57

Bruce, the mental image of your poor wife flailing away on the pump caused me a severe belly laugh and possibly a rupture. Damn !! I'm gonna haf ta put my feet up and rest for a while:):)

4. Yes it is, I am still unpacking stuff I boxed 10 years ago!

5. jonny o

jonny o

Congrats on working mid-evil style. Who needs an compressor anyway?

6. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nine years ago! My old Dad told me, time gathers momentum!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Hi Max,

Great tip on blocked pump tubes.

I posted a thread the other day and got no reply. Can you tell me if there is an adjustment on 97s to adjust the high idle when on the choke? Don't see a separate screw like later carbs.

8. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the accelerator pump link is on the "S" ball of throttle arm, speed should increase when the choke is pulled, with the help of the chokekicker linkage. If it's on the "W" ball, you'll probably have to dial it down. If it's still way too fast, you may have worn bushings and/or throttleshaft.

9. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Dude I rebuilt four of them just as Bruce said and they work perfectly. They even idle. Oh I had to take the filters out to lighten up the spark plugs. I now have screen door filters. That keeps the borders out.

SANY0003.jpg SANY0003.jpg

10. williebill

williebill

Another reason to love the HAMB.... seeing this thread and going back to reread it from the beginning again.

You folks are priceless....

11. pitman

pitman

Willie, you nail it! Wisdom lurks behind clever tales by Obie-wan! (Mssr. Lancaster)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Thanks Max. My pump link is on the ball closest to the throttle shaft. The problem I have is, when cold, it takes a bunch of choke pull to raise the rpms and get an idle, then when I pull away it goes very rich, I have to push the choke in to avoid misfire, then when I come to a stop sign I have to pull the choke again to get an idle. All this goes away once warm, nice steady slow idle. If I could get a faster idle on the choke without the choke plate being as closed, I think that would help.