Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Working on my first project car 1949 buick super.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Molotovcockteaze, Dec 8, 2017.

1. I have always wanted a classic car to fix up, this year my husband and I got stationed in AZ.
    So in July he got a buick like I wanted for us to fix up together since there is no better time to pick up a project car then while you are in AZ.

He is more the mechanic and I do pretty much everything else. I know some mechanic stuff just not as much as him, and if I didn't let him work on that part he wouldn't be helping me at all lol.

I am excited because this is my first project . I have done a lot but still have a lot to do. I did all the interior and reupholstery myself. (Except bow headliner we are leaving to someone else and windlace) I was worried tackeling patterns based off torn dried up fabric already there but I think it came out pretty well for a first timer at car interiors. I did everything in the pictures myself, my husband and installed a new starter and alternator together.
    I still have to tackle door panels which I have been putting off.
    https://imgur.com/a/f13L5

rjones35, T-roaster, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  2. Nice car. Are you going to add any speed equipment?

Inline Buick 8 intake/header from Massachusetts four door as well.
    [​IMG]

3. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Sedanette? Either way, sweet sounding project

4. You do some nice upholstery work.

Wrench666 likes this.

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Upholstery is quite impressive! Keep up the good work.....

Ray

7. khead47

khead47

Skulls=RR

X38 and Hnstray like this.
  8. I am not a fan of them, however my father (born in 1949) remembers the some of high schooler's in the 50's with them on their cars. Some fifty years before the rat rod term!

MyCrustyVW and Clay Belt like this.
  9. Very nice job on the interior.

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  10. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How come I don't see your pictures, seems everyone else can?

11. 0nedon

0nedon

I don't see them either

12. "teaze" nice job...what is the material you used along the bottom of the seats?

13. BJR

BJR

To see pictures click on the link at the end of the first post. Interior looks killer. However I think your shoulder harness top anchor point is not safe. In an accident it will just pull the front seat cushion out and you will go forward into the steering wheel.

14. williebill

williebill

49s are cool. Always loved the rear view, that bumper and the taillights scream custom. One of the best looking bumpers ever. Looking good.

15. E46

E46

Nice job on the interior. I have a 49 Super sedanette, have always loved that one year only style. The engine and transmission is strong and a proven design. Good luck with your project!

16. It is a 4 door.
    I do love the back of The Sedanette though.

17. I thought about it but haven't decided yet.

18. Thanks.

19. I just like skulls. I am going to keep it more stock. Skulls but still classy looking.
    I want to give it a Satin paint job maybe some goss flames just enough where the car still looks classy and not cheesey. Because sometimes flames can look bad if over done. I am thinking something like this cars paint job

Attached Files:

dualquads and spurgeonforge like this.
  20. They are in the imgr link.

21. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Nice car.I love straight eights!

22. REAL nice job.I always loved the taillights on that year.Good luck with her. Bruce.

23. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Nice job on the seats and steering wheel (from your link). Keep it going, really trick ride, any chance you would split the exhaust?