Register now to get rid of these ads!

lasalle side shift tranny help PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by touchdowntodd, Apr 26, 2006.

1. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

what years pressure plate will fit a side shift?????

anyone knoww?

2. alchemy

alchemy

That depends on your throwout bearing, disc, and flywheel, not the trans. Are you adapting it to something else? What?

My Lasalle trans is adpated to a Ford flathead with an Offy (I think) bellhousing, and it uses a Ford throwout bearing and front retainer. So it uses flathead Ford clutch parts.

3. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

its goin on a 303 rocket... i believe that means im usin the stock bell... i dont have it til thursday..... so cant tell you for sure but its bolted up to a rocket right now..

this is makin me feel REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL stupid right now

4. alchemy

alchemy

Glad I could help.

5. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i DO believe it would use all olds parts as far as pressure plate and clutch correct????

anyone makin this new??? i assume so.. i hvae a clutch, but need a pressure plate.....

6. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

btt... a dumb querstion, frmo a dumb man...

i need the olds stuff right???

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

You're in luck. A stock early Olds flywheel used a long style pressure plate like many years of Ford engines did. They're easy enough to find.

8. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

best place to buy???

if i was to buy, i assume i need an olds clutch too???

whats best place... anyone?? anyone?? bueller?

9. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

You said it is currently bolted to a Rocket. So what do you need beside what you already have?
    If the clutch and plate are shot, take them into to a REAL parts place and have them match it up. In many cases you can find part # on the oldies.

Im using a 37 LaSale behind my 324 and had no problem getting everything I needed at a REAL place called Robbins Auto Supply out here. Most of the counter guys at all their stores have gray hair or none!

10. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

hi, i have a 1940 lasalle side shift tranny. looks good.$200.00 cadillac dave

11. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

hi, i have a 1940 lasalle side shift tranny. $200.00 plus crating and shipping. or you could pick up. thanks cadillac dave 607 753 9972